Ratings for Dr. Leonardo Cortese

im an 8 year patient, he is the best for me. He is a busy man and runs late at times, I just rescheduele and leave, They are very understanding about this. Great at being understanding

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

My experience with Dr. Cortese 7 years ago was awful. I walked away from the experience feeling like this Dr. did not care for my well being at all. He just couldn't be bothered. I felt humiliated after our first consult and was reluctant to see him again but went to my second appointment, I waited 2 and a half hours after my appointment time. I finally gave up waiting and left. I had no follow-up after that and never saw him again. I told my family doctor I would rather deal with her only and that I didn't want to see him again. It was a very difficult time in my life, dealing with the death of a family member and I did not expect that from a Dr. of his caliber. I don't know if I caught him at a bad time in his career which would have accounted for his hostility. I walked away from the whole experience questioning myself and why he was like that to me. I honestly did nothing that could have justified it. It still upsets me to this day. I understand he is a well respected Dr. and I feel happy for those patients he helped but in my case it was quite different.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Great Doctor who has helped my family member with his health issues. Many times mental health comes strictly down to nutrition, activity level, your social circles, as well as supplementation. He does not push medications unless absolutely needed. Psychiatry is still in its infancy stages, as they don't even conclusively know what causes many mental illnesses, as all body processes are connected. Endocrine hormones have been used for many decades to treat mental illnesses in many other countries, but for some reason not in Canada. If you have some problems, please ask the Doctor to have your testosterone and estrogen levels checked, as the top world psychiatrists show that often testosterone can solve many mental health issues. Yes, really!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Thanks to Dr. Cortese I am a mentally healthy person. He took me off many meds which changed my life forever. I recommend Dr. Cortese to anyone. Wonderful, wonderful man.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. Len Cortese is an extremely knowledgable psychiatrist. He does need a few additional clocks in his office and a wonderfully crafted alarm on his watch. I recognize he is a busy man, seeing thousands of patients, attending meetings, giving workshop (everywhere in the world).... it is a flaw that I do not have a problem with at all. I bring my computer, iPad, something so the time goes by faster. I would recommend Dr. Cortese to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

DR. CORTESE IS VERY KNOWLEDGABLE BUT THE WORST FOR BEING PUNCTUAL.ONE TIME I WAITED 3 HRS FOR HIM AS HE WAS RUNNING BEHIND TO BE SEEN FOR 15 MIN.HE IS VERY FRIENDLY AND PERSONABLE BUT DOES'T LIKE TO TAKE SUGGESTIONS FOR MEDICATIONS.ONE VERY FRUSTRATING THING IS IT'S EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO GET THROUGH TO HIS OFFICE.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013

My mother went to see this DR in 2010 and still does to this day. She says she is the best after being thru many psychiatrists in the past 30 years. He is really upbeat and speaks Italian/English and maybe more.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2012

Put my faith back into psychiatry! Wow with 1 visit restored our hope and look forward to working with him

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

Dr. Cortese is the best Psychiatrist in Windsor. He is caring and does not push medications on patients. Instead he educates you and give you the choice of your care. His assistant is the best she really cares about the patients

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010