Ratings for Dr. James Mark Lawhon

This is for the previous comment. Do not put the negatives off to having something to do with Palmetto! Maybe you went on a good day. Lawhon is a JERK to not just his patients but even with people he deals with. He only cares about his money, not yours. I have commented to hia website already and NO, Palmetto did not twist my arm. My opinion was from my experience. People need to read about this guy. No care at all, especially for people in PAIN.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

My dentist sent me to an oral surgeon for an implant. The surgeon wasn't in my insurance plan but I went anyway. Had the initial visit with Palmetto Oral surgery. Two doctors looked at me, Lee and Morgan. Tell more they talked the more I knew they didn't know what they doing. Came home and my wife and neighbor were having coffee. Talked about my visit and my neighbor told me Dr. Lawhon did her implant at she liked him. So I called Palmetto oral back and told them I was going for a second opinion. She asked from who and I said dr. Lawhon. She then immediately said I should really look at rate MD. I am not a genius but that through up some red flags immediately. So I went on this site and read everything. It seems to me that Dr. Lawhon's competitors are very in tuned with this site. So I went to Lawhon, he was a nice guy by the way, he knew what he was talking about and I just got my permanent crown from my dentist. All went great. I truly believe Palmetto oral has something to do with these bad comments why else would the office manager strongly recommend me looking at this site. By the way his office had way more people in it than their office so they must be bad mouthing him to take business. Regardless, my experience went great and would highly recommend dr. Lawhon.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

I have been referred to an oral surgeon in Florence and wanted to look around online for reviews of ALL of the oral surgeons there so I ran upon Dr. Lawhon here.. I can say by reading these reviews that although there is a good mix of good and bad that I personally have gathered that the office staff IS rude and very unprofessional. I have to say I'm glad I was not referred here.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Mrs Spry, you told us you were gonna write a bad review about your daughter so we decided to look as you advise us to do. The real reason you are upset is because we told you Medicaid is payer of last resort. You told us you have had delta insurance for 4 years but you did not tell Medicaid. That is insurance fraud. It is not fair to take your anger out on Dr. Lawhon. You should be honest and pay your fair share like everyone else has to.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr Lawhon was very rude and disrespectful to my daughter during her medical procedure. If we were made aware of his behavior we would have refused his services. I will never take my daughter to his office again.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

My daughter needed her wisdom teeth out and thats when we found out how expensive this surgery is. Our dentist sent us to one of his " friends " but when we got there we were told , at the end of first visit , the entire fee for the surgery had to be paid up front, after I paid 165.00 for the first visit . I explained to the young lady I had insurance and I was quickly told that I could file my insurance and whatever they pay would come to me. Then I asked how much my insurance was going to pay and she quickly told me they don't call for that because it takes entirely too long. My wife started calling around and found Dr. Lawhon. From the get go they called my insurance to find out how much they would pay on my first visit. when we got there the insurance girl had also called about the 3 most common surgerys my daughter could have. Dr. Lawhon was nice, explained everything and pointed out way more things on the xray than the other guy. Long story short my daughter's surgery went great, I paid about a fourth of the cost of the surgery and my insurance was used after all these years of paying for it. Thanks again for helping me with my insurance.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

my fear of dentist goes back to my childhood of a very rough and old school dentist who had heavy hands. My neighbor told me about Dr. Lawhon when we were talking about how expensive getting dental treatment is and no one takes insurance. she told me that Dr. Lawhon was a provider for her insurance and her portion to pay was very low. She also said he treated both her kids and did a good job. Well took a chance and saw him last weePlain and simple the man is funny and knowledgeable at the same time. Completely put my son at ease. The insurance was very tricky but the insurance girl, stephanie, went the extra mile to help me understand it. Many thanks to this office for treating my son and taking my insurance.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

It extremely unfair that when you made your appointment we asked for your insurance information and you told us you didn't have any insurance. When you came to check in we handed you the paperwork and at that time you gave us your insurance card. After putting your information in we called you into our check in and told you since we had you as no insurance you would have to pay $114,you then said is that with my insurance. We told you that we could call on it which we normal don't call since we were not given the information prior to appointment but this time we wouldn't see if it would help. We told you you to have a sit in the lobby while we got the insurance on the phone that could take a little while. After waiting on hold with the insurance for 45 min we find out your policy with them had been cancelled,so you were a no insurance patient the whole time. This whole procress of us trying to help you took over hour of your time and our time, but we were happy to help you. So please don't blame us for your insurance being cancelled.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I visited Dr. Lawhon's office on yesterday for a consultation. I waited for three hours just to get checked in because the receptionist forgot to submit my paperwork. Once I asked about waiting so long, the receptionist had a nasty attitude with me. I don't recommend this office to anyone. I ended up not even getting seen. Not to mention I drove an hour and a half to make it there.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

I was sooo nervous to have my wisdom tooth extracted, being that I have never had extraction before, but the staff & Dr. Lawhon made my experience at ease. I did not feel any pain at all. I didn't even know he was finished. I will say I will recommend him to all my friend's & family. Hands down the best surgeon around! I will be back to have more work done.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016