Ratings for Dr. Edward Margolin

the doctor seem to have no time and always rushed and doesn't seem to be listening to my concerns. he's focused on pushing me in to doing the surgery and didn't want to hear anything else. I was charged over $250 for an eye test where others would do it for a lot less or freww, and ended up paying over $800 for testing and other things. my surgery was not done properly and I was brushed off quickly when I went back for the follow ups. fortunately i was referred to another doctor at 340 college that charged me nothing and corrected my issues. I am a disable retiree that shouldn't have been subjected to such charges. please think twice before you go to this place... they'd say whatever they can to create fear in you so that you'd say yes to paying them whatever they ask.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

He is the best in the city. Yes, he is not that personable & you must wait a long time, but he knows his stuff. Many people need is care. He follows my rare genetic eye condition and makes sure the other doctors at the office see me too. He was willing to see my mother the same day even tho she did not have an appointment.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

Absolutely indifferent and arrogant doctor. The reception room is overcrowded and it seems like 25 - 30 people have been scheduled for the same time. The overbooking negatively affects the quality of the service. He is constantly in rush and running from one room to another. It is hard to say how knowledgable he is because he doesn't explain anything and makes you feel that you annoy him with your questions and concerns. The whole impression from the visit is Dr. Margolin doesn't have compassion, tolerance and human understanding required by the profession, doesn't love people but loves to earn money on them. The staff was also very rude on the phone.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Very cold mannered doctor. No bedside manner at all. Treats patients like they are robots,not human beings. Office staff incompetent.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

IMPORTANT!!!! If Dr. Margolin is your ophthalmologist and there has been MRI identification of a MASS or TUMOUR and he tells you it is inoperable, GET A SECOND OPINION!!!! I was told my 'incidentaloma' was in 'expensive real estate, like West side Manhattan' (difficult to reach and critically sensitive area) and therefore was not likely a candidate for surgery, but he would send me 'for a chat' with a neurosurgeon. When I asked if I should be driving with an eye patch, he said it's perfectly legal (which may be true but have you seen Toronto traffic?) Nine months later suffering with 24/7 double vision and chronic migraines by that time, I was near the end of my cope rope and in desperation asked for referral to another neurosurgeon. When I got in, was booked on the spot for surgery, turned out to be cancer. Prognosis now good and vision restored, no thanks to Dr. Margolin. AVOID. Also, everything others say about the horrid wait times, rushed appointments and extremely aloof patient engagement is very true. Worst year of my life. This rating system is flawed. There should be a zero star option.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Totally uncaring,arrogant,insensitive doctor! While his medical/diagnostic skills are excellent,his complete lack of bedside manner or feelings towards you (you are treated like a piece of meat by him each time you visit!!) Cold,sterile person. Makes you feel as if you are on an assembly line each time you come for an appointment. Dismissive,almost like a robot. Contrast him to a former,semi retired eye doctor,Dr Fred Feldman,who was a king!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Do not go to this doctor. Very rushed. Does not explain things well. Makes you feel like you cannot ask questions, spends little time with you.; You feel pressured to make a decision with very little information. Arrogant (I am the doctor, no need to question what I say). If you decide to stay with this doctor, don't let him rush you into a decision. Go away, do your own research, get a second opinion. Just do not let him rush you to a decision you may regret.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

Terrible experience; unscrupulous doctor. Tests done fast and results not explained at all. Rush rush rush. A money grab, pure and simple. Total waste of time.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Dr Margolin is young and very knowledgeable, has gifted hands for surgery. He gave my mother a second chance in life with her improved vision. I don't really know what more you could ask for in a doctor. Yes you have to wait but you are waiting for a specialist and you want him to take time with you, it is so worth it! Strongly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

When I had my appointment with this doctor, I felt all the time like he was in a rush, trying to get rid of, me and see as many patients he could see in a day. It seems like he is only concern about billing OHIP, Not caring about me. Just writing notes, barely talking and defenetly not listening. The staff treats really bad everybody, they talk to you in a condescending way.. Zero people skills . If you were referred to Dr Margolin, better look for others are many in Toronto.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015