You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Catharine Munn

Dr. Munn is a great psychiatrist and the only one at Mac. It's true she can't always see people or see them regularly but she is up front about that - that's why she wants you to see a family doctor or counselor too. Those making negative comments may not had experience with psychiatry in the community - I have had lots in hospital and out. She did the most thorough assessment I've ever had and took me OFF meds - then worked out a new plan with me with other treatments + meds. This is how it is supposed to work but never has for me before. I'm very grateful and doing much better now thanks to her.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

She's got a lot of patients, I guess, so it's very difficult to get consistent appointments with her, and also the other counsellors/psychologists/doctors in the clinic are...rather...not so great? It varies. Always wait for appointments, but nowhere near as much as other psychs. So that's nice. But she withholds information. I mean even if it's not relevant, I'd like to know. I didn't know about some dxs until I went to another doctor in the clinic and he reviewed my file out loud. IDK she's the second best psych i've seen. but that doesn't really say much.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

I am really torn on this review. She was at times caring and empathetic. She also was dismissive of my opinions on treatment and even my diagnosis. I didn't feel like she even believed me

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

She was acted like her word was the law, she would talk down to me if I tried explain why I felt her suggestions wouldn't work for me, she doubted everything I said...it's always "how do you know that's happening" when I was describing the abuse I was going through...like my word meant nothing..just because I'm depressed and have negative thoughts doesn't mean I completely lose the ability to perceive things correctly...she was terrible..basically messed up my life

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Super understanding, kind, nonjudgmental, smart, helpful.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I love this woman. She goes above and beyond what you would expect a doctor to do. Kind, understanding, super helpful.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

Her ambivalence frustrates me at times. Feels disconnected and distant in sessions.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2012

Submitted July 17, 2011

I am amazed to see so many people had the same experience as me. I thought it must have been some miracle of timing, luck and chemistry, but I see there is a trend. She restored my faith in humanity, and I believe that if I follow her recommendations I might also be able to be of some service to others. Inspiring and life-saving.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2010

She is responsible for me still being here. She is a phenomenal doctor, giving of both compassion and sensibility.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009

Dr. Catharine Munn's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Munn is a great psychiatrist and the only one at Mac. It's true she can't always see people or see them regularly but she is up front about that - that's wh..."

December 15, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "She's got a lot of patients, I guess, so it's very difficult to get consistent appointments with her, and also the other counsellors/psychologists/doctors in th..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I am really torn on this review. She was at times caring and empathetic. She also was dismissive of my opinions on treatment and even my diagnosis. I didn't fee..."

September 22, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "She was acted like her word was the law, she would talk down to me if I tried explain why I felt her suggestions wouldn't work for me, she doubted everything I ..."

September 10, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.healthpartners.com/locator/HPClinics/specialty/location/detail.do?locationId=4719". Postal Code has been updated from "L8H1" to "55107". Address has been updated from "None" to "205 Wabasha Street South". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19528538800".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Super understanding, kind, nonjudgmental, smart, helpful."

February 26, 2015