Ratings for Dr. I G Rowan

A very experienced doctor in whom I have full confidence. Proactive. Mild mannered and pleasant to deal with. On occasions when I have had to telephone about an urgent matter he has always responded in good time and with useful advice and guidance.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Dr Ian G Rowan who practices at Ormeau Park Surgery Belfast is a bully and a control freak. During the short time I spent in his company on a visit to his surgery I experienced intimidation, interrogation, humiliation and manhandling. Initially I was going to make a complaint, but when I realised that procedure in the UK is to make the complaint to the doctor himself, I really didn't see the point. It was the first time I had encountered this doctor, and after the experience I decided that it would be the last. As soon as I entered his surgery I could see that he was aggressive, as he immediately began to attempt to intimidate. I tried explaining my symptoms, but he seemed to take a very flippant attitude, and I got the distinct impression that was simply attempting to demean and belittle. When he asked me to lie on the couch he began an aggressive interrogation which I had to bring to a halt. He then manhandled me off the couch onto my feet and towards the chair. I'll never go back.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

Dr. I G Rowan's Credentials

• Queens University Belfast (Grad. 1980)

MSP/BC Med