Ratings for Dr. S. Gunaratnam

Dr G delivered all 3 of my kids and I had no problems with his care or the hospital. The staff at the hospital was great. All 3 were C-sections (2000,2002,2006). The 1st only after 26 hours of labour and me not being able to dialate. The 2nd and 3rd were c-sections by my choice. I didn't have any complications with any of them. He also did an ablation procedure years later (due to fibroids) to prevent me from have a hysterectomy. He was great at letting you know what to and not to worry about. He was also a big believer of not intervening unless necessary. I thought he was a great doctor and I have three health children all delivered by Dr G at the Georgetown Hospital. I am sorry to hear that others had bad experiences.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Worst doctor ! Had him with my first daughter. He was so rude He shouldn't be allowed to treat women. He treats them like garbage

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Can any one give his phone no and fax no to book a appointment. Pls pls

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Do one thing just Trust him ... He knows What he is doing

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

I had a great pregnancy until 3 weeks before the birth. Dr. Gunaratnam was amazing. I was hospitalized at Georgetown and he ensured that "we" were monitored thoroughly from hospitalization through to the birth 3 weeks later. He did not want to force an early birth because he said the baby will benefit more from staying in the womb and completing final stages of lung development. We also knew it was going to have to be a C-section and he was phenomenal, comforting, thorough and very professional throughout. He said he would definitely be there to deliver our daughter and he was true to his word. At no point did I feel that he was not on top of the situation or available. There are some disturbing comments that have been posted here that do not in any way reflect our experience.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Dr G was awesome ! was on point with everything . Helpful ! want him for my second baby ! hope he feels better sooner !

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

He is a horrible doctor. As a new immigrant to Canada, I had to end up with this idiot. He performed C-section which i think was unnecessary. I had severe pains after the surgery. The George town hospital is the worst. They didnt take care of me at all. I had bleeding for one month, My bleeding stopped only after a lump like thing fell in the toilet. I strongly feel he didnt clean properly when he performed the surgery. Now after 7 years, I have severe adhesions in my uterus, it led to infertilty. Now I cant even become pregnant again :(

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

DR. G is a gifted doctor for this hospital. He delivered my first baby in Georgetown hospital. Thank you very much.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

DR.G is a great doctor in town. He delivered 2 of our babies.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

His answer to every question that I asked was "you're fat", even while I was laying in a hospital bed terrified and crying.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014