Ratings for Dr. Edward Margolin

So happy I was recommended to Dr.Margolin,my eye sight is great now. A wonderful doctor

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Extremely cold,arrogant eye specialist. Zero people skills. Though brilliant doctor,he treats you like you are a piece of meat on an assembly line!! Very cold and absolutely unfriendly manner!! One feels rushed when you see him,and he and his staff have zero patient sensitivity!! He may be a brilliant eye surgeon,but he is completely devoid of humanity! Cold,abrupt,and quite aloof!! Makes one wonder whether he has Asperger's!!! He's also a QUACK!!!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I was born and raised in Toronto and in my 67 years of life have never met a more horrible doctor than this man Edward. He made me wait 5 hours and saw me for only 2 minutes, answered my questions with tremendous annoyance, has a horriblly rude surgical coordinator Marina, extremely rude staff and charged me around $500 for something which is supposed to be covered by OHIP. I'd rather die than go to this clinic again. Beware & learn from my mistake.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

I have seen margin regularly for about 3 years. the staff who do the work up before you see him are adequate, but Dr. Margolin is always rushing. On this last visit I needed a prescription update so that the pharmacy would give a non-generic medication. He seemed very annoyed, telling me that the pharmacy should have his previous prescription on record as this takes time for him to do. Intact it took 10 seconds for him to tick a box on a prescription pad and then sign his name. the office is really a factory, rushing people through.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Very disappointing Experience. Staff are unprofessional and wanted to charge $250 for services that new opthamolgist says covered by OHIP. Dr Margolin may well be technically competent but his people skills approach zero and his staff are as worse (Dr. was not rude, two staff members were). If I had the time, would complain to the College as patients should not have to endure this sort of detritus when they are not well.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Best dr in Toronto, he is rushed as usual because he is trying to get through the abundance of patients. Most all specialist are the same. They are all busy with little patience but I understand.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

I was warned that he has no people skills and not to expect information. It was not true. He gave good explanation, answered questions, listened to my concerns. Appt was long but started on time. Prep work by a resident was thorough and well explained. Yes Dr. Margolin seemed busy and time spent with me was short but it seemed efficient rather than rushed. All my questions were answered.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

After spending almost 4 hours waiting at my scheduled appointment did not get any advise other than to come back in six months. He hardly spent 2 minutes with me. Most of the time while waiting in the line I saw him running around with very busy expression on his face.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

the doctor seem to have no time and always rushed and doesn't seem to be listening to my concerns. he's focused on pushing me in to doing the surgery and didn't want to hear anything else. I was charged over $250 for an eye test where others would do it for a lot less or freww, and ended up paying over $800 for testing and other things. my surgery was not done properly and I was brushed off quickly when I went back for the follow ups. fortunately i was referred to another doctor at 340 college that charged me nothing and corrected my issues. I am a disable retiree that shouldn't have been subjected to such charges. please think twice before you go to this place... they'd say whatever they can to create fear in you so that you'd say yes to paying them whatever they ask.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

He is the best in the city. Yes, he is not that personable & you must wait a long time, but he knows his stuff. Many people need is care. He follows my rare genetic eye condition and makes sure the other doctors at the office see me too. He was willing to see my mother the same day even tho she did not have an appointment.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016