Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Fleming

This doctor is well-intending but is a terrible physician in many ways. He is very rigid in his thinking and very authoritarian. He is not up to date on the diagnosis and treatment of common problems like anxiety and depression. He is also not up to date any more on treatment of sleep disorders. He is rather cold and not very compassionate. I would never recommend anyone to see him.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

After being treated for narcolepsy by Dr. Fleming for 5 years, when I wanted time off work he told me I did not have the condition and that should see a psychologist

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

if this is the same guy i met with in smithers a few time he is terrible said he would lock me up forever and put me on medication i almost died on getting legal aid the whole mental health thing is beyond even explaining i have had so much stress brought on from my case he looks like a guy who should be behind bars or in mental institution himself..

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Absolute worst experience of my life!,!!!!! This guy should not be practicing medicine! Do not under any circumstance go and see him! I agree with all the negative comments of the other people. He does not listen!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Seemed like an intelligent fellow, but very hard to connect with. He totally discounted what I believe was a critical symptom in my sleep disorder. After a prolonged period of taking pills, which did absolutely nothing to help, I stopped seeing him. My sleep condition is worse than ever now, and I have no idea where to turn. Very disappointed. Needs to start 'thinking outside the box ( stop relying so heavily on pharmaceuticals)

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

I became aquainted with Dr Fleming through the sleep disorders clinic at UBC Hospital. Dr. Fleming helped me through many stressful episodes in my life from career difficulties to family problems concerning both a troubled son and a Father suffering from dimentia in his final years. Both career challenges and family disasters have resulted in long episodes of sleep difficulty. I found Dr Fleming to be kind, understanding and incredibly patient. His wise counsel and prescription management allowed me to get through the worst of times and to be able to persue a career change from my stressful teaching job on the coast to one more of my liking in the Prince George / Vanderhoof area. I very much miss Dr. Fleming and wish him well in retirement. I can't help but give him the highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

A physician I hold in highest regard. Dr. Fleming's expertise and insight set him above the fray. I count myself fortunate to have benefited from his care, which I consider to be the finest available.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

I am absolutely sickened to find that this very very seriously psychologically disturbed person is still practicing medicine, let alone have a senior position at UBC . The comments about lacking of any emotional intelligence, twisting words, asking loaded questions, cross examining like a lawyer, misdiagnosis etc. ARE ALL STILL ACCURATE. I saw this man decades ago when very very ill, and his behaviour was EXACTLY the same at that time. Does anyone out there have any knowledge of lawsuits launched against this man?

flag | Submitted January 1, 2013

Completely ignored some complaints, while overemphasising tiny details and spinning what I had said to him. Extremely frustrating - was almost as if he wasn't listening at all at times. Sigh.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2012

I've never met any doctor so confrontational, non empathetic, devoid of emotional intelligence, and completely out of touch with medical facts about psychology. He does not know how to probe to find real answers, and very quick to judgment. I am making another attempt to implement a consistent sleep schedule and exercise, but any practicing physician can tell you that. This is coming from someone who has never formally complained about a doctor in his life and has seen many over the years.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012