Ratings for Dr. J. Thomas Chon

Dr. Chon is a wonderful Doctor. He is very knowledgeable and compassionate. He helped me through a challenging recovery after my thyroidectomy.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr. Chon is a excellent physician.He never rushes you through your exams and takes the time to answer any questions or concerns. Dr. Chon also takes care of my wife. We could not be happier for our care and have complete trust with him.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Not sure who writes these reviews. Dr. Chon is a fantastic physician. Yes you may wait an average of 20-30 minutes over your appointment time to see him but he is vey caring and compassionate to his patients and gives each patient their time. His staff is also great, how many offices do you go to that the phones are on all day even during the lunch hour. There is someone always answering the phones at this office and if not, leave a message and you do get phone calls back. I have also seen Dr. Chon's partner while in the hospital also very good doctor and took her time with me. The wait may be long but this practice is definitely worth it.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Office staff terrible. Called his office 7 times in a row and have not gotten a call back. Terrible customer service.

Submitted August 15, 2015

The first time my labs were abnormal, Dr. Chon told me it was probably a technical lab error. The second time a test was abnormal, he told me I was probably stressed out (I was not). The third time my labs were abnormal, Dr. Chon said I probably did not follow instructions right (I followed the instructions carefully). The fourth time will not happen.

Submitted December 15, 2014

Dr Chon is a great Doctor... My mother is a patient of his and she is well into her 90's.. however the wait for the blood results is way too long... I cannot under stand why we cannot get her results sooner than 10 days given the fact that then we have to change medication... Other than than, he does spend alot of time with his patients and I guess this is why the wait time is so long....

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Dr Chon is a very good Doctor and I respect him. It does take the time to explain your issues, answer your questions, not in the rush, and does call you back when you ask for it. However, when I see him, I tend to do my blood tests after the visit, which is a shame as I would like to discuss the results with him face to face rather than doing that on the phone. The worst thing about this office is the waiting time. It's ridiculous, i have to wait for about 1 hour even more each time I see Dr Chon. That is really unacceptable, mainly for people who are working! This not respectful of people's life I think.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

I met with dr. Chon for the first time. He spent a long time with me, asking me many questions and explaining in detail everything about what he plans to do. I never had a doctor that was so patient and kind. He answered all my questions and I never felt rushed. I am thrilled to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

Dr. Chon was awesome, he was patience and took time to ensure he addressed all my concerns. Originally I was hesitant about seeing a male endocrinologist, but it turns out it was the best decision. I would recommend him to anyone, even though I had to wait over 6 weeks to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

Yes, you have to wate a long time to see him (both to schedule a visit and in the waiting room), but he is an excellent physician. I will tell you that I've switched doctors before when they have long waits even if they were good physicians. However, Dr. Chon is definitely worth the wait. He's patient, caring, and attentive. He'll ask you several times if you have any questions and always reiterate what needs to be done to make sure you understand. I've referred several friends there and they all love him as well. It's rare to find a doctor who is as thorough and thoughtful as he is, he's a true gem.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

Dr. J. Thomas Chon's Credentials

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1997)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morristown, NJ