Ratings for Dr. Victor Onwukwe

Good for a perception but not much else . Dose not respond well to questions .

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

My husband went for test results today as requested by his Family Dr. only to discover his Dr. is away till the middle of Sept. and notice was on the door to see this Dr. He made an appt. and went this afternoon. Went to see him, asked how his cholesterol was. Response, "It's fine." So my husband asks if he could please write down the numbers as he is trying to keep a record........ .very simple ... a total of 4 numbers. He told him to just pick it up out front, what he failed to tell him is that it was a cost of $5.00 for one piece of paper. It was very deceitful. Really .... paying for simple results .... This was in no way related to anything only patient care. To say that we are disgusted is putting it mildly. Anyone who asks about our experience .... will get the truth. Absolutely unbelievable ...... charging a patient for results. Sorry but some patients want more than ........ you're fine

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

This doctor is by far the best I have seen in fort McMurray. He is knowledgeable , surprisingly shocked ! At the negative feedback , My guess for all the negative comments is coming from turning people away who are seeking prescriptions or abusing it

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

What a joke this guy is.. Don't waste your time! He's inconsiderate, he doesn't listen to your needs he just comes to his own conclusion based on a guess.. He doesn't examine you he stares at his stupid computer screen! Your not a doctor my friend your a poor excuse for a human being!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

He should not be allowed to practice medicine in Canada. I didn't see yet such a rude and incompetent doctor, not even sure how he managed to get his temporary license...

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

I went to Doctor Victor today with some concerns that had been building over two weeks. He did not try to help me, he raised his voice telling me my symptoms were not linked and did not make any sense. He continued to talk over me as I tried to continue on with my concerns and I ended up leaving in tears and having anxiety attack. I went in for help with my problems and left with no answers. He was very rude and condescending and didn't seem to want to help me at all. I have never in my life felt so disrespected by anyone never mind a doctor. I will be filing a complaint.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

This Doctor was extremely rude, I required 30 seconds of his time. He would not even make eye contact. I am sorry DR. Victor but you are full of yourself and the people in Fort McMurray deserve better care than you are willing to give maybe you should actually pretend that you care about people before you call yourself a Doctor

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr Victor's for 2 years now but very rarely had to visit him. After today, I am seeking a new doctor immediately. He was incredibly rude and patronizing toward me simply because I inquired about another prescription after he had already printed one off for me - I didn't realize this is the protocol as I very rarely get prescriptions but he could have simply said that rather than rolling his eyes, shaking his head at me and ripping the prescription out of my hand while saying it's now a waste. I've never been treated so poorly in my life by a "professional." The man has no class whatsoever and I will gladly take myself elsewhere from now on.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

I feel so much better now that I have read the other reviews. I thought there was something wrong with ME because he dumped me as a patient for asking him to actually face me (instead of the computer) and have a conversation! He has repeatedly treated me rudely and I put up with it because no doctors will accept new patients in Fort McMurray if you already have a family doctor. He did me the biggest favor today by refusing to be my doctor! Now I can finally find another doctor who might listen, be polite, and make me feel that I am getting the care I need. If you are a woman, forget asking questions, he thinks you're criticizing him. He says one thing one visit, and something different the next. He will never touch you. I'm on my seventh round of antibiotics in 3 months and dared to ask him if he has a plan for me. I feel absolutely humiliated and let down by Canadian health care... Oh and when he was busy telling me that he refuses to treat me, he also said it was all on me because he has never had any complaints! lol! I asked him how many patients have left him ... Thank you for sharing your stories. I can see that the pattern and problem is with him. It gives me the confidence to continue to ask questions about the "care" I receive from my doctors. On a positive note, the doctors at the hospital emergency have been excellent.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Been seeing Dr Victor for years now. Always very helpful and thorough.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015