Ratings for Dr. James R. Williams

I've had two orthopedic procedures performed by Dr. Williams and would highly recommend him to anyone with a hand/wrist problem. He is EXTREMELY competent, easy to talk to, doesn't have a superiority complex like many other doctors, is punctual almost to a fault, and will take as much time as needed to answer all of your questions and explain things in plain English. His office is the most efficient clinic I have ever been to. I've been in and out in less than 15 minutes. Sometimes I've even been called back to the exam room before my scheduled appointment. Again, HIGHLY recommend this physician, as well as the entire practice (I've seen another specialist at MW Ortho for my shoulder).

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

This doctor does not listen well. He is so hyper that I don't think much of the information I gave him was taken in. I needed cortisone shots and his PA did a great job on one hand (2 months before going back for the other hand). This doctor did the other hand at a later time and had no problem with jamming it into my wrist and pushing the cortisone so fast you could hear something pop. Only to have the problem recur after only a few months. The PA side was done very well (slow and attentive). I am unable to change to another physician within their building. I do not trust Williams and unable to change. Their policy just doesn't seem right. I should be able to go to any one of them as long as they get paid. My suggestion is not to choose this doctor if you are going to Midwest Orthopedics. If you do and find you have problems with the care he gives, as I did, you will not be able to change to someone else there.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

Dr. James R. Williams's Credentials

• Illinois Medical College (Grad. 1990)