Ratings for Dr. Deepti Pasricha

BEST DOCTOR EVER!! Dr. Pasricha has been my family doctor for about 15 years now and I'm truly impressed with her. These past couple of weeks I've been going through some serious health issues, she called me several times after hours to check up on me. Honestly, I'm so impressed with her level of expertise. She is extremely thorough and sensitive to her patient's needs and concerns. She always tries to make herself available to fit you in for an appointment if it is regarding something that she knows you are worried about. She is a fantastic doctor!!! Her staff is very knowledgeable and awesome too!! Thank you Dr. Pasricha!!!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Dr. Pasricha is a lovely family doctor, and I am highly impressed with the Markham Family Health Team. I was experiencing horrible acute onset symptoms, and Dr. P managed to get me an appointment the same day to see a specialist. She personally calls me on the phone to check and see how I'm doing with new medication dosages, her nurse calls with lab/test results, who is lovely by the way, and is very thorough and productive with her time. She is busy, yes, but I always feel well taken care of. I never find that she is late. Being up to half an hour late is considered on time for a doctor. I've waited in the ER before, fallen asleep for the night, and woken up to find that the doc still hadn't come yet. That's an over 6-hour wait, so I don't mind waiting half an hour for her. She is absolutely fantastic.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Pasricha for many years. I have always loved her, but I never had any major medical issues before. I always found her to be kind. My opinion changed dramatically after I had a concussion. I need more time from the doctor due to the list of symptoms I have, forms that need to be filled out and asking her for instructions on what I should/shouldn't be doing. I have felt VERY rushed every time, and have experienced negligent care. Example, she told me to try running in one appointment and in the next one she said "NO, don't run!" because I still have symptoms. She also couldn't take the time to direct me to specific specialists so for 2 months I spun my wheels trying to find what she meant when she rushed through her instructions. I do not feel I've received quality of care. I feel rushed through every appointment. I have received a lot of information and instructions from other specialists, none of which Dr. Pasricha referred me to- I found on my own. It's all about the $$$ for her and her team. I pay for every form (even just her signature), and when the cost of forms kept increasing exponentially and I asked her secretary why, she had to have Dr. Pasricha call me. Dr. Pasricha and I had a heated discussion about the inconsistency of fees she's charging me for forms (original price $35 which then went to $150)-- WHAT? She said she normally would charge me for phoning me to discuss the fees but that she would do me a favour this time. The only reason she had to call me was her inconsistent fees and her secretary couldn't answer my questions. Her secretary then refused to send any forms in for insurance until she received full payment from me over the phone- when I expressed this to Dr. Pasricha, she indicated that they "just need to get paid". I have NEVER received a courtesy phone call from Dr. Pasricha like some of the others to let me know medical results- that sounds like a quality of care I will hopefully get from my new doctor. I've changed, since I need a doctor who can give me proper care to get through my concussion.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Pasricha fo over 16 years. She is amazing !

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I've noticed the comments about her being rude, etc. I'd like to mention something that you may not have known about Dr. Pasricha - she was(or still is?) a PSYCHIATRIST!! She used to work at McMaster Medical Center in 2000 to ??? I was one of her patients, and she treated me condescendingly, and so on. THIS DOCTOR IS HORRIBLE!!! I've known for some years that she has been in Markham, so now I've taken some time to get this off my chest! FOR SO MANY PATIENTS SHE'S IGNORED/HUMILIATED/BELITTLED/MISDIAGNOSED AS PSYCHIATRIST IN HAMILTON, I KINDLY ASK OF YOU TO FIND ANOTHER M.D.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

OMG! worst ever. Only wants the bucks, big time clock watcher! Pretends to be nice. Do yourself a favor and stay away. Find another doctor!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

Excellent family doctor who really cares about her patients

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

Here is an honest review! As many others stated, yes, Dr. Pasricha is busy, sometimes rushed, and often late. However, her knowledge, and patient care more than makes up for these. People complain about her moving quickly and watching the clock, but when I go to the doctor, I have zero desire to sit and chat for 20 minutes about life. I want to give her my symptoms/concerns, have her diagnose them, provide necessary treatment and I'll be on my way. She is extremely thorough, types everything you tell her, provides multiple treatment options, and sometimes finds a minute or two to ask about your personal life (but really, who cares about that!) She is extremely knowledgeable and just a nice person. More importantly, she goes above and beyond by personally calling her patients with test results, follow ups, and check-ins. She has personally called me at least 10 times in the last few years (many of these times after 6pm in the evening) to check how I was feeling, follow up with test results, or give me advice on a health issue. If that is not elite patient care, I don't know what is. Yes, she may seemed rushed at times, forget to ask about my recent wedding, or be a little late for appointments, but who cares when you get expert care, and personal follow ups. For that, she gets 5 stars from me.

Submitted November 3, 2015

Her staff are terrible. Especially Agatha. Pro tip, do not ever agree to let Agatha perform a Pap smear on you. Agatha is rough and has a terrible bedside manner- does scolding you by barking "relax!!" during an exam sound relaxing to you? Dr Pasricha seems rushed and distracted. She is knowledgable but doesn't seem to care very much about her patients.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

she is amazing and new exaclty what my condition was.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015