Ratings for Dr. James C. Thurmond

Dr. Thurmond is a highly skilled and caring professional. My surgery was a complete success and dealing with him before and after surgery was a pleasure. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr Thurmond and his staff were very caring and professional and were also very attentive before and after surgery. I experienced no pain following nerve surgery and would definitely recommend him as a skilled practitioner and surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I had a double spinal fusion in April 2016. 9 months later and I've returned to full function - zero pain - and would HIGHLY recommend this surgeon for others experiencing chronic back pain. I could not be happier with the results and the Dr. himself is simply amazing. He's patient and inquisitive and actually cares how you're progressing.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

A BIG THANK YOU to Dr. Thurmond and to the staff at LNSA !

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Great surgeon! At first I felt he was unfriendly but then I realized he just likes to get to the point because he is a busy man. He made me feel soooo much better. No pain!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Excellent experience with fusion surgery. Pain was gone the minute I woke up after the surgery. Dr. Thurmond explained in detail what was involved with the procedure, and I found him to be caring and personable.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

8/31/17 - One year ago, I was diagnosed with severe spinal stenosis and a seriously compromised lower spine. I was in excruciating, unbearable pain and unable to function. Dr Thurmond proposed a lumbar laminectomy, spinal fusion, and disc repair surgery as my best option. The surgery and recovery went smoothly and Dr. Thurmond visited each day staying with me as long as necessary to answer questions and ease my fears. Thanks to Dr. Thurmond’s kindness, compassion, and most of all his surgical skills, I am now without pain and fully able to perform my daily routine. I just completed my 1-year examination and have no further scheduled appointments. I consider the whole experience a triumph. In a word, Dr. Thurmond is my “hero”.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

He is complete arrogant and has no compassion whatsoever. Was critical on how I explained my back pain- said "it keeps going out" and he kept saying that doesn't happen- obviously I'm not a doctor nor do I know medical terminology... very degrading considering I did break my. all 4 years ago and have had more frequent pain. I refuse to take medication for pain so it's not like I was some pill shopper- just wanted to be checked out and he never did more than look at my back. I even had pictures showing how sideways I stand and swollen I get when it does act up- I was dismissed as through I was making it up. Horrible bedside manner and honestly just a cocky little guy

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

Told me L4-5 & L5-S1 needed to be fused. Shortly after surgery, pain persisted. Sent me for an MRI. Then an injection in L3-4...diagnostic prepares ! He tells me we may have to consider L3-4 some time in the future. 2 months after surgery, the pain is increasing and inn other areas. Numbness and burning pain that I never experienced before. He wants to do another injection in L3-4. Meanwhile, his P.A. Tells me that she believes that L3-4 is definitely the problem but he wants the injection. I go for another opinion.... Other Dr. looks at my pictures, radiologist reports from my MEN's and immediately tells me that I was misdiagnosed. L5-S1 was fused and should not have been touched, L3-4 was herniated and ruptured and was not even considered. Reports and pictures do not lie !! He does !! Because of 4 months of further damage that should not have been done, I now face permanent nerve damage. He refuses to acknowledge his blatant incompetence. The level of arrogance from Dr. Thurmond is astounding. At least I finally got the original problem taken care of...4 months later.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

He is a good doctor and professional explain everything from A to Z

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr. James C. Thurmond's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2009)

Amerigroup