Ratings for Dr. Lane F. Smith

My experience with Dr. Smith was wonderful! From the initial consultation to the follow up appts, he really makes you feel comfortable and explains everything in details. Dr. Smith puts you at ease and is very passionate about his work. He truly cares about his patients and the results we are looking for. I had a breast augmentation 2 months ago and had a hematoma which resulted in a 2nd surgery. Dr. Smith was on vacation and flew back home on a Saturday for my procedure. I am truly thankful for this and the experience that he has. Dr. Crawley is also an amazing anesthesiologist. He makes you feel comfortable the moment you speak with him prior to surgery. Couldn't have asked for a better surgeon and I love my results!!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

My experience was very negative and similiar to the other negative comments listed for Dr. Smith. Long wait times aren't great, but he ruined my nose. I came in to have a small bump removed (which is still there a little) and now I have a much larger and worse bump above my initial one. When is expressed my concern about my nose during one follow up exams he actually told me not to look in the mirror so much, like that would fix his mistakes. He was willing to fix my nose, just so long as I gave him more money. I am so sad, so upset, and feel so taken advantage of. I hate going out into public right now. I gave Dr. Smith thousands of dollars and now I have to save up thousands more to have another surgeon fix his mistakes. I would never go back to Dr. Smith.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I came to The Plastic Surgery Institute of Las Vegas seeking a whole new body image. I am so happy that I did! I can’t thank them enough for what they did for me. I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking to improve their body issues. Suddenly a divorced mother of two boys, my life had spiraled into a whole unexpected direction at 46 years old: I was single and lonely so ready to date. The dating pool at my age was limited at best…many guys of comparable age were not going to be interested in me because they could just as easily get younger women, many with perfect bodies, unlike my own. However I knew I was pretty, when clothed that is. I’m 5’10”, a size 4, with long dark hair and blue eyes. But I had terrible anxiety about being intimate with anyone, because when I undressed, I hated my body because of the horrible disfiguring C-section scar I had…In their haste to save my life after an emergency C-section because of eclampsia seizures, a doctor sewed the muscles back not matching them up. This created a horrible shelf on my belly. The skin was stretched from the baby, so it hung over the scar like a skin and fat scarf. I thought my ugly body naked body would turn off any suitors permanently. The staff at The Plastic Surgery Institute of Las Vegas was friendly and courteous. My first consultation with Dr. Lane Smith was very comfortable as he is not only knowledgeable but also personable, his manner quite gentle. He explained that he could make my tummy flat once again with a full tummy tuck, returning my body to a more youthful appearance. In the end, I also choose to have flank liposuction and fat transfer to the butt. I was nervous the day of the surgery but the staff reassured me all would be well, Dr. Smith was one of the best surgeons around. The surgery went smoothly. The next day I returned for a checkup and to get my bandages taken off. The minute I saw my new improved body I cried tears of joy. Seriously, it was beautiful already, even with a new scar and stitches. I had a smooth belly again…free of stretch marks, skin folds, and fat. My butt was still bruised, naturally, but rounded and full once more. I felt I had my 20 year old body back, despite the new scar. The scar was so low on the bikini line I would be able to hide it under a bikini. In time, with proper care, Dr. Smith assured me the scar would most likely be hardly visible after two years too. I am so grateful to Dr. Smith and what he did for me. It has changed my life for the better. I will no longer hide my body under clothes, no longer feel unattractive in the bedroom…I am a new person again, even at my age, ready to conquer…well…anything!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

My experience with Dr. Smith and his staff was phenomenal from beginning to end and his services have made huge positive changes in my life! Dr. Smith's reputation as one of the top plastic surgeons in the country is not exaggerated. From start to finish, his caring, compassionate approach put me at ease. His willingness to take time and patiently listen made me feel cared for and understood. With his skill and attention to detail, I couldn't imagine going to or recommending any other plastic surgeon than Dr. Smith!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

My experience with plastic surgery at this office was amazing. I wanted to get a tummy tuck and dr. Smith explained everything to me in great detail. From the minute I walked in there I felt very comfortable and at complete ease with my decision. This is the best choice I could have made. My results look amazing, better than I could have imagined. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful! The anesthesiologist is wonderful also! Made me feel totally at ease in the operating suite. I would highly recommend smith surgery.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I really liked Dr Smith. He was courteous, professional, and very competent. He did an excellent consult and offered several options for getting rid of my belly. I did not feel pushed or rushed. I got a mini tummy tuck with liposuction and am thrilled with the results. I did have to have a minor revision but that was because I wanted more taken off after the swelling went down. He did this free of charge. I felt very comfortable having surgery in his surgery suite. The anesthesiologist that works with him was great and I had very good post op nursing care. I liked his staff. Everyone has always been very professional and friendly to me. He is extremely busy with patients so you might have to wait for him but this is very common in any Drs office and I think a wait to see a greAt plastic surgeon is worth it. I would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I got my breast done here and i had an amazing experience. The staff was very helpful and Dr. Smith made me feel so comfortable with everything. After having such a great experience here i would definitely recommend this office to anyone looking to do cosmetic surgery. They also have a spa side that i recommend to check out. Love this place and all the staff. *****

