Ratings for Dr. Edward Margolin

He may be very knowledgeable, as all doctors are...but I have never experienced such a LACK of bed side manner. Very cold, rude, blunt..... Staff sucks too. Waited 8 months to get an appointment, called their office 3 times and left 3 voicemails and never got a call back. Finally called a 4th time and they magically had openings as soon as the following week. At the end of the appointment, I was handed an MRI req to fill out on my own...after having dilation drops in. Total lack of patient care.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I was so unfortunate to have worked for this man! He is greedy, insensitive, gossiping about others. Probably a good doctor, but very mean, rude and looking to charge the OHIP as much as he can and even make the patients pay from their pocket for things they should not have. I was very stressed out working with him and did not agree with his practices, so I left.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Far better service than at most neuro-ophthalmologists; Dr. Margolin and staff are kind, considerate, and knowledgeable on my rare condition and are willing to work with me and listen to what I am experiencing. Although waits are long and crowded - it is to be expected for good service :)

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Margolin may have the knowledge, but he is absolutely the most arrogant, condescending, cold, and rude doctor I have had the displeasure of meeting. My elderly mom was referred to him for a serious eye condition. She is the sweetest person alive, but he treated her like something stuck to the bottom of his shoe. He spends as little time as he possibly can in appointments, and makes one feel like it is a crime to ask a question. He hasn't helped mom at all, and she left her last appointment in tears of frustration and misery. This pr*ck will never do that to my mom again, I will search high and low for a doctor who has some humanity!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

So happy I was recommended to Dr.Margolin,my eye sight is great now. A wonderful doctor

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Extremely cold,arrogant eye specialist. Zero people skills. Though brilliant doctor,he treats you like you are a piece of meat on an assembly line!! Very cold and absolutely unfriendly manner!! One feels rushed when you see him,and he and his staff have zero patient sensitivity!! He may be a brilliant eye surgeon,but he is completely devoid of humanity! Cold,abrupt,and quite aloof!! Makes one wonder whether he has Asperger's!!! He's also a QUACK!!!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I was born and raised in Toronto and in my 67 years of life have never met a more horrible doctor than this man Edward. He made me wait 5 hours and saw me for only 2 minutes, answered my questions with tremendous annoyance, has a horriblly rude surgical coordinator Marina, extremely rude staff and charged me around $500 for something which is supposed to be covered by OHIP. I'd rather die than go to this clinic again. Beware & learn from my mistake.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

I have seen margin regularly for about 3 years. the staff who do the work up before you see him are adequate, but Dr. Margolin is always rushing. On this last visit I needed a prescription update so that the pharmacy would give a non-generic medication. He seemed very annoyed, telling me that the pharmacy should have his previous prescription on record as this takes time for him to do. Intact it took 10 seconds for him to tick a box on a prescription pad and then sign his name. the office is really a factory, rushing people through.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Very disappointing Experience. Staff are unprofessional and wanted to charge $250 for services that new opthamolgist says covered by OHIP. Dr Margolin may well be technically competent but his people skills approach zero and his staff are as worse (Dr. was not rude, two staff members were). If I had the time, would complain to the College as patients should not have to endure this sort of detritus when they are not well.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Best dr in Toronto, he is rushed as usual because he is trying to get through the abundance of patients. Most all specialist are the same. They are all busy with little patience but I understand.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016