You may also like

Ratings for Dr. James Mark Lawhon

I was sooo nervous to have my wisdom tooth extracted, being that I have never had extraction before, but the staff & Dr. Lawhon made my experience at ease. I did not feel any pain at all. I didn't even know he was finished. I will say I will recommend him to all my friend's & family. Hands down the best surgeon around! I will be back to have more work done.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I was so nervous to have my wisdom tooth out. Doctor Lawhon is incredible! I couldn't believe how fast my impacted tooth was out & how painless the procedure was. I will never use anyone else. His staff is also so friendly! If you need a tooth extracted he is the one!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

You are correct Dr. Lawhon is a great Doctor but the rest of your comments are extremely disturbing and completely false. My name is Stephanie and I have worked on this situation and feel that this is Unfair to my Doctor as it is not true. The DIRECTOR of BCBS, Mrs. Tucker (803-264-7284) has contacted you directly and has asked for you to remove this FALSE accusation. Dr. Lawhon highly recommends that anyone call Mrs. Tucker directly to verify what I am saying is correct. BCBS admits to giving you the "wrong" information and has corrected their mistake. You were aware of that when you posted this on Rate MD. You yourself REFUSED to do a THREE WAY call with the BCBS, Dr. Lawhon's office and yourself to confirm that they made an error because you did not want them to explain their error or correct it. Our office records all calls and all of this is documented. You knew we couldn't make the correction until BCBS finalized their mistake and the Director was in the process of doing so. The Director even advised you it was their mistake and to Remove this FALSE accusation immediately given it was their mistake. With in a matter of 10 days from processing all of the claims between BCBS Medical, BCBS Dental Plus & BCBS Dental Base you were fully explained that they made an error. You knew that Dr. Lawhon's office was in contact daily with BCBS as well as yourself. As you can see dealing with Insurance companies it is a difficult and lengthy process in which Medical Insurance and Dental Insurace have to be coordinated. This is why Dr. Lawhon's office is the only one that is in Network with over 100 Insurance companies. We are not perfect but we know how to file Insurance and in this case the Director of BCBS, Mrs. Tucker, can attest that we were right. It boils down to you trying to bully us into giving you larger refund than you deserve. Lastly, Dr. Lawhon encourages anyone reading this review to call Mrs. Tucker with BCBS to confirm all of what we are saying is true. Her direct line is 1-803-264-7284.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr. Lawhon is great but his staff is completely horrible. They take your money and file your insurance and will not send a refund. I had to have the director of BCBS to send a letter to them in order to get my refund I am still waiting for my money. I feel like they tried to steal my money. I will never go back. I dont have money to throw away. I have filed a insurance fraud with BCBS on this office. I really like Dr. Lawhon but his staff is horrible.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Bad experience.Will not go back.After only of money.Doctor bad attitude.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

Hands down the best dentist experience in my 36 years!! Clean office, great staff, everyone made me feel relaxed. Dr. Lawton is fantastic. Very efficient wonderful personality and very caring for my concerns. Have already recommended his office to all my friends! Thank you for a great experience. Karin Grimes.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I had a consult for my wisdom teeth and dental implants . I am very satisfied with this doctor and staff . The Doctor was nice and really explained to me the options for my surgery and talked to me like a normal person and had a personality. I really would recommend this doctor. Went to another oral surgeon in the past and what a difference in attitude and personality. And while I was waiting I heard a lady singing praises to this Doctor and how much her family had used him and very satisfied with him. I appreciate that comment as I was a new patient. Strongly reccomend this office.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

. Needed to have a tooth extracted. waited 4 1/2 hours for him to spend 5 minutes in the room. Then told to go pick up a valium at pharmacy and come back later and he would squeeze me in. What? no thank you. I will suffer another night and have my regular dentist pull it. I am not spending 7 hours at his office to have 1 tooth pulled. No eye contact from this guy whatsoever. I wouldn't say staff is rude. They just don't care. can't answer straight forward questions. they give you a piece of paper to read about your complications and you sign it. They do not go over any of it. I guess it makes your job easier when you exclude patient education. As a registered Nurse, if I did that, I would lose my liscense.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I had 4 teeth extracted and everything went well. I knew what to expect before and after the procedure. The staff was great and Dr. Lawhon was excellent. I will refer him to others,

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr. James Mark Lawhon's Credentials

Delta Dental
Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was sooo nervous to have my wisdom tooth extracted, being that I have never had extraction before, but the staff & Dr. Lawhon made my experience at ease. I di..."

April 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was so nervous to have my wisdom tooth out. Doctor Lawhon is incredible! I couldn't believe how fast my impacted tooth was out & how painless the procedure wa..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "You are correct Dr. Lawhon is a great Doctor but the rest of your comments are extremely disturbing and completely false. My name is Stephanie and I have worked..."

January 15, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lawhon is great but his staff is completely horrible. They take your money and file your insurance and will not send a refund. I had to have the director..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Bad experience.Will not go back.After only of money.Doctor bad attitude."

October 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Hands down the best dentist experience in my 36 years!! Clean office, great staff, everyone made me feel relaxed. Dr. Lawton is fantastic. Very efficient wonder..."

September 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a consult for my wisdom teeth and dental implants . I am very satisfied with this doctor and staff . The Doctor was nice and really explained to me the..."

June 10, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. ". Needed to have a tooth extracted. waited 4 1/2 hours for him to spend 5 minutes in the room. Then told to go pick up a valium at pharmacy and come back late..."

June 8, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I had 4 teeth extracted and everything went well. I knew what to expect before and after the procedure. The staff was great and Dr. Lawhon was excellent. I will..."

March 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Rude staff, unprofessional doctor. The entire office personal waste a lot of time."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lawhon does wonderful work, however dealing with his staff and the process of insurance payments is not worth his business. Crazy, lazy, rude people"

November 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.lawhon is a great dentist. I had a wonderful experience when I came to the office. He explained everything and was did a awesome job on the surgery. I would ..."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Very bad experienced.Doctor does not have time to explain things to you.Staff rude and lazy."

November 4, 2014