Ratings for Dr. Jack Kolenda

I would recommend Dr. Kolenda to any individual considering having rhinoplasty surgery. I was feeling overwhelmed in the process of searching for a surgeon online and was thrilled when both a coworker, close family member and industry practitioner all recommended booking a consultation with Dr. Kolenda. Upon arriving for the consultation, the staff were extremely welcoming, kind and courteous. After a short interview I was immediately able to meet with Dr. Kolenda, who I found to be very personable, reassuring and confident. What I appreciated the most was that Dr. Kolenda did not rush through the consultation, he really took the time to talk to me about my desired outcome, the process and how to manage expectations and emotions. I left the meeting feeling completely confident in my decision to partner with Verso. It has been three weeks since my procedure and already I feel it has changed my life. The results are more than anything that I ever could have expected and the recovery was fantastic (hardly any bruising or swelling at all). I was back to work one week following surgery, feeling like the best version of myself. If you’re on the fence, nervous or feeling overwhelmed about undergoing rhinoplasty (like I was), I would a thousand times recommend calling Verso and booking a consultation with Dr. Kolenda – you won’t regret it. Thank you to the amazing staff at Verso for making this such an easy and enjoyable experience – your professionalism, kindness and support was truly amazing.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Dr. Jack Kolenda's response
Thank you very much for this incredible review! We are thrilled we could be part of your life-changing experience and happy to hear you are recovering well. Your generous words will encourage us to continue providing a professional and enjoyable experience for all our patients!

Submitted September 18, 2017

I would highly recommend Dr. Kolenda. I was in terrible ear pain for more than 45 days with no appointment with specialist. Walked into emergency and Dr.Chan from Milton District hospital referred me to him. He exactly took 5 mins to understand my ear issue and did some treatment at his clinic for both my ears for fungal infection. Also put me on medication with clear instruction for 10 days. I was completely fine within 5-7 Days. Can’t thank him enough and highly recommend to walk in to his clinic confidently. Staffs are very responsive and hardly was made to wait. Was called in to meet doc in less than 5 mins. My overall time spend in their clinic was only 15 mins :)

flag | Submitted November 10, 2019

Dr. Kolenda has always treated me with expert care. He’s very nice, funny and extremely concerned with making sure youre looked after from start to finish. I highly recommend him to anyone who happens to read this. Thanks so much for everything you’ve done for me doc!!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2019

Dr. Kolenda and staff are top notch professionals. From the initial consultation to very challenging surgery they were professional, curious, compassionate and very knowledgeable. The only two surgeons in this universe I would trust is God and Dr. Kolenda. I can’t express into words how this difficult time for me was so fantastically cared for by Dr. Kolenda and the team. One of kind brilliant doctor. All the best.

Submitted October 9, 2019

In order to maintain anonymity I will not disclose what procedure I received, but I will say I did receive a non-cosmetic surgery from this Doctor. After the surgery, symptoms did not improve, and on the contrary they got worse. My concerns were voiced but ultimately I was told by him that everything looked like it should. He gave me the option to seek additional examinations from a different specialist hours away from his clinic to prove that my symptoms were indeed valid. Although the office is beautifully decorated, the contents of the office seem superficial, as if cosmetic surgery is what is the focus of this practice. In my experience, I would not recommend this clinic. Going through a surgery is a difficult and gruelling process in it of itself. You shouldn't have to worry about having to go through it a second time to fix what should have been fixed the first time.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2019

Excellent, welcoming, and supportive staff. Knowledgeable, professional, and highly skilled surgeon. Dr Kolenda did a Subtotal Thyroidectomy for me. Surgery went extremely well. I recovered fast with least pain. The whole team was helpful to make this superior experience. I would highly recommend Dr Kolenda for sure. Many thanks to Dr Kolenda and his team.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2019

I have known Dr K since he did my surgery for thyroid cancer over 10years ago. Since that time I turned 50yrs old and started botox injections. At 55 yrs I asked him to do my upper eye lids for droopy lids:):) Just recently now over 60 yrs old I had a mini face lift. Wow...awesome. The beautiful part of it is I get a lot of compliments on how great I'm looking but know one has asked if I've had any surgery. I just look fresh, well rest and as some friends say, They don't know what it is but I just look brighter. I keep coming back because the whole office is attentive, caring and do a great job. What started as a relationship of need with cancer has turned into a fun upbeat experience.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2019

Dr. Jack Kolenda's response
Thank you very much for this incredible review! Your generous words will encourage us to continue providing a professional and enjoyable experience for all our patients!

