Ratings for Dr. Ronald A. Leo

Be wary of this doctor. He acts in an extremely unprofessional manner. He bet his PA that I didn't have a Gastro problem, but a female problem; he berated me when I "made" him lose his bet; he took non medical phone calls on his cell phone while in the exam room with me; he spoke ill of his wife to me; and he touched and spoke to me inappropriately.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

I am stunned at some of the comments regarding Dr. Leo. I absolutely have had nothing but outstanding care from him. I was admitted to the ER in October 2014 with severe bloody diarrhea and pain. Dr. Leo was assigned to my case and he performed a colonoscopy and endoscopy which resulted in a diagnosis of Ulcerative Colitis. When I woke up from the colonoscopy Dr. Leo sat down next to me and said he had reviewed my chart extensively, noting all of my existing chronic illnesses (I have Multiple Sclerosis, Diabetes, Psoriasis, Meniere's Disease, Endometriosis and chronic sinusitis due to severe allergies also) and told me "you have a lot on your plate already and unfortunately you now have a bit more on your plate. But I promise you I will do everything I can to get you as well as I can." He has lived up to that statement. He has worked closely with my neurologist to determine the best course of action since many drugs that treat Ulcerative Colitis can exacerbate MS. He was very good at explaining things to my husband and mother after my colonoscopy in the hospital and since that time he had called me personally with test results, has been very inquisitive regarding any change in symptoms and is aggressively treating my UC. My last visit was approximately two weeks ago and after listening to my latest (new) complaints he said it sounded like I was now experiencing gallbladder disease as well. He sent me for a HIDA scan and guess what? He was right. In my experience he is very knowledgable, very interested in autoimmune diseases and very concerned about his patients. He is very straight forward and does not beat around the bush. Perhaps this type personality doesn't jive well with some orients personalities, but this is in no way an indication of Dr. Leo's knowledge or patient care.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

After 10 years of neglectful treatment, I decided to undergo surgery. My surgeon struggled and worked through severe complications due to the years of suffering with my illness. Every Doctors visit was like being on trial to prove I was really sick. I made the request for a second opinion from one of the other 15 doctors in this specialty clinic he would not approve in order for me to do so. I can only hope no one else has to go through the same experience as I did.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

This is a great Dr. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

His office did not call to give me positive test results. He got aggravated when I asked questions. I felt like i was being punished when he gave me long text-book answers that I didn't understand. He was very rude and sent me a letter asking that I never seek medical attention from any doctor at the clinic when he found out I went to see a different gastroenterologist.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

Dr. Ronald Leo is one of the best physicians I've ever gone to. Not only is he an excellent doctor with outstanding expertise, he's a very kind and good person, who does everything he can to assist the patient, from informing the patient to displaying a very careing manner. He takes time to listen to what the patient tells him, askes pertinent questions, and explains things very well to the patient in a manner easily understood. Every time I've gone to see him, the foregoing was consistently and readily evident to me. I very highly recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2011

Dr. Leo is exactly the kind of arrogant person who should NOT have gone into the compassionate field of medicine. I brought my mother in one morning with acute gastroparesis (life-threatening as we found out later at the hospital), he seemed unconcerned, almost jovial and basically told her it was all in her head. When I asked questions, he was dismissive, even rudely asking me "Sir, what do you do for a living?" Apparently I annoyed him with my interest in my mother's care. You deserve better than Dr. Leo.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

IF you want a straight-shooter who tells it like it is, this is your guy. He won't waste your time with mamby-pamby nonsense. VERY knowledgeable and up on current practices.Spent time explaining info after my procedure.---Artemis

flag | Submitted January 23, 2011

Rude and uncaring, doesn't like to deal with complicated patients, likes to herd you in and out of procedures

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Nurse told him I had a temperature when I came into the exam room. He told her the thermometer must be broken because everyone had a temperature that day. Had seen another doctor int he same practice as him who diagnosed my GI condition. He told me I had been misdiagnosed without even looking at me or my chart. Very arrogant.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2007

Dr. Ronald A. Leo's Credentials

• Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med, Gainesville Fl 32610 (Grad. 1989)

Oxford