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I had my breast lift with implants done with Dr Smith on April 23. I chose him because he listened to all my wants and needs. He explained everything to me. The day of surgery Shannon and Desiree took me in to get me ready, they were great. I was a little nervous but they made me feel very comfortable. Dr Smith came in afterwards, told me he'd take good care of me and gave me a hug. That made me feel like he truly cared about me. The entire staff has been wonderful, their positive energies and attitudes make you feel better during recovery. He is by far the best doctor and I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking into cosmetic surgery.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

I love Dr. Smith and my mommy makeover results. He gave me the confidence back I lost after having two children. From the consultation to the follow-up appointments, I always felt like Dr. Smith cared as much about my surgery as I did. Today, I look and feel better about myself than I did in my 20s. Before my consult, I researched Dr. Smith. His before and after gallery gave me a glimpse of the results I could expect. My results are actually better than I expected! Thank you so much! I also love how there is a medical spa at his office. I get to visit it for my Botox and visit with the staff that took care of my during my recovery! I feel like family!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

I had a breast lift/augmentation in September 2014. Going in I had so many questions and concerns about getting plastic surgery. During my consultation with Dr. Smith I didn't get to ask one of my questions. He answered every single one without me saying a word! My entire experience from consult to seven months post-op has been amazing. My results are above and beyond what I ever expected them to be! I did and would again trust Dr. Smith with my life. He is the best of the best. I am so thankful to Desiree and Shannon for my post-op care. I am a worrier and they eased my nerves like pros!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Dr. Lane F. Smith's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I am the oldest child of a large family of 10 children. My father was a physician, who specialized in Psychiatry. He worked very hard to support our large family, but he loved his work. He truly cared about his patients and I can remember people stopping him in stores or other places, thanking him for his good work. I believe that because of my father, I wanted to become a physician from a very early age. I cannot remember wanting to be anything else but a doctor. As the oldest child in a large family, I developed a sense of responsibility. From this, I also developed a very good work ethic that has served me well throughout my life. In school, I excelled in sports and did equally well in the academic arena. Being focused on my goal to become a physician, I graduated early from high school and finished college at age 18. At that point, I embarked on a service mission for my church. After finishing that service, I entered the University of Utah medical school as the youngest in my class at age 20. I was fortunate to graduate as one of the top in my medical school and was awarded membership in the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. This awarded membership is the highest academic honor given to medical students. During medical school, I developed a love for surgery. It seemed that all the toughest problems were referred to the surgeons and that they made amazing changes in people’s lives. Surgery also required a bit of athleticism and hand eye coordination, which blended well with my history as an athlete in high school and college. Initially, I was attracted to Ear, Nose, Throat-head and Neck Surgery as a surgical specialty. I traveled to one of the best schools for this specialty, at the time, the University of Texas Medical Branch located in Galveston. I also received the highest score in the nation on the federal licensure exam -- one of two national exams all medical students must pass to become a physician. I enjoyed living on the gulf coast and having warmer winters, which eventually was one of the reasons I chose to practice in Las Vegas. As part of my surgical training in Texas, I was first exposed to facial plastic surgery. I quickly developed a love for this type of surgery. It was both artistic, challenging, and changed lives. I also took an interest in organized medicine at that time and was elected president of the Texas Medical Association-Resident Physician Section. I sat on the Texas Council of Medical Education. I helped craft policy and legislation as it pertained to health care. I was also elected president of the Housestaff at my hospital and was given many honors and awards during my training. I have since continued my service in various medical organizations. I served as secretary of the Rocky Mountain Plastic Surgery Society, and President of the Las Vegas Plastic Surgery Society, which I helped form.After finishing my residency in Texas, I was accepted to a Facial Plastic Fellowship at Stanford University. Living in the Palo Alto area near San Francisco was one of the best experiences of my life. It was a beautiful place to live and I immensely enjoyed my training and work. During my time there, I was also fortunate to serve as an assistant professor in the Department of Surgery. At the end of this fellowship, I was awarded the Jack Anderson Award by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery. This was my second time to achieve the highest score on a national exam. After finishing my training at Stanford, I practiced for a short time in Utah near my hometown. During this time, I completed my first medical mission to Zimbabwe. Since then, I have had the opportunity to serve other medical missions in other parts of the world on a regular basis. It is important as physicians and human beings that we continue to give back to the community. Desire to become more specialized in Plastic Surgery, I left my busy practice in Utah and went to the world-famous Mayo Clinic to do a fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. There I was fortunate to work with some of the great pioneers of plastic and reconstructive surgery, including some of the pioneers in reconstructive breast surgery. My training there has helped me deal with some of the more difficult problems that present in the field of plastic surgery. While at the Mayo clinic in 2001, I was given the award for the best research paper on Aesthetic Surgery for the resident physician section by the American Plastic Surgery Society. Upon finishing my training, I decided to enter practice in the Las Vegas area. I liked the warmer winters here and it was a growing city with many opportunities. I have enjoyed living in the Vegas area and have met many wonderful friends here. There is always something interesting or exciting going on in Vegas as it is the crossroads for the United States. I have cared for celebrities and patients from aboard. During my many years of training, I had the opportunity to live in all parts of the country and to train at some of the finest medical institutions in the world. This training and experience has helped shape my philosophy regarding medicine, as well as plastic surgery specifically. Plastic surgery is a combination of science and art. I feel I have been blessed to have a very artistic sense. I treat every surgery as if it is a work of art, something that I want to be proud of when it is finished. It is my philosophy to treat each patient as if they were personal friends and to use cutting edge technology combined with old-fashioned values. Nothing takes the place of caring and concern. Our attempt is to treat others in a manner that we would want ourselves or our family members to be treated.

