Ratings for Dr. Lane F. Smith

I had a mommy make over in 2012 and am still disappointed in my results. One breast is larger than the other and my belly button and tummy scar are horrible. I'm tempted to get tattoos just to cover up the scars, then maybe I could wear a bikini. I've been told that there is nothing that can be done to fix my problem. Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

There is no doubt Dr. Smith is the best Plastic Surgeon in Las Vegas. He listens to what you are looking for and cares about the results for each patient. I received a Brazillian Butt Lift and an Abdominoplasty March 2016. The day of my consultation, Dr. Smith provided clear step-by-step examples and even drawings of everything I needed to know and answered every question I had. I never felt rushed or uncomfortable in anyway. The day of my surgery, the anesthesiologist Dr. Crowley and the nurse Constance were so sweet and caring and I knew I was in great hands. After my surgery, nurse Constance took such good care of me the entire night. Coming out of that type of surgical procedure can be scary, but she stood by my side, comforting me throughout the night. I am extremely pleased with my results and I thank Dr. Smith and his amazing staff for making this such a wonderful experience. This practice is the one you are looking for if you want to be in the hands of a truly qualified surgeon in Las Vegas.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

Dr. Smith and his staff are by far the best. He did my breast augmentation two years ago and also my rhinoplasty and i could not be happier. I highly recommend at LEAST consulting with him if you're interested in cosmetic surgery!:)

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

I recently had a breast augmentation done by dr.smith he is not just an artist he is amazing he is very thorough in his explaining what he needs to do has great bed side manor and is very reasonably priced esp for what he does , I had my breasts done a year ago by another dr , here in Las Vegas who pretty much messed up my breasts they were in bad shape Un even and too big and just was a horrible job , when I went to dr . Smith I knew he was a good surgeon and heard only good things abt him but he completely exceeded my expectations he not only made me feel very confident that he knew what he was doin he gave me every detail and option available on what he cld do to fix my chest for me , he did the most absoltely amazing job they are now perfect look so amazing I didn't even know he cld do what he did to my chest from where they were at at that time whoever is Lookin for surgeon in vegas u must see him he is amazing and def knows what he is doing he has blown my mind and I can't say enough how happy I am , his Anastasiologist is very nice very thorough and took very good care of me and made me feel so comfortable be4 I went in for surgery and took good care of me and the girls in his office are so sweet so professional and took really good care of me and were there for anything I needed , plZ give him a call for any services u may need this dr. Is beyond amazing I am so impressed and wld go back to him for anything else I ever wanted done without a doubt , Angela L.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

My experience with Dr. Smith was wonderful! From the initial consultation to the follow up appts, he really makes you feel comfortable and explains everything in details. Dr. Smith puts you at ease and is very passionate about his work. He truly cares about his patients and the results we are looking for. I had a breast augmentation 2 months ago and had a hematoma which resulted in a 2nd surgery. Dr. Smith was on vacation and flew back home on a Saturday for my procedure. I am truly thankful for this and the experience that he has. Dr. Crawley is also an amazing anesthesiologist. He makes you feel comfortable the moment you speak with him prior to surgery. Couldn't have asked for a better surgeon and I love my results!!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

