Ratings for Dr. Galina Portnoi

Dr. Portnoi is a very helpful doctor. Although it is challenging to get an appointment, it is definitely worth the wait as she helps you understand all your problems and concerns. She takes the time to thoroughly answer all your questions. I feel very comfortable around her as she is kind and sweet. Her secretary is a little difficult to deal with, however, it does not bother me, as she is not the one who is giving me medical advice.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

What a pair of useless "women" (for the lack of better word that is not allowed to be used on this site)!!! Wow, I never got any help from them. I'm 30 yrs old and every time I ask to be sent to a specialist or feel like I need extra care the doctor says that I don't need it cause I'm too young. Didn't refer to a psychiatrist, didn't refer to allergy test, she thinks I have no allergies because I'm too young and that I can deal with my psychological issues which could be as bad as bipolar disorder (just for the record) on my own.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Worst doctor ever! Don't even waist you're time with her, don't eve get me started with the secretary.... The worst part is that the doctor sucks! She is not helpful at all, no advice, no patience, and if you have more than 1 question she will tell you to book another appointment. The amount of time you spend in that office is a waist of you're time because she will just tell you that everything is ok or prescribe pills. To all those people that are worried that is they leave they won't be able to find a doctor. Just go to any pharmacy or walk-in clinic and they can give you a list of different family doctors.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

I have never met a nicer, kinder, more caring person than Dr. Portnoi. She is very knowledgeable in new developments in her field, in new procedures and medications. You can ask her any question about your problems, and she will explain everything very thoroughly, easily to understand for a non-medical person, and very patiently. She is always eager to refer you to any specialist who might help you. Dr. Portnoi's smile and encouraging words are an integral part of her practice; they look and sound very sincere as they come from her heart. Because she has so many patients and because she cannot refuse those who have an emergency, patients with appointments usually have to wait for quite some time to be seen by the doctor. The doctor's receptionist can sometimes be rude and bossy, but, I guess,that is a kind of protection for the doctor who finds it hard to say "no" to those who need her help. The receptionist makes sure nobody takes too much advantage of the doctor's kindness.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Doctor Galina Portnoi has excellent skills in diagnosis. She has a good work net, so she always refers to the great specialists.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

Avoid at all costs! Very rude secretary Rina who acts like she is a doctor and acts like she is doing you a huge favour by talking to you. My mother-in-law is a patient of Dr.Portnoy for many years now and she has always complained about her and her secretary but I always thought that she was just exaggerating. The only reason why she was still her patient is because she speak Russian and my mother-in-law only speaks Russian, and she leave is close by. Doctor is ignorant to what you say, she makes her own assumptions and doesn't let you speak. You feel stupid and embarrassed so you just want to leave the office and never come back. I met her recently when I accompanied my mother-in-law. I just could not believe that she was for real.The secretary should be banned from working or even interacting with people, and the doctor should work as a secretary as she knows just enough to work as a receptionist at a REAL doctor's office. I am now transferring my mother-in-law to my family doctor.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

Dr. Galina Portnoi's Credentials

• Doneck Medical University (Grad. 1989)

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Portnoi is a very helpful doctor. Although it is challenging to get an appointment, it is definitely worth the wait as she helps you understand all your pro..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "She's a fabulous doctor, very knowledgable and helpful - not a fan of her secretary, but that doesnt really affect my health so i don't mind much. "

November 10, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Don't waste your time. Walk in clinic might be a better choice."

September 26, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Only actual complaint is the secretary. She is extremely rude, literally told me and my mother to shut our mouths..."

September 2, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "L4J 7Z1". Address has been updated from "None" to "7131 Bathurst Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19057647474".

June 4, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "This site is unfair to great doctor who can not defend herself since the posy is anonymous"

April 6, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Doctor is knowledgeable and helpful but the secretary is difficult to deal with."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "What a pair of useless "women" (for the lack of better word that is not allowed to be used on this site)!!! Wow, I never got any help from them. I'm 30 yrs ol..."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst doctor ever! Don't even waist you're time with her, don't eve get me started with the secretary.... The worst part is that the doctor sucks! She is not he..."

November 11, 2014
  • new location added: Thornhill, ON

July 8, 2013
  • Last Name changed from "Portnoy" to "Portnoi"

July 8, 2013