Ratings for Dr. Edward Margolin

Went with my father to see Dr. Margolin for his glaucoma appointment. Overall good experience but I wish I had more time to ask questions. The good thing about his office is that you can do all the testing there (unlike other doctors I've seen).

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Good office, very organized, long wait if you need tests.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

All you hear is true. If you need any kind of procedure or surgery, go to him! Best in Toronto

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Probably the worst neuro-opthalmoloigst I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot over my 72 years). Stay away from him if you care about your vision.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

Long overdue review here: I seriously injured my eye 3 years ago (it was crushed) and all ophthalmologists told me there's nothing they can do (or wanted to do). I saw Dr Margolin and he said he will attempt to stabilize it. Thanks to him, I went from seeing nothing but light to seeing some general outlines of objects. Considering my eye was completely destroyed, it is a miracle!! He saved my eye! thank you thank you thank you!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Good doc but long wait. He is a neuro-ophthalmology specialist so if you have a neurological type eye problem he's best to see. I also spoke with some patients in the waiting room and they all had just cataracts so I think he does general cases too.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

If you’re looking for a neuro-ophthalmologist, stay away from this man. He permanently damaged my eyes.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I saw Dr. Margolin many times and sometimes the wait is short and other times it's long...but the secretary told me that it was gonna be long so I was prepared and brought a book! He has been managing my glaucoma for a few years now. I had to book extra appointments because I have a lot of allergies to eye drops and had to change my drops often. He always saw me on short notice and changed my prescription when needed. Doing well now!!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

You can count the number of doctors who do what Dr. Margolin does - neuroophthalmology - on the palm of your hand. The number that do it as well as he does is even smaller. Because of this, he has a long patient list and has to be very efficient when managing it. This is probably the reason for why some perceive him as abrupt. As a student, I have never seen him be abrupt with those patients whose conditions merit urgent and complex care. He has a near encyclopedic knowledge of neurological disorders of the eye, which are usually devastating diseases. If he says you will be fine, trust him.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

I waited for 3 months to get this appointment with Dr. Margolin at Bathurst/Eglinton. I was first called by a student, then saw another doctor and then finally Dr. Margolin at the end. It was a long day and took almost 4 hours but they did warn us about that. I was told later to get an urgent blood test and MRI and Dr. Margolin and his staff really made sure that I got it soon (within a few days). I'm very grateful for that. I came back for another appointment and Dr. Margolin explained my condition to me very well. He answered my questions and I felt satisfied. I'm coming back in a month. Although I'm very upset with my condition right now I have to be honest that I feel like Dr. Margolin is really doing everything he can to help me get better. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017