Ratings for Dr. James Stewart

Super guy. Saw him today in emerg. Very bright, astute, down-to-earth and totally non-judgmental. I so appreciate that he spoke to me as his equal without any pretense. Very grateful for his fresh, modern approach and willingness to offer his expertise to our underserved area of the province.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

well, it seems that patients in North Bay only come on this site to complain......so I thought I would add my comments since my experience was GREAT! Dr. Stewart was caring, thorough and discussed my very sensitive problem quietly and efficiently. I read the other comments on this site and cannot believe that we're rating the same doctor. He seemed to be the most hardworking doctor there.....we (North Bay) should be very happy to have him.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

rude,condescending and overall just Awful. Glad he's gone.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

incredibly ARROGANT, rude, judgmental, self important with more interest in discussing anything BUT your health. you can tell, even the nurses don't like him and feel uncomfortable around him. why does north bay have all the crummy doctors who misdiagnose? why cant we have more competent doctors? everyone is either retiring or moving to bigger cities. if youre really ill, RUN. do NOT go to north bay ER UNLESS you have NO choice. doesn't matter who your doctor is, you have a 10% chance of recovering and getting the right diagnoses, or testing done.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Saw this doctor in emerge tonight basically told me I wasn't sick sent me home with $200 worth of proper medication this doctor also send my wife home with a blood clot in her heart when she was pregnant he has no business practicing healthcare in Canada nor anywhere in the world I'm reporting him to the college of physicians Monday morning thank you very much for your help Mr. Stewart you should pay more attention to your game and quit talking baseball in your clinics and in your emergency room

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

A few times now I have seen this Dr.... both in ER and in afterhours clinic. He is kind, knowledgable, listens, and is helpful. I respect a dr who works clinics and emerge, they make our healthcare easier to access. I also appreciate the staff at the ferris clinic, it is run flawlessly, never a wait. Dr. Stewart's comforting nature leaves me & my 4yr old happy after a visit.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Rude. Patronizing. Most importantly WRONG. Dismissed my concerns. Have since had them dealt with successfully elsewhere.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

The worst I've ever seen, he called me a phony, said I wasn't in pain, he was questioning why Dr Rivet prescribed my meds in front of me, have some respect for the dead Dr Stewart, you're a goof

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Horrible doctor. Terrible bedside manner and even worse with diagnosis. I had torn my achillies tendon, not knowing yet what the problem was he misdiagnosed me with a bursted fluid sac in my knee. Told me to go home and rest for 24 hours. My disability insurance company will have fun with this clown. He's ignorant and not that bright. In fact I saw him on google trying to look up info in my symptoms. Jerk.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

I had an ultrasound at barely 5 weeks pregnant, knowing I wouldn't see much because it was too early. They only saw a sac and Dr Stewart walks in telling me I'm having a miscarriage. All I had to do was google what I saw to find out only seeing a sac that early was more than normal. Im now carrying a very healthy baby. Terrible doctor with no knowledge or people skills. Full of himself.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015