Ratings for Dr. Craig M. Smith

My name is Mildred Rodgers. I had surgery at Centinela Hospital. Dr. Smith , along with Dr. Hurst and Dr. Shorr performed the surgery. Dr. Smith came to see me every morning after surgery. He was very pleasant. I looked forward to seeing him each day. I told him I had been on a list for affordable housing for ten years and I was finally contacted for an interview and had to leave the hospital at a certain date. Dr. Smith was one of the surgeons who performed my surgery. He came to see me every morning afterward. I told him I had been waiting over ten years to get an interview for affordable housing and that I was finally scheduled for an interview and had to be there. First of all Dr. Smith was astounded at the long wait. Then he became very concerned and wanted me to keep that appointment. He encouraged me to get out of the bed and walk, to get stronger and to do all I could to help myself to make that interview. He told me if my food stayed down and I was stronger I could go. He encouraged me every day to do my best. He said it was up to me. The morning before my appointment Dr. Smith came to see me as usual. This time he started talking as he entered the room. His animated tone let me know i was in for some good news. The conversation went thus: Dr. Smith: "Do you want to keep that appointment?" Me: "I can go?" Dr. S: "Do you want to keep that appointment?" Me: "I can go?" Dr. S: " DO YOU WANT TO KEEP THAT APPOINTMENT?" Me: "YES" Dr. S: "GET DRESSEED!!!!!!" He was as happy for me as I was. He is a very nice man. I am thankful for the surgeons: Dr. Smith, Dr. Shorr, and Dr. Hurst and for my Primary Dr. Randy Hawkins for attending me at Centinela. I call them the CAT: "Centinela 'A Team'" This is my first time writing a review. I hope it's clear. Thank you, A very satisfied patient.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Dr Smith has an attitude that makes a patient feel comfortable and cared for. I was very dis satisfied with Dr. Shorr, he was uncaring and very short with me at a time when I was feeling awful. But Dr Smith showed up to cover for him and I was impressed with him and his professionalism, level of consideration, time taken to explain everything to me and my family. This will be only my 3rd time seeing him today but I have confidence in him and trust the he cares and wants to provide the best health care for me with and is interested in my situation and health beng very good. I am impressed and have confidence in his professioalism and skills. Mostly people skills, that is the real important thing all patients need. To feel like a very important significant person to the Doctor not just another "case" . My name is Mary and I have seen a lot of Doctors for different reasons and Dr Smith made me feel like the 'Old school dr.s used to.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Dr. Craig M. Smith's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Commercial Insurance Company