Ratings for Dr. Steve E. Vacalis

I like Dr, Vacalis very much. He always listens to me and answers truthfully. Even if I don't like what he may say. His staff is great. Always willing to answer any question. They recognize me and call me by my name. Dr. Vacalis is not always prompt, but he takes extra time with me when I need it so why shouldn't he do that with someone else? I switched doctors once, but came back to Dr Vacalis and have never regretted it.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

I love Dr. Vacalis. I hate his staff. Every time I talk to him, I am able to get things resolved, he is concerned with my care, and I decide to come back. At least until the next time I have to make an appointment at which point I have to go through a 3 ring circus with the office administration. I tell myself I will keep the appointment and sign the medical release so that I can find a new doctor, but then I always feel bad leaving because I really do think he is a good doctor and I enjoy his candor and laid back attitude. I also really enjoy the nurses that I've seen; they've all been respectful, pleasant, and everything that the office staff are not. The office staff are rude, disrespectful, and seem to be unconcerned with anything except for when they can take lunch. I am not the type to write a review after 1 bad experience, I've gone to this practice for over 6 years since before Dr. Custer left. I hate to leave, but I'm so over having to wait a month for an appointment only to have them be completely awful.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Terrible. At this point in Dr. Vacalis's career he and Caramount only care about what they can bill you for. You will get billed incorrectly and when you try to inquire about it, Emily Ryan his office manager will never answer the phone or return your phone call. I have moved my entire family out of his practice and will never recommend his services to anyone!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

I think very highly of this doctor. He made me feel at ease, and explained my situation to me. I have noticed some reviews sating he's rude. I disagree completely. Dr Vacalis has always treated me in a professional manner.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

This is not a good doctor to go to if you have any serious problem. He only wants to cover up the problem instead of fix it. He wants you to keep coming into the office for evaluations but nothing comes of it except more money in his pocket. He feels that his answer is the only one and how dare you ask for a second opinion. He refuses to refer you to another doctor simply because he knows they will find your problem that he couldn't. The staff is great and try to help but he hinders them from helping patients. I would not recommend him to anyone for treatment.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

I have gone to Vacalis for years now. I do not like his attitude. He constantly looks down at me, doesn't fully listen to what I have to say and talks to me like I'm stupid. On top of that, I think he takes kick-backs on rx's because he's ALWAYS prescribing me the newest name brand drug even though my insurance WON'T cover it. I wouldn't recommend him to ANYONE! He obviously doesn't consider my wellbeing a priority!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

Fantastic! Great doctor and he took good care of me. He took time to explain my illness and even gave me a follow-up call. He is very busy but, when I truly need him to help me, he is always there. I have recommended him to my friends. I trust him.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2006

very helpful and gave me samples. I felt better the following day. highly recommended by others and listens and gives you time which is very uncommon these days in a doctors office.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2006

This doctor warned me that I was probably in the early stages of a deadly pneumonia when I'd simply had an allergic reaction to an OTC cold medication which triggered an asthma attack. After 4 x-rays and bloodtests, I saw another doctor who assured me that I did not have any type of pneumonia and was healthy.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2006

OK, doctor will take time to talk to you, can be a little rude...

flag | Submitted July 16, 2005

Dr. Steve E. Vacalis's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Gastonia, NC