Ratings for Dr. Edward Margolin

I was given a heads-up phone call before my appointment that I might be in the office from two to four hours. I appreciated the advance notice. In fact, my appointment took two hours, which included very thorough testing. The medical student who took a history was very courteous and professional. The technicians who performed the various tests were also efficient. Dr. Margolin was very professional and answered my questions very clearly. I received excellent care in his office.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

My first visit with Dr Margolin was over 3 months ago and I was very impressed with how he remembered me even though he has so many patients. He is very caring and thorough in his assessments and although doesn't spend too much time with each person, I didn't feel dismissed at all. Despite being told that my appointment will take 3 hours, I was in and out within 1 hour including the testing when I came in last week. I'm really glad that I was recommended to Dr Margolin.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Would never have imagined this Dr Margolin to be as unprofessional and uncaring as he is. Took my 85 year old father with stage 4 lung cancer. We showed up 20 mins early only to be told cannot be registered until 1pm which was our appointed time. No problem. Finally name was called and he was brought in for initial tests. The assistant spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what the time referral said. Finally finished that test then sent back to the waiting room again to wait for more tests. 20 mins later was brought into another room for more tests. This was another half hour. Sent back to the waiting room again. Waited another 30 mins. Dr M called us in, didn't bother to say hello never mind introduce himself but rather says give me a minute, typed a few words on his computer then turned and said very bluntly l need more tests, go back out and wait. Nothing else. Asked him what the problem was and he kind of snorted and dismissed us again and even more bluntly while looking at his computer to leave and wait outside. By this time this was 2 hours in and he was feeling horrible. We nonetheless went back and waited. 20 mins later we were brought back in the same rest room and all the tests were repeated again. 3 in total When I questioned why these had to be repeated the tech merely shrugged and said wasn't sure. Another 30 mins of repeat testing. Told to wait again. Waited another hour to see that Dr again. He spent 1 minute in total with us. This is now 4 hours we ve been there. Gave him a Rx for eyedrpos and said book a follow up ok 4 months. A dr is a dr us a dr but am I wrong to expect at least a decent degree of pure common decency? I don't care how good you are at your profession (although I have def not been convinced of his competency) if your attitude and vanity is so bad then I suppose you're useless. U can't help but wonder while sitting there for 4 hours plus and watching all that was going on if this dr is running some kind of scan to bill OHIP extra just in the way he made everyone go in and out and wait between tests and re tests??? I wil def tell everyone I know plus the drs that made the referral just how horrible, uncompassionate, unprofessional and money grabbing this dr is. I hope I can find a way to make a complaint against him with the College. This guy is a total disgrace to his colleagues. There's bribing more ugly and disgusting than to meet such a young dr that displays so blatant that only $$ matters to him and not an iota of care. You should feel very ashamed Dr Greed.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Dr. Margolin saved my mom's vision. We saw a few specialists after she started losing the sight in one eye before finally coming to Dr. Margolin and we are so lucky to have come here. He diagnosed her right at the appointment and prescribed the right treatment immediately. If we had waited longer, she would have lost more vision and maybe the other eye too! Don't hesitate. He knows his stuff and it's worth the wait. My family is forever grateful to Dr Margolin and his clinic.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Good doctor very helpful but I had to wait 2 hours for the whole appointment so next time will bring a book to read while waiting

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr Margolin for 3 years. Dr. Margolin is very busy and you can see that when you go into the clinic : it's crowded and the appointments with the dr are short. However, I always get a thorough exam and have all my questions answered. Its quick and efficient. I feel well-cared for and would definitely recommend him. He is also a fantastic surgeon! I had both cataracts done 2 years ago and he changed my life for the best.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Horrible staff. Especially Marina. Honestly, he should have his medical license revoked by the ministry and never practice again. Horrible.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

maybe a good technitiam but absoluttely dismissive. does not care.You are part of his money making machine His clients are mostly first generation russian immigrants so there is no customer service provided vwry unusual for Canada

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

He may be very knowledgeable, as all doctors are...but I have never experienced such a LACK of bed side manner. Very cold, rude, blunt..... Staff sucks too. Waited 8 months to get an appointment, called their office 3 times and left 3 voicemails and never got a call back. Finally called a 4th time and they magically had openings as soon as the following week. At the end of the appointment, I was handed an MRI req to fill out on my own...after having dilation drops in. Total lack of patient care.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I was so unfortunate to have worked for this man! He is greedy, insensitive, gossiping about others. Probably a good doctor, but very mean, rude and looking to charge the OHIP as much as he can and even make the patients pay from their pocket for things they should not have. I was very stressed out working with him and did not agree with his practices, so I left.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017