Ratings for Dr. Suleika J. Michel

I have seen Dr Michel twice and both times she was an hour late, and I was seconds shy of walking out. She never apologized for any delay and acted like waiting an hour for an appointment in an office that runs efficiently is not a problem. I have never had to wait even 15 minutes for any of the other providers, let alone an hour. I am now 32 weeks pregnant and have seen many other providers at this practice, and no one runs as late as she does or acts as arrogant as she does. I have another appointment scheduled with her but will be calling to reschedule with someone else today. I pray to God she is not on call when I give birth.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Waited 40 minutes to see her, she didn't apologize for running late. Rushed through the appointment, was in an out in 2 minutes. Didn't care about anything I had to say. Will NOT be seeing her again.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I was nervous after reading other reviews but desperately needed to see a doctor. I was pleasantly surprised with Dr. Michel. She was efficient with time, but I did not feel rushed. She was very kind and compassionate, matter of fact, and more helpful than many doctors I have seen recently. She listened to me, we discussed a plan together, and I left feeling heard and hopeful. I will certainly see her again in the future.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

She was 45 minutes late and didn't offer any type of apology. Rushed through the appointment and treated me like an idiot when I asked questions. I am requesting to NEVER see her again.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

At 38 1/2 weeks pregnant I began to feel what I thought was the beginning of labor pains. However, they felt more like horrible cramps than the stomach tightening that I expected. So, I figured I would call to see if it was anything to be worried about especially since this was my first pregnancy and I really didn't know what to expect. Dr. Michel called me back and was very cold with me from the beginning. I explained the pains to her and she pretty much told me that labor hurts and to deal with it and call/come in when my contractions were 3-5 mins apart. At 3:30 am, I woke up with some reddish brown tinted discharge. Immediately I yelled for my husband to come, he called and spoke with Dr. Michel again since she was still on call. He explained to her what was going on and again she did not seem worried and told us to wait until contractions were 3-5 minutes apart. At 9 am that morning, we ended up just going to the hospital only to find out that our son did not have a heartbeart.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

I had a similar experience with Dr. Michel as the PP. As an Afr American woman myself, I looked forward to meeting her, but found her to be the coldest member of the AOBGYN staff. She gave one word, uninformed answers to my apparently long list of THREE questions and just seemed annoyed that I had any questions at all. I've met about six of the doctors practicing there and she's the only one I specifically will request not to have deliver my baby, which is sad.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

I don't know much about Dr. Michel's knowledge because she doesn't really answer my questions - just kind of blows them off and looks at me like I'm one of those hysterical pregnant women who thinks everything is wrong. Far from it. My questions are pretty basic and are of the non-hysterical variety. For example, I wanted to know why I started bleeding (not spotting) fairly heavily about 5 hours after a pelvic exam. Her response? "That's normal." The other doctors at Annapolis OB/GYN have no problem actually talking with me, providing information and acting like they're happy to help me. Dr. Michel seems annoyed and never says much beyond, "that's normal" or "don't worry about it." That doesn't exactly give me any information. I refrain from asking her questions now because I don't want to annoy her, and that's a sad way for a patient to feel.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Dr. Suleika J. Michel's Credentials

• Hahnemann Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19102 (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in Annapolis, MD