Ratings for Dr. Samuel Abbate

Dr Abbate helped me when I was diagnosed with thyroid nodules. He stated it would be dangerous to biopsy them because they were too close to my carotid artery, so he said a "wait and see" approach was best for me. I go for an annual ct exam instead to make sure the nodules are neither hot nor growing. Thanks, Doctor Abbate, for taking the conservative approach.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I agree with the other posts. I to believe he is a good doctor. but he puts a lot of stake in the "numbers" and seems to dismiss other problems or symptoms. I do not know if he is uncomfortable or what.he rarely examines you

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

Dr. Abatte is a very fine man and Dr. I think he works hard to keep his patients well. But I do wish he would also do more with out looking into the computer screen. I would like him to look and talk to me more. Also ask more about how I am feeling not just going over the numbers. The numbers dont tell the whole picture. But above all he is a very good Dr. and we are lucky to have him and his staff. I think they are good people who work hard and do care a lot about their patients.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

This is a genuinely nice man, but has some difficulty with bedside manner. He comes into the room and greets the patient briefly, then immediately sits down in front of the computer and begins searching for your info, and mumbling to himself about what he is looking for. He should focus on establishing a rapport with his patient, making eye contact, asking questions, showing interest in your illness or concerns. Needs to read a book on emotional intelligence. I believe he is a skilled doctor and good diagnostitian, but his personality or lack thereof gets in the way. Hey doc, buy the book "How to Win Friends and Influence People". It would be a real eye opener for you, and dramatically improve your practice. Also, please lay off the religious dogma. We've all had it up to HERE with people prostelytizing their beliefs on us. Use the computer as a tool during consults only minimally, and toward the end please. We feel ignored and shut out. Try to show interest in what we are saying.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Dr. Samuel Abbate's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1984)