Ratings for Dr. Michael E. Herrmann

I have had a series of terrible experiences. This doctor may be great at delivering babies but his bed side manner in dealing with women's health is absurd and unacceptable. My primary doctor ended up sending me to a specialist because Dr. Hermann and Linda could not efficiently address my health conditions related to female health. Needless to say the specialist was able to successfully address my issues and recommended I discontinue using Dr. Hermann for my female health issues.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dang DR I miss you and Linda! These PA women on here giving you bad ratings don't know the meaning of your doctorate degree. I had to move to a different state and I hate it up here. You delivered 2 of my children, now 24 (m) & 20 (f). They both are doing great I wish you could see them. Someone on here commented about there water breaking in your office. I remember when my c-section was supposed to be May1st but my water broke in your office. I thought I had just peed my pants and Linda questioned and had you to take a look. No contractions just water. Then with a smile on your face you said, "Well looks like we're going to the hospital. Would you like for me to call an ambulance or would you like to drive yourself over?" Nervous me, I laughed, nearly passed out and asked can I go home first?" My second baby was right on time. You never shrugged when I brought them to my check ups with me. I certainly do miss you! And for these honeys on here giving you the biz. You have more women that love you than not.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

not especially friendly. I stayed because I liked the staff but the real issue came when my water broke...EXPLODED and he tried to send me home and told me I peed myself. The nurse even said I was "clearly ruptured" right to him and he refused to do an ultrasound. The only reason I didn't go home with very low amnio fluid was because I KNEW better and stomped my feet until he got it right. Then when I mentioned my concerns in a survey, he sent me a smart a$$ letter firing me as a patient.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

I think some of these reviews may be fake, probably from employees. I have never had a "great" experience with this office. I usually just schedule appointments on my day off because you never know how long you will have to wait no matter what time your appt is or how early you got there. I show up 10-20 min early and I always wait 30-45 min LATER than my SCHEDULED appt. His wife is nice and one of the office ladies were nice. I have been going to the office for around 6 years. Dr. Herrmann did one procedure on me and was not friendly. At all. I wanted to walk out that day and never come back. The only reason I continue to come back is because my family goes there and I am extremely uncomfortable with the whole experience, as I'm sure other women are. The idea of having to go to a new doctor and try to get comfortable all over again just sounds horrible. But after today I am willing to take that step. I have been calling for weeks trying to get a hold of a doctor or anyone for that matter. I call before they close yet I always get that horrible answering machine. Which by the way is outrageous. The message is very confusing and mumbled. I guess since they didn't list Thursday hours, you are closed? I've left messages with people since you can't leave a message on the machine and no one ever calls me back. I guess my concerns aren't important. I know the office ladies/ nurse/ doctor may hear the same questions all of the time, but I PERSONALLY have not asked the question so I shouldn't get a snarky response. I'm just done dealing with it. I'd rather be uncomfortable with a new doctor rather than be uncomfortable, unhappy, and treated poorly. Thanks.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Love Dr.Herrmann, he listening to my concerns. He has delivered my 3 kids. This man is smiling and very nice. Never been forced or made to feel like I had to take birth control.His wife Linda is also very nice and smiling.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

He is rude you tell him how you feel he just brushes it off and says oh well that's a part of pregnancy deal with it. He has delivered 3 of my kids keep going back because I liked the idea that all but one of my children were delivered my the same Dr. He is not patient friendly and he is very rough. Felt forced when it came to birth control especially by his wife who told me I would be pregnant again if I didn't choose birth control even though that is against my wishes. Would not recommend to anyone

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

He delivered my first child 9 years ago. I went to him ever since. He is not patient friendly but he's not rude. I am on my second pregnancy and switched Drs at 6mo. I felt harassed by his staff and him, as well as his wife about not recieving the H1N1 shot. I always had to wait at least 30 min to get in to see the dr. If you are having a baby I recommend going else where.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

This man is one JACK...you know what! i have recommended 4 other people to him after he delievered my first daughter and all of them and myself have now moved on to other doctors as of this year. i wont lie...he was a great dr. in the past but i think his age is getting to him and he needs to QUIT! he is not patient friendly AT ALL WHAT SO EVER! he doesnt care about you he just wants the paycheck! if you wake him up in the middle of the night for a stupid question...he yells at you and makes you feel like you are wasting his time with your concerns! I DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2008

He is very knowledgable and takes his time and listens to you. His staff is terrific and I never wait more than fifteen minutes when I am in the waiting room. I am a high risk pregnancy due to contractions and an incompetent cervix, but my baby was born on time without complications. Now I cannot say that all will have the same fate, but he is on the ball and knows what to do. If you do what he asks you will definitely be better off. Not to mention he give you free samples for vitamins not just when you show up and find out that you are pregnant, but also when you are between prescriptions because you are just too tired to go. His wife works in the office too and is a nurse practitioner and is just as wonderful. I have been with him for over 8 years, (I was 20 yrs old) and will keep him even after I am old and grey. Wonderful man that truly values your time and gives each and every patient his full attention. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2007

Dr. Michael E. Herrmann's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1975)