Ratings for Dr. Michael Ford

I waited a long time to see Dr Ford. He studied my test and made me redo s couple. He also had all my previous test sent to him. He did a very detailed interview with me. Asked about everything! He is a amazingly informed scientist. He gets to the core of the problem. I have had 2 prior surgeries on my back and all were amazing Drs who did their best. I did allot of research however and came to the conclusion that Dr Ford is a very skilled and sought after surgeon. The cases he takes on are the ones other surgeons wash their hands of!! Thank Gid for his talented hands

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Dr. FORD has operated on my back 3 times. Without him I do not think that I would've been able to walk these past 10 years. He is friendly and professional man with amazing skill. Thank God for him!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Not only his Dr. Ford a brilliant surgeon, he is also a wonderful person with a very compassionate bedside manner. I count myself extremely lucky to have been under the care of Dr. Ford.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

5 yrs ago Dr Michael Ford performed a mini discectomy for a herniated disc at L5 that " ran into problems " according to his post- op explanation . The surgery took 3 times the time amounted he had predicted . He did not see me after surgery or before my discharge the next morning . I was not given any post - op instructions although I asked then and again when I went for post - op check- ups . I left the hospital in pain and live in chronic pain to this day and can not sit for more than 15- 30 mins without pain . I depend on Opoids to be able to function . Most of my interests are now impossible ,; I had to give up golf , gardening , skiing , dining out , going to the theatre and plays , belonging to any organizations where people sit . I can walk but cannot sit so even have to travel lying down . This has irrevocably changed the life of my spouse and myself . I have seen other specialists who cannot undo the damage . He was cold and displayed a total lack of compassion when I repeatedly returned in pain . 3 mons post - op he dismissed me with a referral to a pain clinic and a repeat prescription for Oxycodone .

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Dr. Ford removed a cyst from my spine that was pressing on certain nerves and causing untold pain. Dr. Ford took me from a situation of intense pain and much despair to complete recovery. A wonderful doctor and a great outcome Thank You

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I can't believe that this doctor from a reputed Hospital works for the insurance company. I was in a car accident and off work for two years as (I suffered a whiplash) and he tried to tell me that my spine injuries were not due to the accident and it was purely age related. Give me a break!! are you kidding me?? He then said that I didn't have to do anything after the accident and the pain would have gone away in one year. What a joke!!.....I can't believe that Sunnybrook has such terrible doctors.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

This doctor if you can even call him that, is a complete shill for the insurance company and nothing else. He does not look over MRI's he does not really care what I was telling him and was extremely rude throughout the entire appointment. I was really surprised by his lack of compassion and arrogance.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

Terrible bedside manner. And he works for insurance companies. He will lie about the extent of your injury, drawing major conclusions without only minor observation. He makes victims appear to be the party in the wrong as if their injury & pain is their fault or only in their mind.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Terrible experience. Promised miracles. Couldn't walk or stand for more than a few seconds. Had decompression surgery. Said I would wake up feeling great with no pain. Woke up in excruciating pain and hospital was not able to control it. Contradicted other specialist diagnosis despite definative tests. Suposed to be an outpatient procedure but spent 3 weeks in hospital including 2 weeks in cardiac care for heart complications caused by nerve damage. Was yelled at by Dr. Ford due to his frustration over my results and blamed me. 3 years later and still using wheelchair with back pain worse than ever, not to mention nerve issues and lost sensation below the waist. I was a piece of meat for his students to practice cutting on and that's about it.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Bad bedside manner - I was in the hospital about two months and saw him once. Did not prep the anesthesiologist that there were special needs. And did not ensure post-op care was stringent. He left everything to student doctors and post-op staff. I got lost in the shuffle and almost died. His lack of attention to me has ruined the rest of my life. In speaking with another doctor recently, he explained that my situation requires attentive pre and post care, and Mike Ford simply didn't do this. I almost died because of pre-op complications that caused post-op complications for two months. There was very little physical therapy. I was even put into a two week hospital induced coma because of pneumonia. Seriously a coma for Pneumonia?? I almost died during that coma because I was heavily medicated and it was causing heart problems. I woke from the coma and barely had physical therapy afterwards. And now after 5 years I can barely walk and have serious sciatic/piriformis pain which is a sign the surgery wasn't effective. I still feel this is a lawsuit and not sure what to do.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016