Ratings for Dr. Marc Sherkin

I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Interstitial Fibrosis late 2010. Dr. Sherkin was excellent both in treating and reassuring me that he was going to do what ever possible to help. On his insistence I was placed on the lung transplant list and in 2012 I received a single lung transplant. Now 6 years later I am alive and breathing. If not for Dr. Sherkin’s insistence with TGH to get me on the list I would not be here today. To the person who thinks that these good comments are from close friends. I was a patient and Dr. Sherkin along with the great staff of TGH saved my life.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

Referred to Dr Sherkin by my GP. Dr S explained everything in great detail and answered all questions thoroughly. I've followed his recommendations and have had great results. Friendly and easy to talk to. Truly an expert in his field .

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

What a nice man. I would take a bullet for him. Nicole is the best I've ever seen in any medical practice, and I've seen quite a few. Consider yourself lucky if you're referred to this doctor. To the negative comments below, I say, the problem must be you. He knows more than Stanford and Emory combined. Signed, Narc O. Leptic

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr Sherkin is both of my parents doctor and he is excellent. He really cares about his patients. His office administrator is fabulous( Nicole not the previous ones)

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Dr. Sherkin's new assistant, Nicole, should get 5 stars. Any low ratings you may see here on "Staff" do not refer to her, as she recently joined. Best office help I ever saw. The other staff (S and P) are no longer there. Now, your calls will get returned and Nicole stays on top of everything. By law they are required to report that kind of thing to the Ministry. Sounds like the person below doesn't know that CPAP equipment is very expensive. If you don't buy it and go untreated, and don't improve, they have to report it by law. You're not forced to buy the expensive stuff or go with any supplier. To the other poster, you're confusing the doctor's practice with the hospital who runs the sleep clinic in that building vs. an American doctor (Dr. Appleton) who runs a private clinic that was recently built to US luxury standards.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I tend to think that all the five stars that are attributed to Dr. Sherkin were not patients, but those close to the doctor who wanted to compensate for all the negative comments about him. His sleep study is NOT thorough. His letter to my doctor was disgraceful. The hospital harassed me to go see him, but I have heard from other patients of his that he is rude and not very people friendly. He also breaches confidentiality by sending salespersons to his patients to purchase expensive equipment for Sleep Apnea and if you refuse to buy this equipment, they threaten to inform the Ministry of Transportation that you should not have your driver's licence. Not very impressed with this doctor, who should be reported to the College of Physicians and Surgeons who should look into the breaches in confidentiality and whether or not he gets a kickback from the salesperson sent to harass you in buying their stupid machines.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

Fantastic doctor...but bunion person has him confused with someone else as he doesn't do feet!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

went to see this doctor when he worked for Appleton clinic it was a state of the art facility 5 star all the way. He no longer works there and it's to bad. Due to this I won't be seeing him further as he WONT refer there . Sorry Dr Sherkin I won't be staying in the dump younrefer to now you should have never left appletons were you have a 5 star experience breakfast tv and clean state of the art showers.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

One of the best! Too bad hospital emergencies mess up schedule sometimes...but he puts in extra time to catch up. Too bad we don't give doctors time to relax and de-stress

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Not very good experience. staff has no coordination. One make appointment, other say opposite. We had 3 visits, could not meet Dr Sherkin last 2 visits. Both appointments were not honoured. They gave written appointment, but there was no Dr. today. Did not call to tell patient about change in appointment.Do not pick phone calls, does not return voice message. 83 yr mother has to return without seeing Dr. Now telling come on Friday. How can we trust 3rd time. Horrible, no respect for Seniors. Eating public money by not providing service. Going to file official complaint.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014