Ratings for Dr. Gretchen M. Zirbel

She is a good doctor, yet she rushes through her appointments.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I went to see Dr Zirbel because I had a blistering, extremely itchy rash all over my body for over a year. She didn't know what was wrong with me. She never returned my calls, told me she would get back to me after discussing my case with colleagues and never did. When I called to ask if they had come up with anything, she sent me some crap she had googled online. I am generally a very healthy person, no medical issues, but I was a mess, not sleeping due to the constant itching, it was a horrible experience! The rash finally went away after 2 rounds of steroids, but I never knew what was causing it. Dr Zirbel had no compassion for me whatsoever.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Dr. Zirbel seems a lot more rushed in the amount of patient time than she did a few years ago. The last appointment she had an assistant do most of the skin treatment, which I was uncomfortable with. I was not asked if that was alright and was told the assistant would be the one taking care of me. I used to like Dr. Zirbel, but will be looking for a new dermatologist.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012

While everyone's experience is different,find the negative one hard to believe. Dr. Z was very thorough with me, answered questions, even called back on her non-clinic day. She respected my preference for "low tech" solutions and the overall impact of skin and wound problems. Definitely recommend. PS got refered to her by a friend whose malignant melanoma Dr. Z.diagnosed early.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Zirbel for the past 10 years. She always addresses my concerns and is very detailed when examining for skin cancers. I never feel rushed and she is a very calm and polite.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010

I almost feel like the other rating listed here is a complete lie. Dr. Zirbel was extremely helpful and compassionate, and was extremely good at comforting me pre/during/post the countless procedures I've had with her. She has always made it a point to have me call if I have any concerns and she was able to get me in very quickly (1-2 days) after I had a cyst appear on my face. I think she understands a lot of the things she treats also have a huge self-esteem impact on patients and therefore does her best to fix any ailments. I would easily recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

Dr Zirbel has no bedside manner. She did not address my concerns and did not perform the services I request. When I asked her some questions about one of my health issues, she brushed me off to another doctor. It was a complete waste of money and time. I should have known better- I had the same experience the first time I went to her! Don't make the same mistake- twice- as I did!!!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

Dr. Gretchen M. Zirbel's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Brookfield, WI