Ratings for Dr. Samuel J. Laufer

June 23rd 2017 will mark the 20th anniversary of my anterior scoliosis surgery. I've never experienced so much as a stiff back since. I went on to play varsity field hockey in high school and audition for/participate in a summer program at American Ballet Theater. I'm now 32 years old and free of any residual effects of the surgery or the severe scoliosis (aside from a 14 inch scar :) )

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I am deeply sorry to the woman who left a message and is now bound to a wheelchair. However all i can speak of is my own personal experience. In July of 2000 I underwent a 10 1/2 hour thoracic spinal fusion along the entire thoracic spine. Today in Januaray of 2015 , I have NEVER IN ANYWAY had a single back pain nor ache. And I have been active to the point I did play very competitive college Ice Hockey. God Bless and good luck

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Dr. Laufer performed my scoliosis surgery over 20 years ago. Without his expertise and vast knowledge of this diagnosis, I would not be as happy and healthy has I am today. When I was 12, my back was curved over 102 degrees. He and his team was able to reduce it to a curvature in the twenties. This is a huge improvement. Over the years, I have very minimal complications and limitations. My family was so nervous having their daughter go through spine surgery but felt at ease that I was "in good hands". I would highly recommend Dr. Laufer.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2013

He is doing my surgery August 7th. He is an amazing guy who has been here for me since the day i walked in the door. I recommend him to anyone.!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

everybody research this doctor... when i was 13 i had scolios surgery from laufer and i am now paralyzed. tommorrow is 11 years... i never heard from laufer about a year after my surgery. staff is horrible and so is this man. i was never able to sue because the lawyers we went to all said the ssme thing " not enough evidence" i'm in a freakin wheelchair how much more "evidence do you need??

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

I never been treated the way I was by the staff at this office. I actually have no words. The office manager didn't even get to the phone to speak to me, she was talking through a nurse. I work at the doctors office myself, right next to this office and we occationally recommend patients to this office, but now I will definitely tell patients to find a different doctor just because of his staff. Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

Dr. Laufer is a pediatric orthopedic and came highly recommended. He seems to be on track with our child's treatment. Although the office staff is efficient, there isn't a great deal of friendliness at the front desk (just a smile makes a difference!) We are generally seen within 10-15 minutes. The office could use a facelift in terms of decor!!!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2010

Dr. Samuel J. Laufer's Credentials

• Univ Of Tn, Memphis, Coll Of Med, Memphis Tn 38163 (Grad. 1969)

Tufts Health Plans