Ratings for Dr. Michelle A. Rotter

She is truly amazing and the best OGBYN doctor out their. !!!!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

If you are thinking of becoming a new patient to Dr Rotter PLEASE READ I'm sure she was a very competent Doctor at some point she seems to have a very busy practice, but that can get you only so far. As a new GYN patient with heavy periods she recommended an ablation at my followup appointment ok no problem sounded good to me but as we talked more I reminded her that I have a family history of uterine cancer. She continues with oh you can't have an ablation with that history. Back track to first appointment: we discussed my family history extensively. It should be in my chart. So that tells me she never looked at it. My advise is to stop taking new patients you can't handle.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Rotter's office is very poorly managed. The reception staff is rude and very condescending. I have waited more than an hour to see Dr. Rotter on many occasions, and even had heard her leave the building (the walls are thin) 20 minutes before someone came in to tell me that she was gone. Her priority is her OB patients, which makes sense (for ethical and financial reasons) but having her practice 30 miles from the hospital where she delivers her babies is a very poor business choice. She's rarely in the office building! I waited 3 weeks with no call after my last ovarian ultrasound. And 5 days later still have no results from my most recent one. I have called the office twice, been condescended to, put on hold without even a cursory "may I put you on hold", and told that Dr. Rotter hasn't been in the office to review my U/S and she is the only one that can. This is the last straw for me. Paying my $25 for my records and seeking care elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Worst doctor I've ever met. Horrible bedside manner and completely arrogant. Told me I was having a 10+ lb baby and there was "no way you'll ever push out a baby that size ... You couldn't do it last time what makes you think you will this time?" Totally inappropriate and rude. I switched providers at 37 weeks and never looked back. Guess who pushed out their baby just fine??? This girl!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

Dr. Rotter has been my OB for over 5 years, and I have been more than pleased with her care. She is a kind and compassionate clinician who has always taken the time to answer my questions and listen to my concerns. Whenever I've been presented with making a health care decision, she offers me the information in a clear and concise manner and then allows me to choose the path that is right for me. I have always felt supported by Dr. Rotter and I know that she truly cares about me and my well being. It is rare to find a physician who is both a skilled clinician and has a good bedside manner, but Dr. Rotter possesses both qualities and I'd recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Dr. Rotter is a fantastic individual! She's very professional and knowledgeable. I've seen her for the past two years and have been a patient of hers through two pregnancies. I felt well cared for and liked that she took time to answer all of my question. I never felt rushed during appointments. Dr. Rotter cares about her patients and knows them well. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr. Rotter delivered all three of my kids and was amazing for all three of my pregnancies. I saw her for every single one of my appointments and she really took the time to get to know me as a person. I never felt judged for any decisions/choices that made. She truly cares about her patients and never hesitates to go above and beyond.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr. Rotter seems to be a nice person...but not the right doctor for me. She has way too many patients and it shows. Never on time. Doesn't remember very important information regarding her patients and doesn't bother to check the patient charts beforehand. Tends to sugarcoat things and makes promises/guarantees that a doctor shouldn't. Might be the right doctor for some but definitely not for me.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Horrible horrible horrible doctor. Complete disregard for patients... Has her own agenda. If you want to get sliced and diced unnecessarily, go to this doctor. Otherwise, run for the hills.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Office staff has been very good, friendly, and helpful. I haven't waited long for my appointments. Dr. Rotter, however, is very opinionated and arrogant, and quite frankly I feel that she is out of line with her personal "opinions" crossing the line into making decisions for MY body. She refuses to refill my birth control pills when I am 47, as "the likelihood that you will get pregnant is very low." I asked why, and she said that she "doesn't believe in giving extra estrogen to women approaching menopause." Although I have no medical background, this makes no sense to me. Aren't menopausal women generally low in estrogen? Most importantly, I pointed out that I didn't want to get pregnant, and she told me: "You won't. Your ovaries aren't working as well as they did when you were younger." Seriously! I even joked, "Can I hold you responsible if I get pregnant?" And she shrugged and said, "Sure, you can hold me responsible. You won't get pregnant." To a patient the age of 47, a doctor has the ignorance to say "you won't get pregnant"? Extremely irresponsible! "God complex," anyone? I will not be returning for her "care." I need to find a doctor who will explain options to me, give me their opinion, and let me make my own decision based on the information given to me.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Dr. Michelle A. Rotter's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)

HealthPartners