You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Robert Straga

I had an implant on my front tooth, the implant is great, very good work. Only comment is I was currently trying to quit smoking and I know obviously that smoking is not good for you so therefore was trying to quit. But I they were always reprimanding me about smoking! I also was only given one regular strength tylenol before the procedure but the procedure itself was good. It was after that there were concerns. I was told that there would be no swelling and I could go to work the next day. The next day my whole face was swollen. I called back and Dr Straga was not available but another dentist phoned in a prescription and told me to put a warm compress on my face. I did not have any issues with this, but they made out to sound abnormal. I can't believe that no one else that has a something drilled into the bone of their mouth never has swelling. They could have mentioned that it normally doesn't happen but it could and if so don't worry this is what you do. Nothing. No one phoned back to see if I was ok after that. They did say I was a very anxious patient, which I agree but at the end of the day for over $2000.00 for a very front tooth implant I don't care. I am paying you, so just do the job and quit giving people a guild complex. Will not go back

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I am the type of patient who needs to understand "everything" before proceeding, and Dr. Straga and his staff were very patient and very thorough in answering all my questions. Now I'm a pro with my second implant - both times it was a piece of cake, with zero pain and no problems. Root canals I've had done in the past are far, far worse. Whenever the subject arises I recommend Dr Straga and have suggested my dentist send his patients there (He had referred me to another periodontist but I never felt comfortable and he seemed impatient with a "newbie") So glad I am with Dr.Straga (and Patty who does my cleanings!)

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

I am a dentist who refers to Dr. Straga. Every patient I have sent him has been very pleased. I went to him myself for a procedure and was, as I expected, very impressed.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

The work that was done was an implant, and tissue graft. He did a great job, and I was eating again in two days. The surgery itself was fast and not painful. Dr straga is personable and friendly. I would recomend him to anyone who has to go through with this expensive and seemingly overwhealming surgery. Thanks for making it so easy :)

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

What an amazing experience i had with Dr. Straga. The front desk always seemed distracted,and because of that were very short with me.When his assistant came out she was very welcoming. She seemed to remember me every time i was there and was able to calm my nerves.Dr. Straga always made time for my questions and explained everything to me in great detail. When it came to my surgery, (I had 2 implants placed with him) he was extremely gentle and apoligized for giving me the needles even though it was the best freezing i had ever had. His assistant asked me a few times during the surgery how i was doing and if i needed a break. The best thing was that after the surgery there was little, if any pain. I would recommend Dr. Straga to anyone of my family or friends.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2010

Dr. Straga is an amazing dentist with great chairside manner. He and his staff took the time to get to know me as a patient. He made me comforable and secure with his treatment plan. He was very gentle with the freezing and during my grafting surgery. I would recommend him to anyone. He really takes the time for you!!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

I don't know what to think about this most excruciating visit? I had the left side of my gums top and bottom cleaned, with the bottom very crowded and needed fillings which I had a treatment plan earlier from a specialist said would work. Dr Straga was working on me alone except for a couple minutes, 1 hr, afterwords I was given a floride treatment, and then a concentrated one, I immediately felt the urge to throw up and barely made it to the washroom, after which I was escorted out by the reception desk and out the door, no Dr to see if I was OK. I drove home very sick and was bed ridden for three days in extreme pain for which the bottom of my mouth was really angry I couldn't eat even getting liquids past the sore gums were difficult Tuesday I had an emergency extraction on the lower front. I lost 7 lbs in 4 days. my last visit to the regular dentist now wants me to go back for the last half and a consultation for keeping the rest of the bottom teeth. What do you think?

flag | Submitted November 24, 2009

Dr. Robert Straga's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I had an implant on my front tooth, the implant is great, very good work. Only comment is I was currently trying to quit smoking and I know obviously that smok..."

March 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have 4 molar implants done by Dr. Strata and am very impressed how it all went . Thanks this great team....I'll be back soon for the next 4 ..."

June 6, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.edmontonperiodontics.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5J 3S9". Address has been updated from "None" to "10665 Jasper Avenue Northwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804286788".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This team is Top Notch! I had 2 molar implants and no pain during or after. I am totally satisfied with the entire job."

November 17, 2014