Ratings for Dr. Richard Thomas

I am very sorry that Dr. Thomas has retired, but I wish him well. He was kind, funny and thoughtful. He didn't rush and took time to answer all my questions and concerns. I hope I will find another dermatologist who will take such care of my skin problems. All the best Dr. Thomas. The daughter of the Welsh Sgt. of the Mounties :)

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Thomas for over 20 years and I have found him to be very up-to-date on new therapies and treatments for my skin conditions. Sorry to see him go but wish him well.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

Dr. Thomas has successfully monitored and treated my skin cancer for many years. He is a favorite and will be missed.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

Was afraid to go to my appointment after reading the reviews here! I found Dr. Thomas to be helpful, preformed procedure as expected and even made a joke. 1 out 10 :::: I would give him a 7 although, not sure what more he could have done to bump up that rating. Maybe new office hires.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I saw Dr. Thomas for a very mild case of ongoing acne, nothing too life disturbing but I was ready to get rid of it. He prescribed Accutane without batting an eye. Because of my height and weight he put me on an extremely high dose of Accutane which I've later learned is very very dangerous. Almost right away I noticed my hair starting to fall out which I brought to his attention but he waved off and told me not to worry. He assured me that as soon as I was off the drug, it would grow back within a few months. As time went on, my hair loss got worse and more noticeable. Nonetheless he assured me he's never seen anyone have permanent hair loss and that it would surely grow back. 5 months into the treatment I had finally had enough and demanded to stop, he again tried to press me on to continue the 6 months recommended cycle and gave little care to how I was feeling. I stopped taking the drug and he decided to prescribe rogaine for my hairloss but again assured me that rogaine would just make it come back quicker and regardless of rogaine use or not, it would come back within weeks. I decide not to trust Dr. Thomas as I didn't want to fight a drug with a drug. Well, here we are 1.5 years post Accutane, my hair is thin as heck and continues to fall out. I'm depressed from it and don't feel like myself at all. Accutane has had deep effects on my life physically and mentally and cannot believe a doctor can prescribe such a powerful drug and push it so hard on someone when they ask to stop. All I can think of is that he must get paid by the manufacturer or something because he had such little regard of my well being other than, "did he fix my acne!?" Congrats Dr. Thomas, you fixed my acne but ruined much much more. This doctor is dangerous.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Pleasant man. Very cursory visit ... not more than 5 min. Waited almost 3 mths for this appointment (adult acne). Had the prescript pad out before I was done explaining. He asked one question ... I wanted to ask a few more, but it was obvious he was done with me. I have some cream and was told to come back in 3 months if I'm not satisfied with the results. If it works, I guess all I needed was the 5 minutes ... but it sure would have been good to feel like I could have had a bit more of his time and expertise.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

Spends very little time with you, cursory exam, instructions too brief, when I asked for clarification, I was made to feel I was taking too much time. I had more questions he didn't want to answer so had to go back another time. Waited a long time in the waiting room. Office staff are COLD! Not happy with him. I tried him once 5 years ago, and my experience was the same!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

Amazing dermatologist. So too bad about the ill mannered, difficult staff.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

I feel he really cared about my well-being even though it was only my first visit. He repeated 3 times in 10 minutes for me to go conservative and not to let anyone cut me or inject me. I did not even ask about these procedures. He was really helpful about providing me with information about a vein clinic. He answered all my questions and was honest and told me he did not know when he did not have the answer to one of the questions. He was personable, approachable and kind.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013