You may also like

Polite? I would hardly call the service I received there even close to polite! Dr. Stokes was the doctor I was referred to. He stated that "I didn't need surgery...would set me up with a pain management specialist...no further need for action." Really? I went to another doctor 2 weeks later in so much pain, I was scarcely able to move. I learned 2 weeks later, after a Myelogram that I have Spinal Stenosis, a ruptured disc, a bone spur, and a few other new vocabulary terms that currently escape me. The only way out of this IS surgery. I have already been doing physical therapy, the shots, TENS unit, water therapy, etc. Mind you, this doctor never saw me nor did he give me reasons behind his rational. Just, "You are not a surgery candidate.", which was shared with me via an email and not from him. What did he base this on? Old scans. The Myelogram had not yet been performed. How does 1 make a judgement w/o first examining the pt? Recent pics? Anything? I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Very Knowledgeable and thorough.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

Dr. John K. Stokes's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1995)

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=950028'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.1

March 22, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=950028'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.2

February 6, 2014