Ratings for Dr. Ellen Giesbrecht

She delivered my breech baby vaginally with confidence and care and great knowledge. I don't know what I would have done without this angel.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Delivered both of my babies. Very approachable and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I was sitting in the hospital for 45 minutes waiting to see her but she was apparently away god knows where. Her receptionist failed to fking tell me that and wasted my time. She doesn't even send the reports to my doctor and expects me to get another referral without them. I used to be able to email her receptionist to make another appointment but now I need to call? Please stop wasting my time.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I had the best experience with the staff and Dr Giesbrecht. She made me feel comfortable during each visit and is very knowledgable. I got pregnant just after 8 months when my little girls was born via c section and she really calmed my nerves. She has a very calming energy to her. A few of my friends have gone to her and I can say hands down she is amazing. Not only is she funny but she's very smart. I will only go to her.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Other than a mediocre and rude receptionist. Dr Giesbrecht is the most professional, amazing, caring and knowledgeable obstetrician anyone could ever ask for. She took care of my pregnancies and c-sections the best way possible.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

I would never recommend this clinic. The receptionist was awful and treated me like garbage. She never returned my calls and she didn't care that I was struggling. My first impression of Dr. Girdbrecht was good until my second visit. She was rude and didn't care that I was struggling in any sort of way. When I finally got induced we had a plan that if the first induction didn't work we would go to a C-section. She said she would keep in touch. 4 inductions later and 4 days of hell and not one word from her. Go to any other doctor. She has lost her ability to care about people

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Dr. Giesbrecht diagnosed my obstetric fistula in minutes, after another OB dismissed my symptoms as 'poor hygiene'. She had me on the operating table within two weeks, and even called me at home the day after surgery to see how I was doing. My experience with her was excellent.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

I know her for 6 years. When I was pregnant with my first she was excellent. Not only experienced but also took time to answer questions. I thought she was the best dr and would always recommend her to others. When I started seeing her last year it felt like she is a different person. Always on vacation or working as advisor. No time for per patients anymore. Huge disappointment, I do not think she should be having her practice anymore. Her heart is not in it. I would not recommend her now :(

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

She delivered my first baby back in 2012, I was 5 past due date, water broke show ing meconium, in labour and I was having a lot of distress. I was under epidural and induced but my labour wasn't progressing, when I saw Dr G after a few hours of being admitted, I told her that I had meconium and "shouldn't we take the baby out right away?", her response was "it's very common and it's fine", stupid of me to believe her because she wanted avoid c section, she waited too long, she only budged when the baby's heart rate shot up after 6 hours being in the hospital, by the time the baby came out, he swallowed meconium, he was not breathing, had limited oxygen to the brain and he was sent to stay in the NICU for 10 days. When she came to discharge myself from the hospital 3 days postpartum, she said that my son could have a chance of suffering brain damage being in there for so long...I felt like yelling "then why did you wait so long???" But today, my son is a very healthy 4 year old and has met all his milestones except he has speech delay which I question if it's related to the birth trauma. Please do not let her make you wait if you feel you're in a similar situation! I was lucky my son survived with no brain damage.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

After seeing two other OBGYNs about the same problem, Dr. G was able to diagnose and have me in for surgery within a month. She was knowledgable, funny, down to earth, and helped to explain issues and concerns that were personal to me with my condition. I love her and will go back for every need she can help me with!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016