My experience was very negative and similiar to the other negative comments listed for Dr. Smith. Long wait times aren't great, but he ruined my nose. I came in to have a small bump removed (which is still there a little) and now I have a much larger and worse bump above my initial one. When is expressed my concern about my nose during one follow up exams he actually told me not to look in the mirror so much, like that would fix his mistakes. He was willing to fix my nose, just so long as I gave him more money. I am so sad, so upset, and feel so taken advantage of. I hate going out into public right now. I gave Dr. Smith thousands of dollars and now I have to save up thousands more to have another surgeon fix his mistakes. I would never go back to Dr. Smith.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I came to The Plastic Surgery Institute of Las Vegas seeking a whole new body image. I am so happy that I did! I can’t thank them enough for what they did for me. I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking to improve their body issues. Suddenly a divorced mother of two boys, my life had spiraled into a whole unexpected direction at 46 years old: I was single and lonely so ready to date. The dating pool at my age was limited at best…many guys of comparable age were not going to be interested in me because they could just as easily get younger women, many with perfect bodies, unlike my own. However I knew I was pretty, when clothed that is. I’m 5’10”, a size 4, with long dark hair and blue eyes. But I had terrible anxiety about being intimate with anyone, because when I undressed, I hated my body because of the horrible disfiguring C-section scar I had…In their haste to save my life after an emergency C-section because of eclampsia seizures, a doctor sewed the muscles back not matching them up. This created a horrible shelf on my belly. The skin was stretched from the baby, so it hung over the scar like a skin and fat scarf. I thought my ugly body naked body would turn off any suitors permanently. The staff at The Plastic Surgery Institute of Las Vegas was friendly and courteous. My first consultation with Dr. Lane Smith was very comfortable as he is not only knowledgeable but also personable, his manner quite gentle. He explained that he could make my tummy flat once again with a full tummy tuck, returning my body to a more youthful appearance. In the end, I also choose to have flank liposuction and fat transfer to the butt. I was nervous the day of the surgery but the staff reassured me all would be well, Dr. Smith was one of the best surgeons around. The surgery went smoothly. The next day I returned for a checkup and to get my bandages taken off. The minute I saw my new improved body I cried tears of joy. Seriously, it was beautiful already, even with a new scar and stitches. I had a smooth belly again…free of stretch marks, skin folds, and fat. My butt was still bruised, naturally, but rounded and full once more. I felt I had my 20 year old body back, despite the new scar. The scar was so low on the bikini line I would be able to hide it under a bikini. In time, with proper care, Dr. Smith assured me the scar would most likely be hardly visible after two years too. I am so grateful to Dr. Smith and what he did for me. It has changed my life for the better. I will no longer hide my body under clothes, no longer feel unattractive in the bedroom…I am a new person again, even at my age, ready to conquer…well…anything!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

My experience with Dr. Smith and his staff was phenomenal from beginning to end and his services have made huge positive changes in my life! Dr. Smith's reputation as one of the top plastic surgeons in the country is not exaggerated. From start to finish, his caring, compassionate approach put me at ease. His willingness to take time and patiently listen made me feel cared for and understood. With his skill and attention to detail, I couldn't imagine going to or recommending any other plastic surgeon than Dr. Smith!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

My experience with plastic surgery at this office was amazing. I wanted to get a tummy tuck and dr. Smith explained everything to me in great detail. From the minute I walked in there I felt very comfortable and at complete ease with my decision. This is the best choice I could have made. My results look amazing, better than I could have imagined. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful! The anesthesiologist is wonderful also! Made me feel totally at ease in the operating suite. I would highly recommend smith surgery.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I really liked Dr Smith. He was courteous, professional, and very competent. He did an excellent consult and offered several options for getting rid of my belly. I did not feel pushed or rushed. I got a mini tummy tuck with liposuction and am thrilled with the results. I did have to have a minor revision but that was because I wanted more taken off after the swelling went down. He did this free of charge. I felt very comfortable having surgery in his surgery suite. The anesthesiologist that works with him was great and I had very good post op nursing care. I liked his staff. Everyone has always been very professional and friendly to me. He is extremely busy with patients so you might have to wait for him but this is very common in any Drs office and I think a wait to see a greAt plastic surgeon is worth it. I would highly recommend him

