Ratings for Dr. Marc Sherkin

Fantastic doctor...but bunion person has him confused with someone else as he doesn't do feet!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

went to see this doctor when he worked for Appleton clinic it was a state of the art facility 5 star all the way. He no longer works there and it's to bad. Due to this I won't be seeing him further as he WONT refer there . Sorry Dr Sherkin I won't be staying in the dump younrefer to now you should have never left appletons were you have a 5 star experience breakfast tv and clean state of the art showers.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

One of the best! Too bad hospital emergencies mess up schedule sometimes...but he puts in extra time to catch up. Too bad we don't give doctors time to relax and de-stress

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Not very good experience. staff has no coordination. One make appointment, other say opposite. We had 3 visits, could not meet Dr Sherkin last 2 visits. Both appointments were not honoured. They gave written appointment, but there was no Dr. today. Did not call to tell patient about change in appointment.Do not pick phone calls, does not return voice message. 83 yr mother has to return without seeing Dr. Now telling come on Friday. How can we trust 3rd time. Horrible, no respect for Seniors. Eating public money by not providing service. Going to file official complaint.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

This Doctor is to the point, tells you what you NEED to hear for your benefit. He really cares about his patients and is very passionate. He also takes the time to ensure that you understand what is going on with your foot and uses analogies that are very easy to understand. He genuinely cares and makes you feel welcomed. He will follow up and ensure YOU are happy. He has confidence in what he does which made me feel reassured I will be taken care of.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

One of the nicest people I have ever met, Doctor or otherwise. He was kind and had a sense of humour. Unlike a lot of Doctors Dr. Sherkin really seems to like people. Dr. Sherkin is a person that you would like to have a coffee with because he seems to be a very interesting person. His depth of knowledge was detailed but explained in terms that a layperson could understand. Dr. Sherkin was the the thrid Doctor I have seen for my sleep apenea, but the first to clearly explain the overall impact that this condition has on your general quality of life. I would highly recommend him to anybody. In addition to his good bedside manner his sleep tech was very good and kind.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2013

Dr. Sherkin is one of the most careing and knowledgeable physicians I have known. He takes the time needed to properly examine and diagnose a patient's concerns. He goes out of his way to help people and has a stellar reputation amongst his peers and patients alike. He is not a chiropodist and does not do bunion surgeries so the comment previosuly made should be removed from his ratings

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

I'm Not sure the bunion patient on this list has the correct physician, I never met a pulmonoligist that takes off bunions. The doc was compassionate and a great listener when my husband and I saw him yesterday in Northern Ontario. He did not poo poo my husbands symptoms, he adjusted the meds for sleep, and basically provided excellent patient care , after a long year of us arguing with the family doctor for adequate RLS meds. There is hope!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Dr. Sherkin performed a bunion removal surgery on my foot. As the result of his handiwork, I acquired a serious infection that left me hospitalized for 3 weeks. Dr. Sherkin ignored the pain that I experienced after the surgery, did not prescribe any antibiotics for me, and was absolutely devoid of compassion. I simply wanted a bunion removed, consequently, I nearly had my whole foot amputated. Dr. Sherkin is currently under investigation by the Canadian Association of Chiropodists. If anyone else has had a health crises as a result of Dr. Sherkin's surgery, I would encourage you to file a formal complaint with the Canadian Association of Chiropodists.

Submitted September 7, 2013

I AM VERY PLEASED WITH DR. SHERKIN, KIND, VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND UNDERSTANDING TO MY NEEDS. HIS OFFICE STAFF NEEDS SOME UPDATING AS TO HOW TO TREAT(RETURN CALLS) I WOULD RECOMMEND DR. SHERKIN TO ANYONE HOWEVER BECAUSE OF HIS OFFICE STAFF I WOULD HAVE TO WARN ANYONE.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013