Ratings for Dr. James Mark Lawhon

Wonderful experience. Fast intervention. Explained procedures and called to check up afterward

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

My neighbor told me about Dr. Lawhon when I asked her who would she see for an oral surgeon. I have to admit when I walked into his office it was packed. One good thing is they were in my network of insurance. I had to wit a little but not too bad. When I saw him he was very nice and explained my condition to m in detail. When I had the surgery that day I was in and out. Th insurance girl was very helpful and really went out of her way to make sure my insurance was doing what it was suppose to do. My experience was very good and the wait on the the first visit was the only thing that took a little while but worth the care I got.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Paid upfront told me they would Bill my insurance, then I would receive the difference back, never happened! Plus he is rude!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

I have to honestly say I had a great experience so far my consultation was very easy going and knowledgeable. Dr Lawhon was very friendly and funny and put me at ease my surgery is tomorrow so I will see how things go then.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

This is for the previous comment. Do not put the negatives off to having something to do with Palmetto! Maybe you went on a good day. Lawhon is a JERK to not just his patients but even with people he deals with. He only cares about his money, not yours. I have commented to hia website already and NO, Palmetto did not twist my arm. My opinion was from my experience. People need to read about this guy. No care at all, especially for people in PAIN.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

My dentist sent me to an oral surgeon for an implant. The surgeon wasn't in my insurance plan but I went anyway. Had the initial visit with Palmetto Oral surgery. Two doctors looked at me, Lee and Morgan. Tell more they talked the more I knew they didn't know what they doing. Came home and my wife and neighbor were having coffee. Talked about my visit and my neighbor told me Dr. Lawhon did her implant at she liked him. So I called Palmetto oral back and told them I was going for a second opinion. She asked from who and I said dr. Lawhon. She then immediately said I should really look at rate MD. I am not a genius but that through up some red flags immediately. So I went on this site and read everything. It seems to me that Dr. Lawhon's competitors are very in tuned with this site. So I went to Lawhon, he was a nice guy by the way, he knew what he was talking about and I just got my permanent crown from my dentist. All went great. I truly believe Palmetto oral has something to do with these bad comments why else would the office manager strongly recommend me looking at this site. By the way his office had way more people in it than their office so they must be bad mouthing him to take business. Regardless, my experience went great and would highly recommend dr. Lawhon.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

I have been referred to an oral surgeon in Florence and wanted to look around online for reviews of ALL of the oral surgeons there so I ran upon Dr. Lawhon here.. I can say by reading these reviews that although there is a good mix of good and bad that I personally have gathered that the office staff IS rude and very unprofessional. I have to say I'm glad I was not referred here.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Mrs Spry, you told us you were gonna write a bad review about your daughter so we decided to look as you advise us to do. The real reason you are upset is because we told you Medicaid is payer of last resort. You told us you have had delta insurance for 4 years but you did not tell Medicaid. That is insurance fraud. It is not fair to take your anger out on Dr. Lawhon. You should be honest and pay your fair share like everyone else has to.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr Lawhon was very rude and disrespectful to my daughter during her medical procedure. If we were made aware of his behavior we would have refused his services. I will never take my daughter to his office again.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

My daughter needed her wisdom teeth out and thats when we found out how expensive this surgery is. Our dentist sent us to one of his " friends " but when we got there we were told , at the end of first visit , the entire fee for the surgery had to be paid up front, after I paid 165.00 for the first visit . I explained to the young lady I had insurance and I was quickly told that I could file my insurance and whatever they pay would come to me. Then I asked how much my insurance was going to pay and she quickly told me they don't call for that because it takes entirely too long. My wife started calling around and found Dr. Lawhon. From the get go they called my insurance to find out how much they would pay on my first visit. when we got there the insurance girl had also called about the 3 most common surgerys my daughter could have. Dr. Lawhon was nice, explained everything and pointed out way more things on the xray than the other guy. Long story short my daughter's surgery went great, I paid about a fourth of the cost of the surgery and my insurance was used after all these years of paying for it. Thanks again for helping me with my insurance.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016