Ratings for Dr. Nancy Ray

NOT sterile. Took my 93 year old dad to have his toenails cut. Thew were butchered. Dr. took of callouses from the bottom of his toes and the pain so intense he was near tears and winced. Took off the callouses and blood was running to the floor. Wiped the blood with a dry paper tissue no sterilization. The nippers she used to cut off the callouses came from a drawer where there were two in the drawer but not in any type of solution for sterilization. When finished she put them back into the drawer and then had to use them again. I feel they are not being properly cleaned. I called the next morning with my concern and was told they clean them at noon and how many people have this been used on from morning to noon???????? Next day took off the bandages and the toes were raw to red flesh at the end of each toe. Called doctor and she said to bring him in. She has concern over one of the toes and said we need to keep an eye on it. I am so fearful of an infection and his frail state at 93. When putting on his slipper I noticed a large stain of blood so he bleed a lot and to me that is not acceptable. When I took him back she was sorry and stated he bleeds a lot. The ends of his toes are very red flesh and I was told to bandage them every morning and if any redness or fluid appears to call her, The nails were so butchered. If I could show a photo you would be amazed at the job.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Received a pretty bad infection after she tried to cut out a planters wart.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Not sterile! Dr. dropped glove on floor and picked it up and put it on her hand, then proceeded to treat my toe. She is very nice, but not very clean. She also used some scrap piece of gauze she pulled out of the drawer to bandage my toe. It's a bummer she didn't follow more sterile procedures because I would have liked to go back.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr. Ray is one of the best doctors I have ever had. She takes time with you and is willing to work together until we get the issue resolved. My situation is not an easy one. I have been going to world renowned doctors at Swedish Hospital in Seattle for years. Astoria is lucky to have her. She is a very capable, smart and hardworking doctor. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

does not chart so unable to get notes to my doctor

flag | Submitted March 23, 2012

GREAT OFFICE STAFF AND wonderful doctor and treatment

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

Dr. did not use sterile procedures. Blood was still on the floor from last patient. Dr. bent the needle in my toe and continued to inject in various other places on toe with same needle. Did not put used syringe in proper hazardous waste recepticle. I have had this same procedure performed numerous times from other physicians. Dr.did not wait for toes to become completely numb. When I complained that I could feel her removing my toenail, her reply was "yes, it's a brutal procedure" and wouldn't stop. She just kept grabbing my foot and continuing. My toes were a mess and looked like they had been hacked. I ended up with infection in both toes. I was so tramatized that I will not allow my PCP to refer me to her again.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

Dr. Nancy Ray's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Astoria, OR