You may also like

Rate Dr. Edward Margolin

Dr. Edward Margolin's Ratings

Dr Margolin is young and very knowledgeable, has gifted hands for surgery. He gave my mother a second chance in life with her improved vision. I don't really know what more you could ask for in a doctor. Yes you have to wait but you are waiting for a specialist and you want him to take time with you, it is so worth it! Strongly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2893628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2015

When I had my appointment with this doctor, I felt all the time like he was in a rush, trying to get rid of, me and see as many patients he could see in a day. It seems like he is only concern about billing OHIP, Not caring about me. Just writing notes, barely talking and defenetly not listening.
The staff treats really bad everybody, they talk to you in a condescending way.. Zero people skills .
If you were referred to Dr Margolin, better look for others are many in Toronto.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2889375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2015

i have referred patients to this doctor and every single experience has been poor…read the 1st Nov 7th review….it sounds like it's written by him….he is very smart of does not at all understand that part of being a good doctor is answering patient questions, caring about them as people and being pleasant…very unfortunate

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2887831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2015

I was made to wait hours only to do tests that I had already gotten done and be shooed out of his office with no answers. He had no intention of doing any further investigation and I had to twist his wrist just to get a referral to someone who might actually shive a git. He also charges 15$ for a doctor's note for work.

If your goal is to waste your time, Dr Margolin is definitely the guy to see.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2846809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

no comments he is still young and money oriented as any doctor in Canada, nothing special, I wouldn't go, I've had bad expeirience with my mom

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2720717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

My mother was referred to Dr. Margolin for cataract surgery. She had unusually high astigmatism, and was supposed to get toric lenses that would correct the astigmatism (as we later found out). However, Dr. Margolin did not even present this as an option, and did not go through this at all prior to the operation. When asked if she would see well after the operation, he said that most likely she will be able to see well even without glasses. He put in a standard lens and was surprised when at the post-op appointment, he realized that her vision was significantly worse than before. She could barely see anything at this point with this eye due to the high astigmatism. He redid several different tests, and after waiting for about 3 hours, he concluded that she has astigmatism, and that he can do incisions (LRI) but this will not fix it permanently, but he cannot replace the lens, so... too bad for her, basically. He asked how old she is, as if to say that vision is not as important at an older age, which was very disconcerting. We immediately went to a different optholmologist, who had no problem identifying the issue, explained the correct approach and advised us to get lens replacement surgery. She had the correct toric lens put in, and later had the second eye done with the other doctor as well. She now sees almost 20/20 with both eyes (which was extremely unlikely with her level of astigmatism!), as opposed to post-op with Dr. Margolin, at which point she was told that she will never be able to see well, not even with glasses. This doctor does not care about his patients. If anything goes wrong, since most of his patients are elderly, he feels that it is not such a big problem. He might be a sufficiently competent doctor if your situation is relatively standard, but after this experience I would strongly advise anyone to stay far away from this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 10 [[ userState['ratings'][2683570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

I've been a patient of Margolin's for two years. I'm 27 and was, at one point, put on medication for glaucoma. Every time I leave his office after my three hour appointment, I can barely see. I've always needed someone to escort me back home, or somewhere until the effects of the eyedrops wear off. I had to cancel my last appointment at short notice after my ride cancelled on me at the last minute. I was told by Margolin's receptionist that I must pay a $50 cancellation fee before I could rebook my next appointment. I already pay $100 every 6 months for an HRT test at his office that isn't covered by OHIP. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told the same thing. The supervisor mentioned they make exceptions if, say, Wheeltrans cancels. The supervisor then said that since I was 27, I could take transit. I had to politely remind them that it does not matter how old someone is, if they cannot see they cannot see. The supervisor said she would "bother" Dr. Margolin with this at the end of the day, and that I would get a call back. I never got that call. When I called back two weeks later, I got the same story. Unfortunately, the reason why the appointments are 3 hours is because, like many reviews mention, each doctor has overbooked. All 3 of my exams take no more than 3 minutes each. My time with Margolin is roughly 10 minutes. I should be out of his office in less than half an hour. But why treat one patient in that time when you can bill OHIP for 3 or 5? Last year, when Margolin's office never returned my call, my optometrist, who had referred me to him, had to call his office for me. Then he got back to me in 24 hours. There's a bedside manner issue in this office, with Dr. Margolin and his staff. But the buck stops at Dr. Margolin. If you can find another eye specialist, of which there are plenty, I would recommend it. There's nothing worse than getting a negative diagnoses about your vision after three hours of being treated like a market commodity. Don't be fooled by all the gadgets he has in his office. A doctor with more experience who you can communicate with is always a better option for your long-term care.

Was this rating useful? 7 [[ userState['ratings'][2634285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

Dr. Margolin is a great doctor. Wait times are long, however, it is worth the wait. He takes time to answer questions and is very polite and respectful. Overall, i'm very satisfied with the care I received

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2610871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

I had a sudden vision loss that resulted in Dr. Margolin seeing me within a day. Lucky for me. He is very knowledgable and took the time to answer my questions, but I kept them short and to the point. Knowledge should be paramount in a doctor. You know there will be a long wait so take the time to prepare - what questions do you have? Bring a notebook, write them down. Write down what the doctor says, repeat back to the doctor what you heard so you are clear. If the demand was equal to the resources, there would be time for chatting and hugs, sad to say that is not how it works today. Your health is too important, and they are telling you there will be 3 hours so stop texting someone about how long the wait is, and make sure you are prepared. The only way to help the most people is to be efficient. Every minute asking about your feelings delays someone else. If you want a hug, bring a friend or get a puppy. I am sure anyone with these credentials would not short change you on the diagnosis but you have the right to ask questions, and if you are prepared any Doctor will respect that. Do some thinking and planning time, they are giving you the opportunity for uninterrupted time right in the waiting room...

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2610103].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

Good doctor,has great knowledge about treating diabetes and related eye conditions,but manner is rather cold,aloof. Makes one feel as if you are on an assembly line. Rather dismissive attitude.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2565549].votes_count ]]