Ratings for Dr. Vincent Tang

Avoid this doctor at all cost. My family has been going to him for more than 20 years and he's only gotten worse over the years. He's not helpful, does not listen and dismisses all of your concerns. I agree with one of the previous reviewers who said going to see him is stressful itself.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I can't comment on whether Dr. Vincent Tang is nice or rude, as he has been professional and straight forward in my dealings with him. What I can say is that he's not helpful when it comes to being my doctor. I have had him as a family GP for close to 20 years, and since I was a child. . I agree with most of other comments here that he tends to dismiss my health concerns. I don't generally seek medical attention for the fun of it, but when I do see him he usually attributes my problems to stress or lack of sleep, which I find counter productive. He may be helpful if you have something superficial such as a cold or a visible allergic reaction, however I would recommend seeking another opinion if you are dealing with more complex issues.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

He was my father's GP, and I have heard my father describe him as being rude, dismissive, and egotistical. He doesn't seem to care very much about his patients, and also seem to take advantage of their poor English skills and lack of knowledge of the Canadian healthcare system. He only ordered tests at my father's repeated insistence. Good thing he did, because the test results ended up with a cancer diagnosis. I requested a copy of my father's medical records for my own information. His MOA told me there would be no charge because it's not for litigation purposes. However, when they called me back to let me know that the documents were ready, they wanted to charge me $80 or so for their trouble. I told her to check with Dr. Tang about this but they haven't gotten back to me yet. It's been about 3 months.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I've found the only way I'll be receiving treatment with Dr. Tangs help is if I diagnose myself and convince him to send me to a specialist, because he either ignores issues or attributes them to non factors, such as my likelyhood to be an alcoholic bease I enjoy a couple beers on Friday nights with my friends. I've since changed family doctors, as Dr. Tang was too stressful to interact with.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I saw this doctor for a simple medical test result. As always, he brushed aside concerns I have regarding my health. And instead he was prying about my relationship with my spouse. It was totally unrelated to the issue at hand.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Long wait 60 min after the appointment time. He has punctuality always been bad but this time wasted my precious 60 min and he not even say sorry. Wish he need to learn punctuality is important to all patients.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I've had Dr. Tang before but i've switched doctors long time ago. I recently had to accompany a relative of mine to see this doctor, and he's still the same as before, rude, uncaring, and acts as if he knows all and is never wrong, staring at his laptop almost 95% of the time, instead of actually listening to the patient. He is ridiculous thick in the head, as if nothing fazes him, and he's very judgemental. Eventhough i was not his patient, he already assumed the kind of person i was. I left the appt room livid, ready to do him some damage and throw expletives at him, and it wasn't even my appt !!!! If you can help it, do not see this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I had Dr Tang for 20 years and recently switched. He's not that great - I would say you're better off trying for another doctor who actually cares. He's usually pretty rushed and doesn't like to go the extra mile. Very curt bedside manner - doesn't really give off the energy that he actually cares about patients.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Is it just me or are the fees charged for filling out forms outrageous?! I heard other doctors might charge $20 or $40 to fill out insurance forms or even do it for free, but $120! Not like the patients have a choice, but it's required by the insurance companies. That is like one day's wage just to pay for a 1 page form fill out that probably take about 5 minutes, maybe 10 minutes max and that is someone which a decent wage. I know he's busy and all and I agree that he could charge a fee but $120 is just crazy. Not to mention he rushes people, make them feel bad when he's being questioned and never on time. It is not unusual to have to wait 30 minutes or more even though you have made appoinment and is on time.

Submitted August 20, 2013

My friend introduce me see he , he just ok, in the past he is good, , but now just want more patients more money,, not much detail to tell me, my friends and friends got other family doctor now,,

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012