Ratings for Dr. Anna P. Abalos

While out of town attending a wedding 100 miles out of town, my wife experienced an infection requiring antibotics. While most Dr.s would require an office visit to prescribe, she understood the urgency and called the prescription into the pharmacy in San Jose within a few minutes. She went above and beyond and chose treatment over billing for an office visit and we very greatful for her compassion, thank you!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I guess if you don't mind her dog sitting in the exam room with you. Im a huge dog lover, but I was still bothered that they had a dog in there with me and running around in the back. I didn't think it was very sanitary.

Submitted July 8, 2013

I adore Anna Abalos. She has always been very kind and knowledgeable and I have only experienced a caring heart from her. Unfortunately her staff hasn't always given me the same impression (though I get the impression they have been working on it). I nearly left to find a new primary physician due to my experiences with them but have decided to stick with her. I hope it's just the new office and working the kinks out is just a matter of time. Making appt. Is difficult but I have never felt rushed by her during any visits. Perhaps as the practice grows, bringing on a .A or N.P. will help with the patient load.

Submitted May 20, 2013

she added too many new patients. you can't get in to see her if you are really sick. They can't fit you in til 4 days later!

Submitted March 6, 2013

I tried for a long time to "like" Dr. Abalos but in the end her staff, her dog, and her overall casualness towards me has pushed me away. I really hated the fact that her little dog accompanied her into the exam room. I hated the fact that her front office people never followed up with my test results and never faxed or mailed them to me, they made me come in to get them. They really seem to not care about their patients much. I had a follow up xray on my chest and was told to make any appt after I had the xray - I called and the appt I received was for 4 weeks later. Now the follow up was becuase I had a partially collasped lung, seems like a quicker appt would've been appropriate. The straw that broke the camels back as they say was being overcharged - well, charged even, for an Alcohol/Substance Intervention that supposedly lasted 15-30 mins. What happened was that I went in, at their insistence, to refill a prescription and she asked me how often I drank. Really?

Submitted February 4, 2013

I have had none of the rudeness problems or timing issues that have been listed below as issues. I converted to her from my previous dr at ucdavis. Her bedside manner is excellent and I have nothing but positives to say about my families treatments.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

The staff can be rude and uncaring about patients, impatient, and even say goodbye and hang up on you when you haven't even finished speaking or said goodbye yourself. They are not polite or business-like on the phone, or even respectful. I've never dealt with front office behavior like that before. Doctor is seemingly impossible to get a hold of or hear back from.

Submitted August 21, 2012

STAFF is rude over the phone. not helpful and shouldnt make you feel like your bothering them, especially when the ball in their court.

Submitted February 21, 2012

Last experience with her was so bad I reported her to her physician's group AND my insurance company. At her new practice she and her staff are even worse! Staff refused to put her on the phone or give her a phone message. When I tried to make an appt. instead, they had no appts for four weeks! This was for an injury not just a general wellness visit! They treat every patient that has not been to the new practice as a new patient, even if you saw her multiple times at the old practice. What a crock. When I finally called and had an appointment, I was waiting in the exam room so long that I fell asleep. This was after filling out mountains of "new patient" paperwork. When Dr. Abalos came in, she did not remember me at all even though I saw her twice at Dr. Harris' practice. She also claimed Dr. Harris' office did not forward my medical records. She refused to help me and fired ME for being rude to her staff when I called 2 months ago! Why let me make an appt just to fire me?! RUDE.

Submitted June 3, 2011

Dr. Abablos has moved her practice to the Nuggett Shopping center in Rocklin. I have not been able to find new contact information. I also thought she was a very good attentive doctor and will be changing to go to her new office or finding another office to go to instead of Roy Harris MD.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011