Ratings for Dr. Eddie Wong

I accompanied my sister to see this "doctor" and, as other comments indicate, was shocked by how poor the level of care was. A reviewer here dismissed some of the other patients as "uneducated" because of the poor English used, which is an ignorant and arrogant way to look at it. (His staff's English is terrible, btw) Dr Wong takes advantage of Chinese senior patients who cannot speak the language for the very reason that they are easy targets and cannot complain, which is a terrible thing to do to the most vulnerable people in your own community. We waited for a long time because he obviously overbooks, and when he finally saw my sister, for some bizarre reason he kept popping in and out of the room - without apology or explanation. I later concluded he was perhaps seeing other patients at the same time. Regarding 2 medical incidents that required ER care, he brushed it off and made jokes. He seemed to think he was a stand-up comedian. Aside from his assistant taking her blood pressure, he neither examined her nor ordered any tests, despite her multiple medications and issues. He refused to explain the various medications to me and abruptly told her to stop taking one particular drug, which we later found out was very unstable. After 5 minutes, he gave us the bum's rush out of there and brushed off my concerns with her diabetes management, saying she was fine because she has a "high IQ" - what? I cannot even detail all my concerns here without writing an essay. I have never seen a doctor conduct himself in such an unprofessional (and annoying) manner and truly believe patients' health are at risk under this man's lack of care. He is here to make money, period. Needless to say, I helped my sister find another doctor immediately. His rude receptionist's last phone call? To ask for $80 to transfer her files to the new doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

This doctor should get an Oscar award for been the most fake, & the Worst Doctor in Canada. I have looked at all the comments on all pages, & only 3-4 out of all were 2-4 stars (1 was 5 star) the rest are all 1 star, what does that tell you. My sister was his patient, she's 74 years old. Few weeks ago she fell in the middle of night, & she felt sick, that was why I went to see her doctor with her, just to make sure her medicine were ok, but what an experience, it was everything that the comments from others put together, he WAS just as others described. O M G, I went home and talked with other siblings and looked for a new doctor right away. PLEASE people, take my word, value your life, I have ask my siblings about their own doctor, and my own doctor to compare, & found that he's fake, crazy, money hungry, careless, again, like how others have wrote about him.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

One of the worst doctors i have been seen! He does not explain and give you antibiotics whenever he can!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I can't even describe how bad this Dr is. Save yourself find another Dr.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

He is the worst doctor I've ever seen. Very unprofessional, rude, does not care for his patient. I don't know why he is still practicing. He is more of a businessman rather than a doctor.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Found out I was pregnant with my first child. Waited to visit the family doc (he's not my usual one), and he couldn't care less when he saw me. Didn't take my vitals. Told me to take prenatal vitamins and then about to walk out. I had to ask him about blood requisition. He ordered less than what typical pregnancy tests should (lab nurses thought it was odd that I'm only being tested for 2 items instead of more). When I brought up that I'm thinking about seeing a midwife, he totally shut it down saying that "they aren't just nurses". Very unprofessional and rude. I would avoid him at all cost. He's only "popular" probably with the elderly folks as he can speak Cantonese. He's gotta go.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

He is unprofessional and doesnt spend time with the patient to learn what the symptoms are. He is a careless doc.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

I agree with most of the reviews in that he is absolutely the most unprofessional and uncaring Doctor (if one can call him that) in the world! Will be making a formal complaint with the BC college of physicians!!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

worst doctor ever,rude and unprofessional, doesn't even read reports in advance, only looks for words and ignores the detail that may reverse the result´╝îhe takes patients from other doctors just so he can make more money! The one inside metrotown closed down because he took almost all patients from the other very nice and professional doctors!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

This doc does not even want to spend 3 minutes with his patient. This doc reads his assistant's prepared notes of patients problem. Spends may be 30 seconds to look at the patient. Spends another 30 seconds to talk to his assistant to update the medical record. Spends 30 seconds to write prescription. Then he steps out of the room to see the next patient. May be he is knowledge, but I would not know about it because he already moves to the other room. The medical office is always jam packed with patients.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015