Ratings for Dr. Sharon Y. Byun

Terrible skills. She did C-section for me a few years ago. I felt extreme pain after the surgery and they ignored my symptom. 10 days later, my incision started oozing and was opened up at ER. The muscle layer was bleeding badly and lots of blood was trapped inside, which causes the severe pain. CT scan showed there was also a blood sack between uterus and muscle layer, but they did not tell me anything then and did nothing(I find out this later from my medical record). My vaginal bleeding lasted more than 3 months, and they refuse to do any further inspection. A few years later, I delivered my second child with another doctor. During the second surgery, lots of scar tissue was found and removed. They also found my uterus was stick to muscle layer due to the first C-section! The pain after the second C-section was nothing compared to the first one, and I was be able to move around right after hospital discharge. I was not able to get out of bed until 3 weeks after the first C-section!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

She listens to what I say.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

Horrible clinical skills. She misdiagnosed me and left me with a piece of metal lodged in my uterus for a few years. She ignored my symptoms more than once. When I finally went to a new doctor, an ultrasound was immediately ordered, which immediately showed a metal spring stuck inside my uterus, which was then surgically removed. She did nothing but ignore my symptoms - more than once - claiming that "it is normal and most woman have that." I would not refer her to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

Dr. Sharon Y. Byun's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

AHC