Submitted May 1, 2019

I recently had septoplasty/rhinoplasty at the Verso Surgery Centre by Dr Kolenda. I am now post-operative 2 months and wanted to share my experience with anyone considering this surgery. I had been apprehensive to say the least about taking this step for many years and came upon Dr Kolenda through recommendation from a fellow health care professional. My overall experience with Dr Kolenda and his staff has been very positive from the initial meeting. After the initial consultation I very very comfortable with the warmth and professionalism of all the staff at the Surgical centre. I headed into the surgery day feeling obviously slightly nervous but having confidence in their ability as well as the potential outcome. I had no complications post-operative and cannot be more pleased with the outcome. My breathing has improved substantially and the cosmetic change is so well suited to my facial features that it looks more natural than it ever has for as long as I can remember. I am 51 years old and can look in the mirror and like what is looking back at me. Proof that it is never too late to make the leap into self-care/improvement and Dr Kolenda and his staff provided the confidence and ability to help me on that journey. Questions I had after the initial visit were answered promptly and constructively. Shay, Dr Kolenda's receptionist could not have done more to keep me informed and feeling looked after during my multiple visits. I was also asked for and provided feedback for my personal experience by Dr Kolenda and his staff which again denotes a level of professionalism which I find to be less abundant in many aspects of our day to day interactions with private and public services. Overall I feel confident in my recommendation of Dr Kolenda and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2019

Submitted May 1, 2019

I had problem with my selava gland for over 1 year and expect a surgery making by Dr. Jack Kolenda. Dr. J.Kolenda provided properly analysis of all previous medical data, sent me for additional scan in hospital. His treatment was great and I have got health and avoid surgery. Thanks Ilja Mats

flag | Submitted March 6, 2019

Submitted May 1, 2019

I’ve been seeing this doctor for a few years! Staff are very accommodating and friendly

flag | Submitted February 25, 2019

Dr. Jack Kolenda's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jack Kolenda knew he wanted to be a surgeon from an early age. He began his undergraduate degree in 1989 and pursued a baccalaureate in molecular biology. During his studies, he was awarded a stipend to research molecular genetics under the directorship of Dr. Clare Hasenkamf and Dr. Dan Riggs, associate professors in Biological Sciences at the University of Toronto. Upon completing his second year of undergraduate studies, he was accepted in to medical school, surpassing the admission requirements for the competitive Doctor of Medicine program. He continued to advance his learning and simultaneously maintain his impressive academic standing by actively involving himself in further research. Dr. Kolenda protracted the research of molecular genetics with a focus on thyroid cancer, alongside Dr. Sylvia Asa, who is currently a research professor for the University Health Network. He subsequently undertook clinical research in the field of thyroid cancer with Dr. Irving B. Rosen, who is a professor in the Department of Surgery at the University of Toronto and a member in the Department of General Surgery at the Mount Sinai Hospital and the University Health Network. Dr. Kolenda successfully obtained his Doctor of Medicine degree in the year 1996, and completed his 5-year, post-graduate residency program in Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery, in 2001. He chose Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery as his speciality, for he appreciated the challenges associated with the complexities of the head and neck anatomy, including the variations in surgical procedures such as craniofacial surgery, neurotologic surgery, facial plastic surgery, and reconstructive surgery of the head and neck. In order to optimize his unparalleled medical expertise, Dr. Kolenda progressed his training in the fellowship program of Rhinology and Skull Base Surgery, which was newly established in 1999. He was one of two surgeons to become a clinical fellow in the year 2002 under the directorship of Dr. Michael Hawke and Dr. Ian Witterick. Dr. Kolenda earned each of his credentials and qualifications at the University of Toronto – Canada’s most prestigious medical school. In addition, he attended University of Bristol in the United Kingdom to further his training and enhance his surgical techniques. Dr. Kolenda is a certified member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and a member of the American Board of Otolaryngology. Considered to be one of the top facial plastic surgeons in Canada, his well-established practice at Verso Surgery Centre focuses on Head and Neck Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, Medical Cosmetic Aesthetics, and Robotic Hair Restoration. For more than a decade, Dr. Kolenda has been an inventor and pioneer of minimally invasive surgery, in conjunction with early prevention management. He leads the movement of modern medical trends which are shifting towards procedures that minimize discomfort, scarring, and recovery time. Moreover, he is at the forefront of developments in Sialendoscopy, holding many patents involved with this highly sought-after procedure, and remains an active researcher in this field. Presently, Dr. Jack Kolenda is Chief of the Otolaryngology Department at Oakville Trafalgar Hospital and is a staff member at St. Joseph’s Health Centre in Toronto. He holds an academic appointment at the University of Toronto and is the medical director for ACE Academia. Dr. Kolenda is widely known for his unique and highly reputable techniques and continues to travel world-wide as a lecturer and trainer.

• English