Ratings for Dr. Najibe H. Dow

I have made the decision to switch dentists as I do not feel comfortable with her disposition and treatments. After being examined and treated by three separate dentists over the past 3 years , I would rank her at the bottom when it comes to friendliness and trust. I could not shake the feeling that she did not have my oral health in mind but rather my potential revenue to her business when she developed treatment plans. Also , she rushed to start treatment to drill before novacain set in on multiple ocasions.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

I completely disagree with the previous reviewer. Of all of the dentists I have seen Dr. Dow is the first one that looked at the big picture and paid attention to things that may help me when it comes to my oral health. I refer her to people in the area all of the time because of the way she works. A cleaning every 3 months is standard depending on what a dentist sees. For some people brushing twice daily and flossing is just not enough and they need more frequent cleanings to prevent situations that would involve crowns or fillings. Dr. Dow is an advocate for preventative medicine. Unlike other dentists who may let things get too far, she actually tries to keep dental problems from escalating. Because of her I have regular cleanings, every 3 months because I have a permanent retainer and I get build up easily. She recommended invisalign to me too in order to perfect my smile, but I could not afford it, so we moved on with my standard dental care.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

She does not have a good bedside manner in my opinion. She wanted me to come back in 3 months for another cleaning even though I brush daily and have not missed a cleaning in 10 years. She also thought I should have a crown replaced, root canal and have invisialine. I've been to 4 different dentists in the last two years and I can tell she is out to try and generate as much work as possible. Will never return and refer.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

Very knowledgeable, thorough work, friendly office environment. Takes time to listen to patients and address concerns.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Dow for years now and she's excellent. She and her staff are all really friendly and professional. I've had cleanings, cavities filled, and bleaching done with her and all were great. Growing up I went through a lot of dentists and orthodontists, and she is by far the best. Her office is spotless and you can always count on an honest opinion from her about procedures. You're in good hands with her.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Very knowledgeable and caring. Kind and friendly staff. No long waiting

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Dow for years. I have never had a poor experience. She takes her time to ensure that the patient is satisfied with the results and that the smile is still cosmetically pleasing. After seeing her I will be a patient for life. I have had almost every procedure done by Dr. Dow including: cleanings, fillings, sealant, whitening, and veneers. I get complimented on my smile all of the time and attribute that to her excellent work. The staff is friendly and helpful. This practice is truely a small business focused on their patients.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

1. Two different occasions, I told her that the lidocaine had worn off on me. She continued to work till the point I had tears streaming down my eyes from pain for her to stop working, and to give me more anestetic. 2. She used up my insurance for the yr and tried to do more work on me till I asked her to check my insurance, and it had been completely used up, and then some, and I was billed out of pocket. 3. She began doing a root canal on my tooth without consulting me. I was there for a cavity fill. Isnt there a law that prohibits doing work on someone without their consult? I will never go back to her. Shes rude at times, and she doesnt care if your in pain or uncomfortable. She knows what shes doing, but who cares. The dentist shouldnt be an unpleasant experience, and it is with her.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

Used all of my insurance for the year, plus billed me $1,000. Insisted on a root canal and she is not a specialist. Did the root canal poorly. I am in pain. May now lose the tooth.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010