You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Ellen Giesbrecht

She delivered my first baby back in 2012, I was 5 past due date, water broke show ing meconium, in labour and I was having a lot of distress. I was under epidural and induced but my labour wasn't progressing, when I saw Dr G after a few hours of being admitted, I told her that I had meconium and "shouldn't we take the baby out right away?", her response was "it's very common and it's fine", stupid of me to believe her because she wanted avoid c section, she waited too long, she only budged when the baby's heart rate shot up after 6 hours being in the hospital, by the time the baby came out, he swallowed meconium, he was not breathing, had limited oxygen to the brain and he was sent to stay in the NICU for 10 days. When she came to discharge myself from the hospital 3 days postpartum, she said that my son could have a chance of suffering brain damage being in there for so long...I felt like yelling "then why did you wait so long???" But today, my son is a very healthy 4 year old and has met all his milestones except he has speech delay which I question if it's related to the birth trauma. Please do not let her make you wait if you feel you're in a similar situation! I was lucky my son survived with no brain damage.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

After seeing two other OBGYNs about the same problem, Dr. G was able to diagnose and have me in for surgery within a month. She was knowledgable, funny, down to earth, and helped to explain issues and concerns that were personal to me with my condition. I love her and will go back for every need she can help me with!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I would never suggest anyone see Dr. Giesbrecht or anyone in this practice even though this "group" delivered both my children. Looking back I do not have pleasant memories of my labor or the medical advice I received during a time when I was the most vulnerable. I put too much faith in their experience and not enough in what my own body and intuition was telling me. For the birth of my son, I brought my due date up several times, each time to be dismissed. Pulling my trust in Dr. Giesbrecht I allowed her to schedule me to be induced. My baby was no way near ready to be born. He didn't respond at all to the inductions meds. Of course that meant they gave me stronger ones. When those did not work and my baby was in "distress" I was given a c-section. If you want to be treated like you are one of the pregnant women in a herd of women this is a great option. If you want to be listened to I would suggest a more natural approach like a dual or midwife. I wish I had. Not trusting the bad experience the first time I went to see her again because I was having difficulty getting pregnant. They put me on clomid. I got pregnant and then miscarried at 8 weeks. By luck, a friend recommended acupuncture. Ironically enough in their own building. After only 2 sessions I got pregnant. I went back to share the news and Dr. G said, yes when all else fails we will recommend that. I was shocked. When thousands of dollars are spent, and emotionally people are drained? Again, I was not that confident in trusting my judgement then and decided to stick with this practice. I had a much better experience with the birth of my daughter. She was born by c-section, which I still question. I feel like once the drugs were introduced at 8 cm, it put a holt on the natural course my body was already on. We all want the best for our children, give them the best start you can. Do your research and allow your intuition to guide you.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Dr. Giesbrecht saved my 2nd baby's live, after I lost the first baby due to cord accident. He was born due to premature labour and was merely 24 weeks old. Dr. G insisted to give him the best chance and helping me keep him inside for as long as possible and then a C section. That decision probably saved his life. And against all odd, not only did he survive, he is very healthy and only have minor health problem. Then my 3rd pregnancy was also difficult due to premature contraction. With her help, my 3rd baby was born term and healthy. I cannot thank her enough for what her help gave me and my family.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

After the usual pap test, Dr. Giesbrecht, who had tied my feet to the couch, subjected me to a torturous procedure because she claim not have have had local anesthetics on hand at the time. She inflicted a D&C on me for the purpose of cancer detection. I nearly fainted from the pain and when I got up she told me harshly not to get up as she didn't want me fainting on [her]. The procedure lasted 15 minutes. The tests all came back negative as she knew they would anyway, since the camera she had shoved in me was telling her everything was alright. I've had three children and this lasted 15 minutes and was the most terrifying pain I have ever feld. The procedure was one that needed to be done under total anesthetic because of the fact my uterus was anteverted. Prior to the procedure I was told that I was "tough enough to handle the pain" and that she would stop if the pain was too fierce. But she never did. She only stopped scouring my womb after the husband of one of the patients ordered her to. During the procedure Dr. Giesbrecht also scolded me and hissed at me that [I] had known [my] uterus was anteverted and that I had set her up. I will swear on this to the day I die.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

I love Dr. Gisbrecht. She is friendly, patient, and knowledgeable. I especially appreciated the fact that she came by to visit me after my baby was borne to just say hi, even when she has already worked for a long day that day. The only thing was that she was not always in the office -- she had projects that she needed to work on in the hospital so of the visits that I went I don't always see her. Yet whenever I saw her, she always greeted me with a nice, warm smile. Her staff was ok and it wasn't too long a wait to see Dr. Gisbrecht compare to the previou OB I had. If I ever get pregnant again, I will go for Dr. Gisbrecht for sure.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

What a wonderful and knowledgeable doctor. Dr. Giesbrecht takes her time to answer questions and she is very patient. I would recommend her to anyone! The only problem is her relatively clueless and disorganized staff who make all sort of small but worrisome errors.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

I LOVE DR. ELLEN GIESBRECHT SHE IS THE BEST GYNE DOCTOR TO HAVE. SHE DELIVERED MY BABY BOY IN JUNE 2010 AND MADE MY PREGNACY SO EASY. IF I HAVE ANOTHER BABY I WILL DEFINITELY BE HER PATIENT. LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING ME THROUGH THE HARD TIMES THANK YOU FOR BEING A GREAT OBGYN. LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND THINK OF YOU ALL THE TIME.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

very helpful to us,even its our first time to meet her.we feel very comfortable and act very quickly when my wife had her Emerg.C-section and help and support our baby when she had to under go surger. well done and thank you very much for all your help.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

Dr. Ellen Giesbrecht's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "She delivered my first baby back in 2012, I was 5 past due date, water broke show ing meconium, in labour and I was having a lot of distress. I was under epidu..."

March 23, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "After seeing two other OBGYNs about the same problem, Dr. G was able to diagnose and have me in for surgery within a month. She was knowledgable, funny, down to..."

March 21, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I would never suggest anyone see Dr. Giesbrecht or anyone in this practice even though this "group" delivered both my children. Looking back I do not have plea..."

October 7, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Giesbrecht saved my 2nd baby's live, after I lost the first baby due to cord accident. He was born due to premature labour and was merely 24 weeks old. Dr..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "a real piece of work..cant imagine what it is like to work with her. God complex"

February 17, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "After the usual pap test, Dr. Giesbrecht, who had tied my feet to the couch, subjected me to a torturous procedure because she claim not have have had local ane..."

November 26, 2014