Ratings for Dr. John C. Scolamiero

We have been going to Dr. Scolamiero for years. He is kind and very knowledgeable. Having a complete office and lab in the building is very convenient as well as all of the test that can be performed there. He always takes the time to ask about my family as well as asking if there is anything that I want to talk to him about that may have not been discussed with the nurse. I would recommend Dr. Scolamiero highly to anyone who needs a realy great doctor.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Dr Scolamiero seems to be more concerned with what kind of insurance you have than he does on the patients ailment.I was not happy with having a scheduled physical appointment & spending less than 5 minutes with me. The door was left wide open for everyone passing by to hear & see me.I felt like I was on display.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Scolamiero since 1987. While no practice is perfect, once you get past the mostly young and rough-around-the-edges staff and actually see the doctor that is what matters most. The doctor is quite knowledgeable and will do whatever it takes to figure out a chronic, persistent ailment - and does not hesitate to use whatever technology is at his disposal (much of it is onsite, which makes it extraordinarily convenient - as long as your ins company's plan covers it instead of using one of their approved "diagnostic" facilities). He will also refer you to a specialist if he believes it is necessary without hesitation! I use Dr. Scolamiero for all of my medical needs, including illness, routine bloodwork, and my annual comprehensive physical. He even performs some tests that my ins co no longer covers, but he thinks are necessary w/o charging me. In a word, YOU are your own best advocate! BUT, Scolamiero is one of the best in this area! Wait times could be better.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2010

I found this practice very good, helps if you have an appt. that could attribute to the long wait, I didn't have one..was very sick on a Sunday & they were very kind... my experience was very good.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2010

I did not like this practice at all. We had experienced very long waits and extremely unprofessional service on the part of the staff and the doctor himself.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

Excellent Doctor. I have recommended all of my family and friends to him.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2008

I went to see this doctor because I had been having constant, thriving headaches for about 2 weeks straight and was growing concerned. He did not even show much care and told me to go to the drug store and buy Motrin. I asked him if he can give me some then and he told me they did not have any. I mean what kind of doctor does not keep at least a short supply of drugs or samples in their office? Also, the whole time he was in a rush. I left feeling like the visit was pointless and basically wasted $25! I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2008

If you need a prescription go to this doctor

flag | Submitted January 10, 2008

My kids were both diagnosed by Dr. Scolamiero with ear infections. He took his time with them, putting them at ease before starting the examinations, and was very gentle. He had the presence of mind to ask me if we had any upcoming airline travel planned - which we did - and suggested postponing it for a few days, as it might worsen their condition. We happily entrust our entire family's care to Dr. Scolamiero.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2007

Dr. Scolamiero is a wonderful, caring, knowledgeable doctor, who will take time to get to know you as well as your ailment, and then proceed with the best possible treatment based on his understanding of the whole person. He is awesome!!!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2007

Dr. John C. Scolamiero's Credentials

• Univ Di Bologna, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Bologna, Italy (Grad. 1982)

Top Urgent Care Centers in East Rutherford, NJ