You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Edward Margolin

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

IMPORTANT!!!! If Dr. Margolin is your ophthalmologist and there has been MRI identification of a MASS or TUMOUR and he tells you it is inoperable, GET A SECOND OPINION!!!! I was told my 'incidentaloma' was in 'expensive real estate, like West side Manhattan' (difficult to reach and critically sensitive area) and therefore was not likely a candidate for surgery, but he would send me 'for a chat' with a neurosurgeon. When I asked if I should be driving with an eye patch, he said it's perfectly legal (which may be true but have you seen Toronto traffic?) Nine months later suffering with 24/7 double vision and chronic migraines by that time, I was near the end of my cope rope and in desperation asked for referral to another neurosurgeon. When I got in, was booked on the spot for surgery, turned out to be cancer. Prognosis now good and vision restored, no thanks to Dr. Margolin. AVOID. Also, everything others say about the horrid wait times, rushed appointments and extremely aloof patient engagement is very true. Worst year of my life. This rating system is flawed. There should be a zero star option.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Totally uncaring,arrogant,insensitive doctor! While his medical/diagnostic skills are excellent,his complete lack of bedside manner or feelings towards you (you are treated like a piece of meat by him each time you visit!!) Cold,sterile person. Makes you feel as if you are on an assembly line each time you come for an appointment. Dismissive,almost like a robot. Contrast him to a former,semi retired eye doctor,Dr Fred Feldman,who was a king!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Do not go to this doctor. Very rushed. Does not explain things well. Makes you feel like you cannot ask questions, spends little time with you.; You feel pressured to make a decision with very little information. Arrogant (I am the doctor, no need to question what I say). If you decide to stay with this doctor, don't let him rush you into a decision. Go away, do your own research, get a second opinion. Just do not let him rush you to a decision you may regret.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Dr Margolin is young and very knowledgeable, has gifted hands for surgery. He gave my mother a second chance in life with her improved vision. I don't really know what more you could ask for in a doctor. Yes you have to wait but you are waiting for a specialist and you want him to take time with you, it is so worth it! Strongly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

When I had my appointment with this doctor, I felt all the time like he was in a rush, trying to get rid of, me and see as many patients he could see in a day. It seems like he is only concern about billing OHIP, Not caring about me. Just writing notes, barely talking and defenetly not listening. The staff treats really bad everybody, they talk to you in a condescending way.. Zero people skills . If you were referred to Dr Margolin, better look for others are many in Toronto.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

i have referred patients to this doctor and every single experience has been poor…read the 1st Nov 7th review….it sounds like it's written by him….he is very smart of does not at all understand that part of being a good doctor is answering patient questions, caring about them as people and being pleasant…very unfortunate

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

I was made to wait hours only to do tests that I had already gotten done and be shooed out of his office with no answers. He had no intention of doing any further investigation and I had to twist his wrist just to get a referral to someone who might actually shive a git. He also charges 15$ for a doctor's note for work. If your goal is to waste your time, Dr Margolin is definitely the guy to see.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Dr. Edward Margolin's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Very cold mannered doctor. No bedside manner at all. Treats patients like they are robots,not human beings. Office staff incompetent. "

March 16, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "IMPORTANT!!!! If Dr. Margolin is your ophthalmologist and there has been MRI identification of a MASS or TUMOUR and he tells you it is inoperable, GET A SECON..."

February 19, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Totally uncaring,arrogant,insensitive doctor! While his medical/diagnostic skills are excellent,his complete lack of bedside manner or feelings towards you (yo..."

February 2, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Do not go to this doctor. Very rushed. Does not explain things well. Makes you feel like you cannot ask questions, spends little time with you.; You feel pr..."

December 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Terrible experience; unscrupulous doctor. Tests done fast and results not explained at all. Rush rush rush. A money grab, pure and simple. Total waste of time..."

December 11, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Margolin is young and very knowledgeable, has gifted hands for surgery. He gave my mother a second chance in life with her improved vision. I don't really kn..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "When I had my appointment with this doctor, I felt all the time like he was in a rush, trying to get rid of, me and see as many patients he could see in a day...."

August 8, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "i have referred patients to this doctor and every single experience has been poor…read the 1st Nov 7th review….it sounds like it's written by him….he is very sm..."

August 6, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I was made to wait hours only to do tests that I had already gotten done and be shooed out of his office with no answers. He had no intention of doing any furth..."

June 23, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "no comments he is still young and money oriented as any doctor in Canada, nothing special, I wouldn't go, I've had bad expeirience with my mom"

February 13, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "My mother was referred to Dr. Margolin for cataract surgery. She had unusually high astigmatism, and was supposed to get toric lenses that would correct the ast..."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient of Margolin's for two years. I'm 27 and was, at one point, put on medication for glaucoma. Every time I leave his office after my three hour..."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Margolin is a great doctor. Wait times are long, however, it is worth the wait. He takes time to answer questions and is very polite and respectful. Overal..."

November 7, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a sudden vision loss that resulted in Dr. Margolin seeing me within a day. Lucky for me. He is very knowledgable and took the time to answer my questions..."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Good doctor,has great knowledge about treating diabetes and related eye conditions,but manner is rather cold,aloof. Makes one feel as if you are on an assembly..."

October 6, 2014