Ratings for Dr. Rahul K. Nath

I was unable to find help for my dangling shoulder for almost a year. During this time, my nerves were slowly dying one by one. Soon I wouldn't have been able to move my arm at all. 3 doctors said they would tie my shoulder town completely, and it would be of minimal use. Honestly, Dr. Nath gave me my life back. I'm incredibly hard patient to diagonose and "fix". I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome so my body is almost always misunderstood. Within the next morning, I could raise my arm and use it completely on my own. I damaged my long thoracic nerve and he repaired SIX of my damaged nerves that died off in the year while seeking surgery. Dr. Nath is by no means rude or harsh. He is just a quiet man and that can be perceived negatively. Most intelligent people aren't people of many words; however, I'll take a silent doctor if that means I can use my arm again.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Dr Nath saw my wife after she had a double mastectomy leaving her with a cut long thorasic nerve and a horrible winged scapula. She was unable to use her arm and could not reach above her head or reach out away from her body. Dr Nath explained thoughly what he could offer by graphing her nerve and doing a reattachin it. He also explained in great detail the downside of the surgery and possibility of negative results. After my wifes surgery he was very thorough and discussed what ot expect next. He is very straightforward but also very caring, he is extremely smart and well educated in his field of expertise. I searched the nation for the best doctor to help my wife and after 17 doctors appoints when everyone was telling us she was just going to have to adjust to her life long injury I found Dr Nath. He not only corrected the initial problem but is concerned about helping her to correct the damage caused by the initial injury. He is an outstanding doctor one of the best in his field. If you want a straightforward opinion definitely choose Dr. Nath if he can help to correct a nerve issue he will tell you the ins and outs of the process and what to expect good and bad.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr Nath isnt the nicest person himself, but he is an awesome professional. He has been helping my son and so far I have NO complaints. He is an specialist, not a family doctor. He knows what he is talking about.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

My daughter first saw this Imbasil when she was one and he recommended surgery then but I decided to wait..2 years later I took her back and he recommended the same 2 surgeries without even re evaluating my daughters improvements. All he does is recommend these surgeries when the child may not necessarily need them!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Very cold to my 6 month old granddaughter. He walked in and picked her arm up and dropped and them coldly began telling my 23 year old daughter who was already scared how her baby would need multiple surgeries. He may be knowledgeable but he is rough, cold, and full of himself. We had a second opinion with Texas children's and we were very satisfied. We had a team of surgeons and therapists eager and enthusiastic about her treatment and recovery.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Saw him every 3 months until my daughter was 18 months old. He recommended 2 surgeries when she was 6 months old even though she was on a path to normal recovery. We consulted 6 other (all well known with BP injuries) NONE of the agreed she needed ANY surgery! I am happy to say my daughter has recovered almost fully without surgery and no one can tell she has an injury. There are tons more disturbing details about Dr. Nath, but I suggest you go to the Texas Medical Board website and look up the disciplinary actions filed against him and read the documents filed by the board -- very serious stuff, accused of making up pathology to justify surgery, letting residents perform surgeries while he played golf, overcharging by tens of thousands of dollars, performing unnecessary surgeries, horrible, horrible things. Sadly I have befriended 2 other families who did have surgery with him and suffered very poor outcomes! Do your research and STAY AWAY! The board SHOULD have taken his license!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2012

I went to Dr. Nath and found him to be outstanding doctor who is extremely knowledgable.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

Response to post by person on 8/13/07 with winged scapula surgery by Nath. 1st: How old are you? I only know of ONE successful winged scapula surgery by Nath of a Texas teenager, who I spoke to on the phone. She told me all of her joints were double jointed-so she may be different to start with. She also told me her arm would go numb sometimes while she sat watching T.V. (friendly teen), but I wish I had never gone to Dr. Rahul Nath. 2nd: Many winged scapula injuries heal on their own, or not, I learned from others who had them-usually takes almost 1-2 years,if the nerve is stretched-youth is an advantage. 3rd:How old are you?-and how long were u injured prior to surgery?- All adults I know who have had a winged scapula injury for over 1-2 years really DO NOT HEAL all the way. Sorry! And to guess about cutting into a patient NECK, as Dr. Nath did to me.with NO EMG showing injury, NO MRI,and diagnosing from a video I sent him..IS MALPRACTICE and worse. See tossurgerynightmare(dot)com

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

Dr. Nath is not only a skillful surgeon but wonderful caring human being! Many Doctors on his level are skilled in thier field but often have no bedside manner! Dr Nath helped my husband when we had little hope.He nearly lost his arm in s auto crash and actually nearly died. I cannot dtress how Dr Nath works with God in his hands and mind but it overflows in his heart...thanks Dr Nath!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2009

Be VERY careful about Dr. Nath. He makes claims to seduce patients into surgeries. NO surgeon is as good as the claims he made in writing to my HMO, Kaiser. As ruthless as Kaiser is--I wish I had listened to their hesitation regarding Dr. Nath. But since HMOs are unethical too--they paid for the surgery after Nath told them their appeals nurse called his office to defame me. Be very careful trusting this man. I have learned that MANY Brachial Plexus birth injuries CAN heal with the help of a good hands on Feldenkrais Physical therapist--or by themselves. How can Nath really prove his surgeries aren't making your children worse? or better?? United Brachial Plexus website is run by Malpractice attornies behind the scenes--at least when I used to visit there and my posts about Nath's failed surgery on me would "disappear" or get changed. Nath HURT me. HE CUT OPEN MY NECK FOR NO REASON. AND I was there when he cut open Rick's neck too, his surgery failed too. Bilaterally. BEWARE of NATH

flag | Submitted May 30, 2009

Dr. Rahul K. Nath's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1988)

The Guardian Life Insurance Company Of America