Ratings for Dr. Tara Shirazian

Dr. Shirazian is absolutely wonderful! I had two miscarriage in 3 years, recurring UTIs and heavy cycles and each GYN before her told me women have fibroids and go on to have healthy pregnancies and never took it to the next step. Dr. Shirazian gave me options, she gave me hope! She removed 12 fibroids the largest being 6 x 10 cm and two weeks post op my incision looks great! She was incredibly attentive and responded quickly to any concerns I had before and after the surgery. I can’t thank her enough for the care and compassion she showed me. I know when I finally welcome my first child into this world it’s going to be because of her!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2018

I cannot say enough about the quality of care I have received from Dr. Shirazian. I started seeing her after finding out from a previous Ob-Gyn that I had a fibroid that needed to be removed. The procedure for removal that was proposed by that previous doctor had me feeling uneasy, and when I talked to my primary care physician about this she suggested that I speak with Dr. Shirazian. I met with Dr. Shirazian, and she explained that the fibroid would indeed need to be removed, but that because of where and how the fibroid was situated I was actually a good candidate for a laparoscopic myomectomy. This procedure is less invasive than the one that had been proposed to me by the previous doctor. It would also cause less strain on my body and would be quicker and easier for my body to recover from. Dr. Shirazian carefully explains things, she thoroughly and patiently answers questions, and it’s clear that she is not only incredibly skilled at her work, but she is also highly knowledgeable and up-to-date on the research in her field. Her expertise in minimally invasive procedures and the treatment and long-term care for women dealing with issues such as fibroids is very evident. I left her office after that first appointment feeling confident that I was in good hands. Even though I was essentially still a new patient, on the day of the procedure, I felt like I was being treated like I had been a patient of Dr. Shirazian for years. At the beginning of the procedure when the anesthesia was being administered, Dr. Shirazian was right by my side, making sure I was feeling as relaxed and comforted as possible. It meant so much to me. The procedure itself went as planned, and I am pleased to report that I am recovering well. I recently saw Dr. Shirazian for my post-op appointment, and we discussed what the future might hold for me as a woman who has had fibroids, and the steps that I could take to help promote my body's well-being. I continue to feel reassured that I am receiving the best possible care - thank you so much, Dr. Shirazian!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

I have met many doctors before but Dr. Shirazian impressed me with her expertise and her ability to listen to my needs. I saw Dr.Shirazian for a consultation about surgical removal of fibroids. She is genuinely caring and will make sure you are getting the best care that you need, from the moment you walk into the office, through the surgery prep and after-care. I never felt rushed with her and she was incredibly patient with many questions I had. Most importantly she was able to diagnose my condition correctly which resulted in the minimal intervention necessary. I saw other doctors, including my ob-gyn, that were way too eager to go ahead with the most radical solution - hysterectomy. Thanks to Dr. Shirazian’s experience, intelligence and attention to detail my problems were solved with minimal intervention and my uterus intact. I am forever grateful for having Dr. Shirazian take care of me as I could not have been in better hands.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

Godsent! Genuinely caring & devoted. I am BLESSED to have her as my Surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

She is a wonderful person and she is so caring and she actually takes care of your needs and works with you for that I appreciate her and I'm thankful for her care and I'm very grateful that she was my gym and helps me with my issue

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

I am so grateful of having Dr. Shirazian as my GYN. I was having many issues due to fibroids since many year ago. She even took out one small fibroid in uterus in Dic/2016 plus some other things that were blocking my uterus to make a baby. The surgery then was so so successful that after 3 month of performing the surgery I miraculously got pregnant!!! So, I did not doubt to come back and visit her this year to get rid of those painful fibroids (they were huge!). Now, after almost 3 weeks of my surgery (which was via laparoscopy) I feel great! I have not had any issues at all. Dr. Shirazian did it again!!! Me, my 6 month old baby boy, my husband and all my family want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

I am very grateful to Dr. Shirazian and her whole office at Joan H. Tisch Center. She is a very talented surgeon and such a kind person who establishes trust with her patients from the very beginning. I just wish I had found her sooner so that I didn't have to experience pain for so long. My surgery went great, the doctor explained to me everything that will be done during the surgery and it was exactly as planned. Thank you Dr. Shirazian for an amazing work and for having such a great team!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

“My experience with Dr Shirazian was beyond my belief. She treated me with respect, care and kindness... She's a well experienced doctor and surgeon and extremely knowledgeable about my health issues and always answer my questions and concern left me feeling at ease. She is really great!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

Dr. Shirazian was excellent in every aspect of my care for my Myomectomy surgery and her procedure allowed me a quick recovery, I truly appreciate being recommended to her.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

Knowledgeable and caring staff. Very supportive and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Dr. Tara Shirazian's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 2003)