Ratings for Dr. David S. Nieves

When it comes to your skin, Doctor Nieves is the best there is. He currently treats me for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, and through the years me and him may have bumped heads on treatment options. But I will always go back because he knows his stuff better than anyone out there, and he'll explain the treatments with me while answering all of my questions, and even though people say they feel rushed, he genuinely cares that I receive the proper health care. Yes, he gets straight to business, but that's what I'm there for. Anyone whose battling with psoriasis, I highly recommend David Nieves. The only negative, which can be seen as a positive is that if there is another issue you're dealing with, he would recommend a specialist for that particular issue (rheumatologist, gastro, etc.). Even though that could be annoying, I'm glad he's not guessing at things he doesn't specialize in, and makes sure I get the best care.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Nieves since my usual dermatologist was booked a couple months in advance. This turned out to be the worst mistake and a complete waste of time, as I have never felt angry and frustrated leaving the doctor's office. Upon entering the room, he took barely any time to get right to business. He spoke extremely quickly, rushing me, and even standing up and preparing to get out of the room before I was finished asking my questions (I had about five more that I never asked because of my frustration). The only 'skin examination' he ever did was take a quick glance at my face and a one second 'look' at my back. My back was completely covered by my shirt so I have no idea how he was able to determine anything. He immediately told me to take antibiotics for my acne and even when I asked for an alternative, he said that this was the best choice for me without discussing me my other options or why I had to rush into antibiotics. His impatient manner made me feel unwelcome and a bother. The entire time he spent with me was about five minutes, if not less than that! I don't know if he acted this way because I'm only 18, but I am never scheduling an appointment with this doctor again. I would rather wait 3 months for my usual doctor instead of him. The only good that I got out of this visit was that I got my prescriptions, but now reading the other reviews, I am not sure I will take the medications. What a waste of my time.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

LISTEN TO THE REVIEWS ON THIS SITE AND SAVE YOUR MONEY. Literally this guy made me think a 2 year old could have the intellectual capacity to become a doctor. He has NO CLUE what he is talking about, and NO INTEREST in helping his patients. He walked in the room, introduced himself, and went straight into writing me a prescription. I contested and started to tell him about my conditions, to which he gave me answers that made absolutely no sense. First he says my acne could be because of irregular periods. I told him I am regular. Then he says it could be the hormones in meat that i'm eating. I told him I'm a vegetarian. After this back and forth, he said he doesn't have the answer for me. Ultimately, because I had prior knowledge about acne (strictly from WebMD, which is a more reliable source that Dr. Nieves) he was not able to successfully use his mumbo jumbo on me. HE OFFERED ME A REFUND because I suspect he has a hunch of what a terrible doctor he is. Heed this warning - stay away.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

I have been trying to help my sister with a rash Dr. Nieves has been treating her for and said she "may need several course of treatment for". She never does this but since the office did not call her back during business hours, I suggested she speak to him on call. He refused to speak with her, insisting it would be impossible to refill the prescription because he was "nowhere near a pen or paper". He promised to "deal with it in the morning" and call her. The next day, she finally reached his nurse who said she would take care of the issue. Hours later, he refilled a prescription for something that hadn't worked (not what she asked for), never called her back in person, and the office closed at noon on a Friday! Now the office is being un-accomadating about forwarding records to her new physician. Our family has used this practice for 15 years, but we are done. They are only in it for the money and it is very obvious.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

If Dr. David Nieves has any knowledge of what a varying condition acne is, he isn't inclined to show it. He barely spent any time in the examination room with me and didn't ask a single background question. He had no interest in examining my skin or talking about different treatment options with me. Nieves just wrote me two prescriptions, didn't explain them and literally said "See you later" and left. I wish I could give him a negative review. I've been to more dermatologists than I remember and he was by far the worst.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

Never left a doctor's office feeling worse. Terrible bedside manner, and he was in and out in 2 minutes, and tried to get me to unnecessarily schedule another appointment. Clearly just in it to make some money.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2012

It's difficult to get an appointment and when I finally did, my egzima/ rosacea flare up had subsided but I still had itch on back of hands. Dr seriously did not examine me one bit. Just said that I needed to see an allergist and wrote down a name. I told the front desk it didn't make sense that I had to pay a copay when he didn't even examine me or do anything. Spoke to dr who said I still needed to pay. No bedside manner, in and out in 2 minutes.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Rude, poor bed-side manners. I will never visit him again. On the other hand the Staff was great, like the rest in Windsor Dermatology.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

He has horrible bedside manner. He doesn't know what he's talking about. He misdiagnosed a rash I had and told me I got it from a fruit that I never am around and prescribed some crazy medication that the pharmacist told me I should see another dr because the medication was not for what I had. He touched my skin without gloves on and had long dirty fingernails that grossed me out. If I were you I would find a different dermatologist.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

He is rushing to make money....could not answer questions and seemed to diagnose the problem in less than 5 mins. I don't know what I have but I have enough steroids prescribed! I am looking for another dermatologist.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Dr. David S. Nieves's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 2003)

Workers Comp