• German
  • English

• Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Grad. 2001)
  • Stanford University (Grad. 1994)
  • University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston (Grad. 1993)
  • University of Utah (Grad. 1988)

• Alpha Omega Alpha
  • Highest score in the United States, Federal Licensure Exam Part I, 1989
  • National Board of Medical Examiners 99th percentile 1989
  • Second Place National Student Research Forum, Intern/Resident Division 1991
  • Annual Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery In-service. Examination Scores 99% all four years.
  • First Place University of Texas Medical Branch Resident Research Award 1991
  • Second Place Texas Otolaryngology Section 1992 for paper on functional endoscopic sinus surgery.
  • First place Southern Medical Association Otolaryngology Section 1992 for paper on intetelligibility of tracheoesophageal speech.
  • 1994 Recipient of Jack Anderson Award for Scholastic Excellence given by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. (Given to the most outstanding fellow in Facial Plastic Surgery training in the United States)
  • Annual Plastic Surgery In-service Exam 99th percentile both years Plastic Surgery Senior Residents Conference: Best Aesthetic Paper Award, 2001
  • Best overall Scientific Paper and Presentation: Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery on the Multiply Operated Nose, Combined California-Rocky Mountain Plastic Surgery Society Meeting June 2008
  • 2008 Best Scholarly Manuscript

• Pediatric Cochlear Implantation in Ossified Cochleas. National Student Research forum: January 1991
  • Pediatric Cochlear Implantation in Ossified Cochleas. Poster presentation, AAO-HNS Annual Meeting: September 1992
  • Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery in 200 Patients. Poster presentation, AAO-HNS Annual Meeting: September 1992
  • Thyroglossal Duct Cyst Carcinoma. Poster presentation, AAO-HNS Annual Meeting, Otolaryngology Section: September 1992
  • Intelligibilty of Trachiosophageal Speech. Baylor Phonosurgery Course: October 1992
  • Intelligibility, Subjective and Acoustical Analysis of Traciosophageal Speech. Southern Medical Association Annual Meeting, Otolaryngology Section: November 1992
  • Pseudoepitheliomatous Hyperplasia Mistaken for Cancer after Mohs surgery.
  • Sixth international Symposium of Facial Plastic Surgery: June 1993 Early experience with a New Procedure for Improvement of the Ptotic Melolabial Fold. Sixth International Symposium of Facial Plastic Surgery: June 1993
  • Pediatric Salivary Gland Disease. 20th Annual What’s New In Otolaryngology; Pediatric Update:June 21st, 1993
  • Course Director, Endoscopic Forehead and Facelift Symposium. Stanford University: December 1993
  • The Transphenodial approach for removal of petrous apex cholesteatomas. Poster Presentation
  • American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, San Diego 1994
  • The Deep Plane Facelift. 21st Annual Stanford Alumni Course: Stanford University: June 1994
  • A Comparison between the Deep Plane Facelift and Traditional SMAS Dissection Meloplasty.
  • American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Annual Meeting: September 1994
  • Indications, Complications and Technique of Subperiostial Facelifting, Annual Cosmetic Surgery Symposium, Newport Beach, California: August 2002
  • Indications and Complications of Turbinate Surgery in 250 consecutive Patients.
  • Plastic Surgery Senior Residents Conference: April 2001
  • Evolution, Theory and Technique of Facelift Surgery; Achieving Natural Results Winter Facial Plastic Surgery Symposium, Squaw Valley, Nevada 2005
  • Combining Facial and Body Surgery: Tips Pearls and Safety guidelines, Winter Facial Plastic Surgery Symposium, Squaw Valley, Nevada 2005
  • Evolution and Technique for Midfacelifting, Galveston Texas, June 2005
  • Bariatric Surgery; Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Scottsdale Arizona, January 2007
  • Post Bariatric Surgery: Pearls and Pitfalls, Annual Rocky Mountain plastic Surgery Society Meeting, February 2007
  • Lip Augmentation, Pearls and Pitfalls: 21st Century Annual Cosmetic Surgery Symposium, Newport Beach Califonia, August 2007
  • Revision Rhinoplasty on the Difficult Nose: 21st Annual Cosmetic Surgery Symposium, Newport Beach California, August 2007
  • Rhinoplasty on the multiply operated Nose: Combined California-Rocky Mountain Plastic SurgerySociety Annual Meeting. Dana Point California, June 2008.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Smith was wonderful! From the initial consultation to the follow up appts, he really makes you feel comfortable and explains everything i..."