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Dr. Lane F. Smith's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I am the oldest child of a large family of 10 children. My father was a physician, who specialized in Psychiatry. He worked very hard to support our large family, but he loved his work. He truly cared about his patients and I can remember people stopping him in stores or other places, thanking him for his good work. I believe that because of my father, I wanted to become a physician from a very early age. I cannot remember wanting to be anything else but a doctor. As the oldest child in a large family, I developed a sense of responsibility. From this, I also developed a very good work ethic that has served me well throughout my life. In school, I excelled in sports and did equally well in the academic arena. Being focused on my goal to become a physician, I graduated early from high school and finished college at age 18. At that point, I embarked on a service mission for my church. After finishing that service, I entered the University of Utah medical school as the youngest in my class at age 20. I was fortunate to graduate as one of the top in my medical school and was awarded membership in the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. This awarded membership is the highest academic honor given to medical students. During medical school, I developed a love for surgery. It seemed that all the toughest problems were referred to the surgeons and that they made amazing changes in people’s lives. Surgery also required a bit of athleticism and hand eye coordination, which blended well with my history as an athlete in high school and college. Initially, I was attracted to Ear, Nose, Throat-head and Neck Surgery as a surgical specialty. I traveled to one of the best schools for this specialty, at the time, the University of Texas Medical Branch located in Galveston. I also received the highest score in the nation on the federal licensure exam -- one of two national exams all medical students must pass to become a physician. I enjoyed living on the gulf coast and having warmer winters, which eventually was one of the reasons I chose to practice in Las Vegas. As part of my surgical training in Texas, I was first exposed to facial plastic surgery. I quickly developed a love for this type of surgery. It was both artistic, challenging, and changed lives. I also took an interest in organized medicine at that time and was elected president of the Texas Medical Association-Resident Physician Section. I sat on the Texas Council of Medical Education. I helped craft policy and legislation as it pertained to health care. I was also elected president of the Housestaff at my hospital and was given many honors and awards during my training. I have since continued my service in various medical organizations. I served as secretary of the Rocky Mountain Plastic Surgery Society, and President of the Las Vegas Plastic Surgery Society, which I helped form.After finishing my residency in Texas, I was accepted to a Facial Plastic Fellowship at Stanford University. Living in the Palo Alto area near San Francisco was one of the best experiences of my life. It was a beautiful place to live and I immensely enjoyed my training and work. During my time there, I was also fortunate to serve as an assistant professor in the Department of Surgery. At the end of this fellowship, I was awarded the Jack Anderson Award by the American Board of Facial Plastic Surgery. This was my second time to achieve the highest score on a national exam. After finishing my training at Stanford, I practiced for a short time in Utah near my hometown. During this time, I completed my first medical mission to Zimbabwe. Since then, I have had the opportunity to serve other medical missions in other parts of the world on a regular basis. It is important as physicians and human beings that we continue to give back to the community. Desire to become more specialized in Plastic Surgery, I left my busy practice in Utah and went to the world-famous Mayo Clinic to do a fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. There I was fortunate to work with some of the great pioneers of plastic and reconstructive surgery, including some of the pioneers in reconstructive breast surgery. My training there has helped me deal with some of the more difficult problems that present in the field of plastic surgery. While at the Mayo clinic in 2001, I was given the award for the best research paper on Aesthetic Surgery for the resident physician section by the American Plastic Surgery Society. Upon finishing my training, I decided to enter practice in the Las Vegas area. I liked the warmer winters here and it was a growing city with many opportunities. I have enjoyed living in the Vegas area and have met many wonderful friends here. There is always something interesting or exciting going on in Vegas as it is the crossroads for the United States. I have cared for celebrities and patients from aboard. During my many years of training, I had the opportunity to live in all parts of the country and to train at some of the finest medical institutions in the world. This training and experience has helped shape my philosophy regarding medicine, as well as plastic surgery specifically. Plastic surgery is a combination of science and art. I feel I have been blessed to have a very artistic sense. I treat every surgery as if it is a work of art, something that I want to be proud of when it is finished. It is my philosophy to treat each patient as if they were personal friends and to use cutting edge technology combined with old-fashioned values. Nothing takes the place of caring and concern. Our attempt is to treat others in a manner that we would want ourselves or our family members to be treated.

