Ratings for Dr. Adel Nakhla

Great Doctor, however his staff leaves alot to be desired. I stood there for 10 mins to allow her to finish her personal conversation, before I was asked how she can help me.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Does not respect his ptie ta time and will keep them waiting for well over an hour even with appointments.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Good doctor but terrible management with no regard to patients waiting time with or without appointment.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I would not recommend A Nakhla to anyone - Waste of time and very poor diagnostics.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Very kind and knowledgable doctor. He was caring and very courteous.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Complaints regarding inappropriate physician behaviour and competence can be reported here http://www.cpso.on.ca/policies-publications/complaints.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

I respect and trust Dr Nakhla as he always listen carefully to my complaint and treat me efficiently everytime..When I need to be referred,he did refer me few times without playing any specialist role despite his great medical knowledge ..He is caring and a humble doctor.He deserve my respect. Thank you

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Terrible doctor. After years of ignoring my mental health issues (anxiety and depression) my parents finally made me go in to ask to be referred to a therapist. Nakhla prescribed me medication and told me that he is more trained than a therapist and asked me to come back to see him every 2 weeks. He is not trained as a therapist and refused to refer me despite me telling him I felt uncomfortable talking about my issues with him and would prefer to speak with a female therapist due to the nature of my issues. When I went in for my "therapy session" I had to wait a few hours despite having an appointment. And during the session, he asked about my sleeping habits and when I told him I had trouble sleeping he immediately prescribed me a sleeping pill. Here's the kicker, my pharmacists saw the prescription and thank god she is familiar with my medical history as the sleeping pill he prescribed is an ANTI-PSYCHOTIC used to treat patient with schizophrenia. AND when taken with the anti-depressants he prescribed me a week ago could trigger severe heart attacks. Thank god my pharmacist decided to double check the list of medications that was lethal if taken in conjunction. I don't want to imagine what would happen if I went to some random pharmacist this time. And when she called his office to inform him of this, he refused to answer the phone and the receptionist would always just tell her to fax the info over. My parents were so upset and confronted him about it and he blamed the pharmacist for not faxing him the information?? I've never been back to see him after that. However, I feel like I should report him somewhere because of this next story. Back about 5 years ago, my sister and I went to see him as we wanted to check to see if we had Polycystic ovaries. We had all the symptoms. He basically laughed in our faces and said it wasn't impossible because we weren't obese and he told us not to self-diagnose. We left it at that. About a week ago, my sister started having severe pains in her tummy that she couldn't ignore. Our new doctor checked her blood and sent her to get an ultrasound. TA-DAH! She had cysts on her ovaries! It was the worst timing and she was going to Cuba soon and she needed to go to the emergency to check if they were in torsion as she would need to her surgery immediately then. If Nakhla had just checked our blood work for it, this could've been avoided so so long ago. I feel like his behaviour should be reported as he his arrogance and lack of medical knowledge has endangered his patients. He definitely is only out to get money from his patients and he does not actually listen or check the symptoms his patients bring to his attention. And he is definitely not a good therapists!!!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

Folks , Dr nakhla is working his usual schedule from his other clinic on Tenth line . I was quite happy to finally get to him after confusion from people at the previous clinic not telling me where he is and his receptionist called me to inform me of his practice. Reach him at 905 858 9393 , Our records are still at Glen gate though. Glad to see him again.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

This doctor vanished into thin air. Closed his practice in Glen Erin and left us all hanging. What happened with our records? No warning, nothing at all.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016