Ratings for Dr. William E. Sumner

The Dr. and staff rescheduled my wife's appointment without informing us. This procedure was scheduled a month out and when we checked in at St. V. We were not informed of the scheduling change, which lead to us sitting in a day surgery ready bay for about 6 hours and the hospital staff ignored us and blamed the Dr. Office. When I voiced my frustration they just pushed us upstairs. Original appointment was 1pm by 715pm the Dr came out to tell us it would not happen that day, so all that money and time in the hospital, rx, upper/lower GI for nothing. This was a very time sensitive surgery. And now we'll have to wait for a year to have this re-scheduled with a responsible Dr. All of this could have been avoided, and no frustration by anyone, by just communicating. it seems the hospital and Dr/Staff could improve one of the most non-technical/non-specialized skills. It does not matter what trade/skill you have, Communicate to your customer/client/patient. You would be surprised!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2013

This surgeon is a genius. He operated on a very rare tumor for my brother. He is kind, brilliant, easy to communicate with, and extremely thorough. I recommend hiim most highly to anyone needing oncological surgery. His resume speaks for itself. Dr. Sumner is one of the finest in this generation. I am extremely grateful that he was recommended to us. I do believe he saved my brother's life!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2010

Dr. William E. Sumner's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)