• English
  • German

• Univ Of Ut Sch Of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 84132 (Grad. 1988)
  • University of Utah (Grad. 1988)
  • University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston (Grad. 1993)
  • Stanford University (Grad. 1994)
  • Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

• Alpha Omega Alpha
  • Highest score in the United States, Federal Licensure Exam Part I, 1989
  • National Board of Medical Examiners 99th percentile 1989
  • Second Place National Student Research Forum, Intern/Resident Division 1991
  • Annual Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery In-service. Examination Scores 99% all four years.
  • First Place University of Texas Medical Branch Resident Research Award 1991
  • Second Place Texas Otolaryngology Section 1992 for paper on functional endoscopic sinus surgery.
  • First place Southern Medical Association Otolaryngology Section 1992 for paper on intetelligibility of tracheoesophageal speech.
  • 1994 Recipient of Jack Anderson Award for Scholastic Excellence given by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. (Given to the most outstanding fellow in Facial Plastic Surgery training in the United States)
  • Annual Plastic Surgery In-service Exam 99th percentile both years Plastic Surgery Senior Residents Conference: Best Aesthetic Paper Award, 2001
  • Best overall Scientific Paper and Presentation: Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery on the Multiply Operated Nose, Combined California-Rocky Mountain Plastic Surgery Society Meeting June 2008
  • 2008 Best Scholarly Manuscript

• Pediatric Cochlear Implantation in Ossified Cochleas. National Student Research forum: January 1991
  • Pediatric Cochlear Implantation in Ossified Cochleas. Poster presentation, AAO-HNS Annual Meeting: September 1992
  • Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery in 200 Patients. Poster presentation, AAO-HNS Annual Meeting: September 1992
  • Thyroglossal Duct Cyst Carcinoma. Poster presentation, AAO-HNS Annual Meeting, Otolaryngology Section: September 1992
  • Intelligibilty of Trachiosophageal Speech. Baylor Phonosurgery Course: October 1992
  • Intelligibility, Subjective and Acoustical Analysis of Traciosophageal Speech. Southern Medical Association Annual Meeting, Otolaryngology Section: November 1992
  • Pseudoepitheliomatous Hyperplasia Mistaken for Cancer after Mohs surgery.
  • Sixth international Symposium of Facial Plastic Surgery: June 1993 Early experience with a New Procedure for Improvement of the Ptotic Melolabial Fold. Sixth International Symposium of Facial Plastic Surgery: June 1993
  • Pediatric Salivary Gland Disease. 20th Annual What’s New In Otolaryngology; Pediatric Update:June 21st, 1993
  • Course Director, Endoscopic Forehead and Facelift Symposium. Stanford University: December 1993
  • The Transphenodial approach for removal of petrous apex cholesteatomas. Poster Presentation
  • American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, San Diego 1994
  • The Deep Plane Facelift. 21st Annual Stanford Alumni Course: Stanford University: June 1994
  • A Comparison between the Deep Plane Facelift and Traditional SMAS Dissection Meloplasty.
  • American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Annual Meeting: September 1994
  • Indications, Complications and Technique of Subperiostial Facelifting, Annual Cosmetic Surgery Symposium, Newport Beach, California: August 2002
  • Indications and Complications of Turbinate Surgery in 250 consecutive Patients.
  • Plastic Surgery Senior Residents Conference: April 2001
  • Evolution, Theory and Technique of Facelift Surgery; Achieving Natural Results Winter Facial Plastic Surgery Symposium, Squaw Valley, Nevada 2005
  • Combining Facial and Body Surgery: Tips Pearls and Safety guidelines, Winter Facial Plastic Surgery Symposium, Squaw Valley, Nevada 2005
  • Evolution and Technique for Midfacelifting, Galveston Texas, June 2005
  • Bariatric Surgery; Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Scottsdale Arizona, January 2007
  • Post Bariatric Surgery: Pearls and Pitfalls, Annual Rocky Mountain plastic Surgery Society Meeting, February 2007
  • Lip Augmentation, Pearls and Pitfalls: 21st Century Annual Cosmetic Surgery Symposium, Newport Beach Califonia, August 2007
  • Revision Rhinoplasty on the Difficult Nose: 21st Annual Cosmetic Surgery Symposium, Newport Beach California, August 2007
  • Rhinoplasty on the multiply operated Nose: Combined California-Rocky Mountain Plastic SurgerySociety Annual Meeting. Dana Point California, June 2008.