Ratings for Dr. Bernard Costello

Hi Bernard Its your nephew Kevin. how are you. your my uncle. Debbie Desroches is my sister

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Dr. retired. No longer practicing. Thank you Dr. Costello for all the understanding, compassion, and care you gave your patients through out the years. HAPPY RETIREMENT!

Submitted January 7, 2012

Aug.11/11-saw the doctor about torn meniscus and extreme arthritis in the medial side(interior)of my right knee. Had suffered a bruised bone when the initial injury of early March was received to the medial side of the knee joint. Drove from Calgary as it takes year to see surgeon in Calgary. Very pleasant doctor, quite thorough, bringing CD's of x-rays and MRI was useless because he can't read them. However, was informed that at 66 years of age the needed knee replacement either partial or full would wear out before I would die. Therefore, surgery to be put off until I am older and then it may be considered. He gave me a prescription for an "unloader brace" to transfer weight to the lateral (outside) of the knee joint which is somewhat healthy at present. Recommended Tylenol #4 and anti-inflammatory for the next years to keep pain down. This seems to be the Alberta remedy unless you are one of the select few allowed to Que jump. Too bad I am only businessman.

Submitted August 12, 2011

I travelled from Calgary to see Dr. Costello and he was GREAT! He told me I would need my knees replaced inevitably, but I was too young! I got a prescription for a brace and why have major surgery when I could delay it! Thank-you Dr. Costello, thank-you! His secretary is so friendly and helpful as well. Great service

Submitted August 11, 2011

Dr. Costello has done two knee replacements on my Mother and they were both fantastic. Dr. Costello is a wonderful, caring Dr. who goes above and beyond for his patients. Thank-you Dr. Costello!

Submitted May 9, 2011

Very unprofessional,waited many months to see a specialist. He stated my x-ray CD was not good enough (it was provided by the best company in our town they checked it before it was given to me) He then sent us to the hospital to get another one and he would phone later that day. It's been 4 days not a word from him. When I phoned his office I was told he is away and would get back to us when he is back. I asked as to when he was back and was told they don't know!!!!!! Do I know anything more than before? NO Great service, I'm glad he got his money for the office visit. He can add it to his holiday fund and I guess I will find another Doctor. Way to go!! And it was totally rude to chew his gum so loud during the visit.

Submitted February 3, 2011

This is the 2nd knee surgery I've had with Dr. Costello and he did a wonderful job

Submitted September 10, 2010

I have had a knee surgery done by Dr. Costello. At first I was a little worried because friends/family would say things like "he's a dinosuar" and "are you sure you can't wait to get in with Dr. Kwan?". But whe nit was time for me to meet him, I found him to be a very nice man and he made me feel very comfortable and I think that having the expiernce over the years that he has had made it easy for him to explain what he was going to do and guarantee me no problems. and such was the case. I will admit that his old secretary was a b*tch and doesnt give people the time of day but his new secretary is very pleasant and welcoming and gives his practice a better feel. I was so pleased with Dr. Costello's work that I had no doubt in my mind to go back to him for my next knee surgery which will be later this year. Thanks Dr. C!!

Submitted May 28, 2010

My experience has been extremely positive. I have a complex case & was dreading a second opinion. He was amazing. Very kind, very knowledged and interested in finding me the best option. Which requires a specialist out of Calgary. I have had rude doctors, and he was NOT rude in any way. I HIGHLY recommend him. Oh, and he has new office staff now :)

Submitted April 7, 2010

How can you rate a doctor when their front line people (the ones who give a first impression)should be banned from dealing with the public. UNBELIEVABLE that anyone (doctors included) would allow someone like this woman to deal with his patients. We will never know what Dr. Costello is like because after dealing with his receptionist we would go anywhere near his office again. TRULY the best thing this doctor could do is remove this woman from his front line immediately. There is NO reason to treat another human being like dirt; which is what she did.

Submitted March 22, 2010