Ratings for Dr. Robert L. Salant

I was extremely impressed with Dr. Salant. He was warm, connected,, empathic and I felt that he was 100% present for the issue at hand. I think he is also extremely smart and knows GU well. He was able to pull together a lot of information in a short period of time, and as a fellow doctor, I was impressed with his humanism and empathy. The office has some of the challenges practices like this do -- the receptionists are a bit chaotic and confused and not super efficient -- but sadly that is true of most GU practices that I've visited. At least here you are getting a great doctor.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Dr Salant has a nice manner, but it hides a practice that tries to frighten men with normal age-specific prostate enlargement into getting unnecessary biopsies and newly created blood tests. I got a blood infection from his biopsy and spent 3 days in the hospital after being ill at work. I took my medical records to another urologist who said that rather than a biopsy my PSA level needed watching. In looking at my medical records, I saw that Salant had exaggerated the percent chance that I had prostate cancer base on the tests he gave me. I think he simply uses the men, a lot who are Black and Latino, to profit his practice by encouraging tests that are unnecessary. He even suggested I go online to buy a saw palmetto supplement sold by a friend of his. After during research, I found that saw palmetto has shown to have no positive effects on enlarged prostates. My strong recommendation it that Dr Salant should be avoided.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

I've been to 6 different urologists for a testicular abscess and Dr. Salant was by far the worst. He never remembered what we had discussed in the previous visit and you got the sense that he was just trying to get you out of there as soon as possible. He was constantly contradicting what he had told me before, wrote me prescriptions for things he had already prescribed and hadn't worked, and was evasive with all of my questions.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Typical assembly line practice...everyone gets their 5 minutes. Has never been remotely on time.Treatment is perfunctory.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Dr. Salant is very nice, his office staff could use some improvement, but he is worth the less than professional presentation of his employees. He is kind, patient, caring and compassionate. He is very well versed in his specialty of Urology, and as a woman, he made me very comfortable in his office.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2007

Dr. Robert L. Salant's Credentials

• New York University Medical College - Nlg (Grad. 1984)