Ratings for Dr. Phillip N. Johnson

Friendly staff, wait time is usually less than 15 minutes, scheduling is good. Never had any issues at this office

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Hands down, the best OBGYN in Ocala. I wish he was a primary care doctor!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

awesome doctor. very caring and helpful staff. the appointment wait time is little to none

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Worst experiences of my life, to where I dreaded every. Single. Prenatal appointment scheduled. Not only is the front office staff unpleasant, but also unknowledgable. I had refused to even speak to them when signing in and leaving. Very very rude "ladies", especially the one at checkout. Dr. Johnson I have only met once, surprise there. He seems nice I however have no clue. The midwives, don't think about calling for a question because they don't call you back for hours and when they do it's always "that's normal and if you have concern go to the hospital" lecture. Don't try to explain to them your thoughts because they will say your wrong even without listening to everything you need to say. Also they scheduled me different tests and ultrasounds without explaining one time what for, but best believe I got the bills for them!!!! I've tried tree times to go to another clinic to have my unborn baby but I'm to far along to switch :/ after the birth of my son, I will never be returning back to this office for anything, even my 6 week checkup. It's very sad these people who are in medical profession could care less about anyone but themselves.......

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

I was pregnant with my first child and started having abdominal pains so badly that I passed out - my husband had to slap my face repeatedly to wake me up and drove me to the hospital - where I sat in the emergency room waiting until Sharon (apparently the only one on call??? and at the hospital) called my cell back to say "even if you were bleeding out of your eyeballs I couldn't come help or see you right now". I switched doctors and went to Dr. Delcharco's the following morning for ultrasound, etc. MRMC is horrible - and Dr Johnson's office was just understaffed. I've delivered 2 babies since at Florida Memorial Hospital - and it isn't until you experience an amazing hospital that you realize how horrible MRMC really is.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2013

If you are a young unwed woman they don't care about you. It takes an act of god to get a nurse to call you back. I have to call at least three times to get them to put the nurse on the phone (this has happened several times). Sharon tells you she can't do anything about the problem and don't come back with the same problem. Dr. Johnson doesn't listen to your problems and has a set diagnosis in his head that he won't change even when your symptoms are contradicting what he says.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Dr. Johnson was very competent and caring and his staff was very friendly. The wait in the exam room was short and I felt that he had consideration for his patients comfort and time.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

I am due to have my second child soon. I decided to try a new office for this delivery and for the most part, I have been very pleased. I really like both Sharon and Jackie and will meet Dr. Johnson soon. My only complaint would be the lady who sits at the front desk. She is not pleasant at all and anytime you call she seems completely annoyed. I feel like her position is a very important one as she is the very first person you see when you go into the office. She is not a good face for that office. The check-out lady is great, though. So, I guess if you can get past the rude front desk lady then your experience will be great. Once I started avoiding her (the front lady Linda) I have felt pretty good coming and going. Overall, it's been a good experience.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

I used to go to another doctor on the other side of Ocala. The doctor himself was nice, but with my first pregnancy, when I delivered, my midwife just sat and watched, and the doctor had I come in to use the suction cups and never said a word to me at all and left. His staff was very rude, and at the start of my second pregnancy, called me a liar when I told them I had mailed the necessary paperwork. So I went to dr Johnson in Ocala, he fit me in as a new patient, and I have had a wonderful experience so far. I am due anytime now, so I don't know how delivery will go, but I am sure it will be fine :)

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

I went to several doctors because I was trying to get pregnant and was unsuccessful. After over a year of not getting a diagnosis, I went to Dr. Johnson and he immediately diagnosed me with PCOS. It was a relief to finally know what was wrong. When I finally got pregnant with twins, he handled me with great care. Sharon and the ultrasound tech were FABULOUS as well. I love this office.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

Dr. Phillip N. Johnson's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Providence