You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jody E. Gilstrap

Office is nice the staff...some are friendlier than others. While Dr Gilstrap is kind speaking and worked to get my high blood pressure in check he is not willing to treat other issues. I had a neck/pulled muscle issue I was sent off to ortho doc and physical therapy. I needed medication for adult diagnosed ADD (I had previously been on med with another GP doc) he wouldn't. Needed medication for narcolepsy wanted to send me off to sleep clinic (I had sleep study done years ago and have a Cpap) needed treatment for migraines he gave me nothing just suggest I see neurologist. Did not care that I've had headache the better part of a month. I am not a narcotic drug seeker so his unwillingness to help with headaches is the final straw. I will find a new GP that seems to care and not rush off long time patients. My wife called him out on medication for treating narcolepsy by telling him why could he not prescribe when she told him she has a family member that was given the same medication by a GYN so why could a GP not give it.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Dr. Gilstrap is one of the most caring doctors that we've ever dealt with. He's even made follow up calls after our visit to ensure patient's health.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

The office space is nice and clean! Wait time is minimum. Staff seem uneducated but are friendly. Lab staff poor technique and always playing on their cell phones or other personal matters. I have never had a good experience with lab. Dr. Gilstrap is the most caring physician. He is honest and works diligently in caring for each patient.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

Wonderful doctor. Super smart, and very friendly. Easy to get an appointment with him. He is our go-to guy!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2013

Dr Gilstrap spends time with his patients, and ensures they understand their medical diagnoses and medications. He also listens. I've been to doctors who don't care to understand their patients, and are only looking for the bottom line... money. Dr Gilstrap has never made me feel this way. I highly recommend him and his practice! Jarred has always taken the time to get me prepared for the visit, and Barbara and Cyndi are wonderful out front!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

Great location! Very friendly staff!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

Dr. Gilstrap and his staff is the best! I have lived in several different states and I have never been in such a "put together" office as this one. Dr. Gilstrap and his nurses Jarred and April took the best of care with me. They are so friendly and helpful. When I checked out to leave Barbara and Cyndi answered all my questions concerning the patient portal and my next appointment. By the time I left they actually had me looking forward to my next visit! Great great great office!!!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

Very good "bedside manner". Thorough and patient. Spends as much time with me as need. Very caring!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

Dr. Gilstrap is knowledgeable and trustworthy. He is courteous, listens and makes an accurate diagnosis.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

I LOVE Dr. Gilstrap. Time waiting has been over an hour at times, but rarely. He could still improve on promptness to appt. time.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2013

Dr. Jody E. Gilstrap's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Office is nice the staff...some are friendlier than others. While Dr Gilstrap is kind speaking and worked to get my high blood pressure in check he is not willi..."

April 15, 2016
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=946488'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

February 6, 2014