August 4, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "My experience was very negative and similiar to the other negative comments listed for Dr. Smith. Long wait times aren't great, but he ruined my nose. I came ..."

July 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I came to The Plastic Surgery Institute of Las Vegas seeking a whole new body image. I am so happy that I did! I can’t thank them enough for what they did for m..."

July 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Smith and his staff was phenomenal from beginning to end and his services have made huge positive changes in my life! Dr. Smith's reputat..."

July 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with plastic surgery at this office was amazing. I wanted to get a tummy tuck and dr. Smith explained everything to me in great detail. From the m..."

July 15, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I really liked Dr Smith. He was courteous, professional, and very competent. He did an excellent consult and offered several options for getting rid of my belly..."

July 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I got my breast done here and i had an amazing experience. The staff was very helpful and Dr. Smith made me feel so comfortable with everything. After having su..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my breast lift with implants done with Dr Smith on April 23. I chose him because he listened to all my wants and needs. He explained everything to me. T..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr. Smith and my mommy makeover results. He gave me the confidence back I lost after having two children. From the consultation to the follow-up appointm..."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a breast lift/augmentation in September 2014. Going in I had so many questions and concerns about getting plastic surgery. During my consultation with Dr...."

May 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went in for a consultation for Rhinoplasty. The wait was not long. I then met with Dr. Smith, he was very nice and understanding. He took the time to sit, tal..."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have always wanted liposuction and i was that I would be a great candidate for cool sculpting. I met with the staff at Chic La Vie, Dr Smith's medical spa and..."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "He was very rude, hostile and, quite frankly, cruel to me at my 3-month post-op. Long wait times add to my negative feelings about this place. "

May 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor killed my mother Josie M. Ledbetter by not taking the time to do her operations in different increments . Doing so many procedures on her at once w..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have to say that without any reservation at all I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Lane Smith to make your plastic surgery dreams come true. I am not the kind of person ..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "My friend had a breast implants and a lift and almost lost one of her nipples. Not good, he just put her on months of antibiotics, the after care was terrible...."

March 30, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I had a beneli lift done with Dr. Lane Smith and he cut too much skin off my right breast which caused my nipple to loose circulation. After surgery my nipple w..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "The staff in Dr. Smith's office is very rude to his patience. I'm sorry that I recommended this office. Once they take your money, they treated you like you ar..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw several doctors in Las Vegas and even started considering California before seeing Dr. Smith. I was blown away with Dr. Smith's concepts and understanding..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My wife and I came in from Vancouver, Canada for a consultation.....she for her first breast augmentation and myself for the new less evasive hair restoration c..."

December 13, 2014
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "The first appointment I made with Dr. Smith I waited in the waiting room just to be seen for over two hours, I had other appointments that day that I had to pus..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Smith and his team are amazing! I flew in from Canada to have a breast augmentation procedure and everything from my first email until now (I'm only 5 days ..."

November 23, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had breast augmentation with Dr. Lane Smith and I couldn't be happier! I was and am 100% confident in Dr. Smith. He is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and p..."

October 13, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Lane" to "Lane F."

October 7, 2013