Ratings for Dr. Kimberlyn R. Atherton

Avoid this place! I picked them because I began receiving insurance for once in my life and they're in network; I thought that would make things more affordable and simpler to cover. After initially not having my records despite my old dentist sending them, I had two appts scheduled. The first was to get my xrays up to date and the second was for a couple fillings. I paid more for these "covered" fillings than I used to at my old dentist with no insurance. $500 they charged my insurance! My portion of that I reluctantly paid as I left and then cancelled my remaining appointments. A month later I receive a bill for another $60 they apparently didn't bother telling me about. I've had nothing but grief from this office. Not to mention if you respond to their email survey it is in NO WAY confidential, in fact they'll bring up whatever you put in there when you go in next time. So don't give them an honest opinion whatever you do because everyone in the office will know it was you and confront you about it.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

I have always experienced excellent care from Dr. Atherton and her staff. Everyone there is prompt, knowledgable, and very efficient. I have had a couple of dental emergencies, and her staff worked me in on the same day. Her office facilities and equipment are the best I have ever encountered. If I had to list one remotely negative feature of her practice, it would be cost. She does tend to be a little on the high side, even with insurance. But, excellent care comes with a price tag, and to me it is worth it.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2012

VT Graduate students!! This dentist does not care about your personal situation. Fist, I selected this dentist because it had all the paperwork requires prior to the appointment online and the appointments were done and confirm by emails. However, after my first visit, the staffs re-scheduled me for a visit 6 month later. At the day of the appointment, I was out off the country and I was not able to go to the the appointment. To be honest, I completely forgot about it! The office left me tons of voice mail in my phone which I could not listen because I was out of the country. However, they never send me an email as a reminder. Of course, they charge me $40 for not show even though they never send me a reminder email about the appointment. I talked to them about my situation of the no show and to try to reschedule a new appointment. Of course the lady, hang up on me and told me that I have to pay that fee first.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2009

You better have a good bank account. She clearly does not care for low income people. I went there last year to refresh a filling in a tooth that had a root canal and to have installed on it a crown. However, when I arrived she did not listen to my needs, they automatically took XRay of all my teeth and full panoramic of my teeth. Then, the hygienist came and found that my teeth that should be treated for periodontal pocket with antibiotics for a total of $500. Finally, the dentist came. She started to tell me that she is going to give me the best teeth treatment that is available in the "World," which is totally not true.Even though I repeated I was student and had a limited income.I made sure to tell her several time what needed to be done.She did not listen. The whole amount was over $3000.I repeat I was there for a filling and a crown.Clearly, I was not rich enough for this dentist.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2008

Dr. Atherton and her staff are rude. They admitted that they overcharged me and then refused to refund the overcharged amount. Do not go to this dentist!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2008

Very bad experiences. My kid was crying from beginning to the end and the nurse even didn't use water to clean the month.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2007