Ratings for Dr. Arlene N. PERSAUD-KRAUT

Dr. K delivered my daughter in 2009. She let me labor way too long, and I pushed for 3 hours. My daughter came out sunny side up. First thing she said was "Thank God they make hats." I knew it was a horrible birth, but just recently we are really finding out how bad. I can no longer have children because it is believed I labored too long and got an infection. My daughter also is being tested for a learning disability which after researching , another possible result of a traumatic birth. After 2 hours of pushing, the nurses called her into my room. She yelled at them and said "she's not ready to deliver, and I just left someone on the operating table!" My daughters head was 2 inches longer than it should have been, bruised and blistered. We had to go to Riley's ' 3 times to make sure it would be ok.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

Horrible! She only wants to do c sections and only on Monday mornings. She insists that it is necessary when it's not.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

She is the best doctor I've ever seen and I can't imagine anyone else delivering my baby!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

I love her! She delivered my child whom I had a emergency cesarean with. She has always been very friendly to me. I have been seeing her for 7 years. She is the best so it wasn't a question for me to follow her to Louisville !

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

She is absolutely one of the best doctors that I have ever been to. She takes the time to explain everything and is extremely helpful. Her office staff is great! I would recommend her to everyone!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Never felt so betrayed. Dr.Kraut moved from Jeffersonville IN to Louisville KY. No issue we still wanted to see her so we followed. Horribly unorganized and rude were the staff except three nurses. She didn't tell us in order to see her we had to see the other doctors, well I developed GD she said my sugar levels weren't that bad just keep eating healthy and exercise. I was stressed out by the other two doctors and she had promised me that she would be the one there for me and to deliver my baby well when I went in here I was waiting to see her and the nurse came back in with an odd look and said dr.kraut wouldn't deliver me that I was another doctors patient and even the nurse said she never heard of a doctor refusing to be a on call back up, she was at the hospital! I've known kraut for a long time and she truly showed her colors to me that day. Do not trust this doctor!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

please do not use this doctor!! she called to reschedule my first three appointments. so I switch doctors because you can't reschedule the labor right? she told me how much I will owe which I have never had a doctor talk about money before its always been the office staff. she was talking about patients where other patients could hear. she was always in a hurry and spoke very quickly made me feel very rushed. as another reviewer on here stated I also heard some very bad stuff about her and delivery. would you even want to take that chance? her office also closed down mysteriously not too long after I switch doctors best choice I ever made.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

Dr kraut was my dr for 3 babies, the first two were elective inductions at 38 wks for various reasons. My water broke with my third at home at 37 wks but when i went in to her office, she sent me home saying it wasn't my water. When i called again 8 hours later she said she still didn't think it was my water but go to the hospital if i wanted to. The hosp. checked and she made them do it twice to confirm that it was. After 8 hrs on pitocin she called the hospital and told me that i had to lay in bed and labor, couldn't walk around and needed MORE pitocin. When i refused she threatened to csection me with no just cause and when i still said no, told the nurses to send me home. She is NOT a good dr if you have your own ideas on a natural labor or anything that isn't induced or a planned c-sec. Plus she doesn't seem to listen to a mother's intuition AT ALL!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2012

I had Dr. Kraut as an OB in 07 but she didn't deliver my baby and she was actually really great then. In 09 I was having issues with Endo and needed tests done to find out more information. She brushed it off and just put me on whatever kind of bc. Well, I got a second opinion and needed a surgery for the Endo. The surgery found a lot things that needed to be taken care of. I wouldn't reccomend her as an Gyn and because of that not as an OB either. She wasn't compassionate about my pain or issues. I was so happy to found a great Dr. that listened to my concerns and didn't make me feel like I was faking it. That year was hard on me and made feel like I was making all of it up and her doing that didn't help out at all!

flag | Submitted December 31, 2011

Dr.Kraut was/is wonderful with me. As a mother of two other children I went to her for my third pregancy. I was high risk due to hypertension(high blood pressure). She was very caring, open, and honest. She let me choose how I wanted my delievery to happen. I liked the fact that she doesnt rush you in and out of the office. She takes the time to listen, I didnt feel like I was rushed not once. My last child was born in 2008 and I've continued to be one of her clients. Not only is she professional at her job so is her staff. I have recommended several of my friends to her, and they have felt the same as I have. Thanks Dr. Kraut

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

Dr. Arlene N. PERSAUD-KRAUT's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1996)

Delta Dental