Ratings for Dr. James Mark Lawhon

Mrs Spry, you told us you were gonna write a bad review about your daughter so we decided to look as you advise us to do. The real reason you are upset is because we told you Medicaid is payer of last resort. You told us you have had delta insurance for 4 years but you did not tell Medicaid. That is insurance fraud. It is not fair to take your anger out on Dr. Lawhon. You should be honest and pay your fair share like everyone else has to.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Dr Lawhon was very rude and disrespectful to my daughter during her medical procedure. If we were made aware of his behavior we would have refused his services. I will never take my daughter to his office again.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

My daughter needed her wisdom teeth out and thats when we found out how expensive this surgery is. Our dentist sent us to one of his " friends " but when we got there we were told , at the end of first visit , the entire fee for the surgery had to be paid up front, after I paid 165.00 for the first visit . I explained to the young lady I had insurance and I was quickly told that I could file my insurance and whatever they pay would come to me. Then I asked how much my insurance was going to pay and she quickly told me they don't call for that because it takes entirely too long. My wife started calling around and found Dr. Lawhon. From the get go they called my insurance to find out how much they would pay on my first visit. when we got there the insurance girl had also called about the 3 most common surgerys my daughter could have. Dr. Lawhon was nice, explained everything and pointed out way more things on the xray than the other guy. Long story short my daughter's surgery went great, I paid about a fourth of the cost of the surgery and my insurance was used after all these years of paying for it. Thanks again for helping me with my insurance.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

my fear of dentist goes back to my childhood of a very rough and old school dentist who had heavy hands. My neighbor told me about Dr. Lawhon when we were talking about how expensive getting dental treatment is and no one takes insurance. she told me that Dr. Lawhon was a provider for her insurance and her portion to pay was very low. She also said he treated both her kids and did a good job. Well took a chance and saw him last weePlain and simple the man is funny and knowledgeable at the same time. Completely put my son at ease. The insurance was very tricky but the insurance girl, stephanie, went the extra mile to help me understand it. Many thanks to this office for treating my son and taking my insurance.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

It extremely unfair that when you made your appointment we asked for your insurance information and you told us you didn't have any insurance. When you came to check in we handed you the paperwork and at that time you gave us your insurance card. After putting your information in we called you into our check in and told you since we had you as no insurance you would have to pay $114,you then said is that with my insurance. We told you that we could call on it which we normal don't call since we were not given the information prior to appointment but this time we wouldn't see if it would help. We told you you to have a sit in the lobby while we got the insurance on the phone that could take a little while. After waiting on hold with the insurance for 45 min we find out your policy with them had been cancelled,so you were a no insurance patient the whole time. This whole procress of us trying to help you took over hour of your time and our time, but we were happy to help you. So please don't blame us for your insurance being cancelled.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I visited Dr. Lawhon's office on yesterday for a consultation. I waited for three hours just to get checked in because the receptionist forgot to submit my paperwork. Once I asked about waiting so long, the receptionist had a nasty attitude with me. I don't recommend this office to anyone. I ended up not even getting seen. Not to mention I drove an hour and a half to make it there.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

I was sooo nervous to have my wisdom tooth extracted, being that I have never had extraction before, but the staff & Dr. Lawhon made my experience at ease. I did not feel any pain at all. I didn't even know he was finished. I will say I will recommend him to all my friend's & family. Hands down the best surgeon around! I will be back to have more work done.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I was so nervous to have my wisdom tooth out. Doctor Lawhon is incredible! I couldn't believe how fast my impacted tooth was out & how painless the procedure was. I will never use anyone else. His staff is also so friendly! If you need a tooth extracted he is the one!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

You are correct Dr. Lawhon is a great Doctor but the rest of your comments are extremely disturbing and completely false. My name is Stephanie and I have worked on this situation and feel that this is Unfair to my Doctor as it is not true. The DIRECTOR of BCBS, Mrs. Tucker (803-264-7284) has contacted you directly and has asked for you to remove this FALSE accusation. Dr. Lawhon highly recommends that anyone call Mrs. Tucker directly to verify what I am saying is correct. BCBS admits to giving you the "wrong" information and has corrected their mistake. You were aware of that when you posted this on Rate MD. You yourself REFUSED to do a THREE WAY call with the BCBS, Dr. Lawhon's office and yourself to confirm that they made an error because you did not want them to explain their error or correct it. Our office records all calls and all of this is documented. You knew we couldn't make the correction until BCBS finalized their mistake and the Director was in the process of doing so. The Director even advised you it was their mistake and to Remove this FALSE accusation immediately given it was their mistake. With in a matter of 10 days from processing all of the claims between BCBS Medical, BCBS Dental Plus & BCBS Dental Base you were fully explained that they made an error. You knew that Dr. Lawhon's office was in contact daily with BCBS as well as yourself. As you can see dealing with Insurance companies it is a difficult and lengthy process in which Medical Insurance and Dental Insurace have to be coordinated. This is why Dr. Lawhon's office is the only one that is in Network with over 100 Insurance companies. We are not perfect but we know how to file Insurance and in this case the Director of BCBS, Mrs. Tucker, can attest that we were right. It boils down to you trying to bully us into giving you larger refund than you deserve. Lastly, Dr. Lawhon encourages anyone reading this review to call Mrs. Tucker with BCBS to confirm all of what we are saying is true. Her direct line is 1-803-264-7284.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr. Lawhon is great but his staff is completely horrible. They take your money and file your insurance and will not send a refund. I had to have the director of BCBS to send a letter to them in order to get my refund I am still waiting for my money. I feel like they tried to steal my money. I will never go back. I dont have money to throw away. I have filed a insurance fraud with BCBS on this office. I really like Dr. Lawhon but his staff is horrible.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016