Ratings for Dr. Catherine Flood

This Doctor came very highly recommended to be dealing with women's urology difficulties. My aunt had surgery to put in a mesh mid December last year. Dr. Flood did not come and see her at all in the hospital, and did not see her when discharged. In fact it it was several months before there was any contact, even though my Aunt went for a follow up appointment. When she finally did see Dr. Flood, we wasn't in there 5 minutes and could not give her the time of day. My Aunt is in severe pain, has parts of stool getting caught in crevices and has had no help from anyone. One Dr. had said that she will avoid patients if there was a mess up. If you messed up, deal with it, talk to your patient, just don't tell her she is a mess. Very unproffional, the hospital foundation will be notified, and we feel that she should have a lawsuit against her. Also the health Minister will notified. This is totally unacceptable and derogatory treatment for a patient going in for help to ease a problem.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

This doctor presented very well but doesn't have the courage to face a patient she messed up badly on and left her patient with permanent spinal damage all because she didnt take her patients claims of inordinate pain seriously, instead with the patient exhibiting classic signs of discitis discharging her making her walk around the unit with two smug smiling nurses to prove she was really exaggerating or lying about why she couldn't recover as expected. I'm that patient and it's forever changed my life. I've never felt so humiliated after struggling with all I had to try and meet these recovery expectations. I was discharged even though the bowel surgery given at the same time showed no sign of the bowel working and sent home knowing I live alone. With a fever of over 104 I finally told one of her staff who called me. Even still I had to make them promise to believe before I could see myself enduring the pain to go to hospital taking another chance at being taken seriously. For two days without food water or a telephone I could reach I waited praying someone would look fOr me as I could no longer move off my bed or stand or for that matter turn to reach anything. Had this surgical error been handled with consideration and the doctors accepted responsibility this negative review would not be here. I am due an apology and compensation for what might someday cripple me. I expect nothing. I know that is the most I can hope for.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

This specialist and doctor has such compassion for the patient that I can't even begin to express my appreciation of her expertise, bed side manner and knowledge. She spent over an hour with me in which, I was examined, options were discussed but more to the point, time spent working through my situation and gyno/uryo issues with me. If only there could be more doctors like this one; our health care system and our patients would flourish.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

Excellent Doctor wish their were more like her, very professional and thorough.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

Very good communication and bedside manner. Staff make smooth the process and surgery recovery.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

very friendly office,Dr is wonderful very knowledgeable excellant at her job.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2010

She was awesome. Patient and willing to explain everything, very compassionate, probably saved my sanity.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

The best doctor I have had so far. Thank you for being so kind.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2009

It has been a few years since I have seen Dr.Flood, but when I was a current patient of hers for about 6 years, she was great! Really down-to-earth, she is wonderful at just 'coming out and saying it' for the really awkward questions, and most certainly she puts you at ease when discussing the 'tough stuff'. Unlike so many other specialtists, she does not speak down to you, or in terms that only those in a medical proffesion would understand. The knowledge she has is amazing! And yet, when she comes to something that she knows she needs help with, she is quick to refer you to another trusted collegue. I would not hesitate to see Dr.Flood!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

Dr. Flood was wonderful, explained everything and was open and honest. Treated me as an individual Highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2008